• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/26/2023 at 5:27 PM, PATrobas said:

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit from His conception. Then, at His baptism, we see the Holy Spirit coming upon Him in the form of a dove, anointing and filling Him in preparation for His public ministry. He was never apart from His Father nor the Holy Spirit until His death on the cross when He cried out My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?Mark 15:34 Thus, the man Jesus died alone. But as I studied His public ministry, which He performed by the power of the Holy Spirit, I found that  Jesus manifested every spiritual gift and ministry ever given to men (as outlined in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, Romans 12:6-8, and Ephesians 4:11,) except one. That one exception is the speaking in, and the interpretation of tongues. There is no Biblical record of Him ever exercising that gift. This seemed odd to me until it occurred to me that perhaps He did exercise a form of the gift of tongues when He spoke to the people in parables. By speaking in parables, He was fulfilling the purpose and ministry of the gift of tongues. A look back at Israel provides some insight to how they are tied together.

God sent prophets to rebellious Israel, telling them to repent, and to hear and obey God. When Israel rejected the prophet’s message, God sent a people of another tongue, or foreigners, to take them captive as a corrective discipline. Yet even then, the people of Israel would not listen. They did not have a heart towards God to understand what He was doing. Isaiah 28:11-12; 1 Corinthians 14:21 So just as the prophets spoke, and the foreigners came to discipline Israel, Jesus comes along and speaks in parables. But like someone speaking in a foreign language, Jesus’ words were not understood by those who were following Him. When the disciples asked Jesus to interpret the parables, He told them that only to those who seek Him and desire to understand the kingdom of God, would He reveal the meanings by the Holy Spirit. Mark 4:11-12 Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 14 that tongues are a sign for those who believe not. Literally, ones that will not believe. In other words, tongues are a sign of God’s discipline upon a rebellious people, not a sign of supernatural holiness to the church. Thus, Jesus spoke in parables and interpreted them to those who had a heart to hear, saying, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.Luke 8:10 from Jeremiah 5:21

Final Thoughts:  Deuteronomy 29:29 says, “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us…” It is not that God withholds eternal life from some and gives it to others at random, for 2 Peter 3:9 says, “(the Lord is) not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” But because salvation is of God, and not by man’s wisdom, He reveals Himself to those who by faith seek Him and His Word, and not to them who follow their own gods. Jeremiah 29:13; Acts 28:26-27

I dont think he needed to he was God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, backontrack said:

I dont think he needed to he was God

Speaking in tongues is for all the people to HEAR the message of God

...and all heard in their own language.