• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 6/10/2023 at 1:53 PM, JimmyB said:

You are really stretching things to apply this to any Bible translation.

Finally, the KJV was authorized by a secular king, not by God!

I believe the KJV has God's authority. Although it actually is not the best translation if you're looking for a commentary.  In this case we are just looking at the word "perform" in the KJV.  Other translations use the word "fulfill" "accomplish". "Perform" emphasizes the action itself, "fulfill" focuses on meeting expectations or requirements, and "accomplish" highlights successfully achieving a goal or desired outcome.

IF you want to claim the promises of God, then you have to use the KJV. I believe the KJV is authorized by God. I am actually a descendant of Bloody Mary's first martyr. He was a Bible translator. In Bible school they teach context, but I go back to the meaning of the original Hebrew Language. I look at what the letters represent. 

I study the Hebrew under the Hasidic on You Tube and I read some of their books. They are glad to teach Hebrew to anyone that is interested. Although they are limited in the questions they will answer for people who do not follow their beliefs. I esp like Rabbi Friedman and Rabbi Trugman.

Christians would not be able to read the Hebrew Bible without the Oral Tradition. So we are very indebted to them for our understanding of the Bible. 

Perform, fulfill & accomplish are three different words and they do not mean the same thing. The correct word is in the KJV "Perform". 

Figure-6-ZBAM-Detailed-Illustration-CROP.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member

15 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Because there was no King in Israel yet to enforce the Law of God.

The people wanted a King so he gave them a King. God's way are Priests and Judges. 

• Group:  Royal Member

On 6/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, NConly said:

some believe in 24 hour creation some dont

Some believe that there are many levels of understanding. They like to use the example of blind people looking at an elephant. The person that handles the trunk describes a different elephant than the one who has the tail. Who is right? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31

6 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Hi there, thanks. I think, just my opinion, to much concern over perceived "intellectual". We need the spirit of God to accept his ways, his truth as our truth. But Concern over intellect, unless I am misunderstanding that term,  means the fleshly mind void of the spirit of God.

When it comes to the order of Melchizedek, Just pointing out a biblical construct is all, for discussion. There are levels of priesthood. Judaism, historic Christianity, and scripture.

High priest, sons of Aaron

Levites, judaism calls ordinary priests

And priesthood of the people as a whole.

So, this is the shadow and pattern we are given in scripture, for even the natural man to see. So, the very plain and simple construct is, as recognized by others, not just myself alone.

So, Jesus being High priest (and king) over that order. And only him, forever without end. 

It is not according Genealogy, In the new covenant made in his blood, therefore need not have Lineage Mother or Father. The carnal commands have been disannulled.

But maybe you are seeing something I am not?

Yes, it is deeper, in that he took on flesh of the children of Abraham, and purged them. But the priesthood and levels of it not so much.

The big obstacle for God to look upon, and have fellowship with, His creature, is His holiness. He is uncreated and the rest is created. The chasm between god and His creature is massive. Psalm 113:6 say that He must humble Himself just to look at creation. Before there ever was a man, Lucifer, the top angel, was declared "a COVERING Cherub" (Ezek.28:16).  This comes from the Ark and the Mercy Seat. Because God is so holy, he dwells behind a curtain and then two Cherubim "cover" the Mercy Seat for added separation.

Aaron and his sons after him were allowed to go in to have audience once a year. For this they had to have special sacrifices, special washings and special clothing. If they did one thing wrong they were struck dead on the spot. The rest of Levi's offspring could serve, some in the Holy Place and some in the Outer Court. The big disadvantage of this system was (i) the High Priest died and had to be replaced, (ii) the High Priest had to atone for himself with a special animal, (iii) the High Priest must atone for himself and the people annually, and (iv) the whole process did not take away sins because men are temporal.

So God, in order to clear the matter and make men worthy to be in His presence, institutes another priesthood. This Priesthood has no birth, no parents and no end. Why? To make the atonement ETERNAL. It is done once and then never repeated. Added to this, the Order of Melchizedek do not have to atone for themselves. They may freely pass through the heavenly Tabernacle. Next, the Priesthood of Melchizedek do not DIE. They abide in resurrection Life and cannot die. The serving High Priest of the heavenly tabernacle (and of the Church) is NEVER replaced. Finally, God has a permanent vehicle for fellowship with His creature without humbling Himself. the Priest of this Order is HOLY Himself. God can command the creature to come as often and as boldly as he likes because he does so on the shoulders of a Holy One.

The order of Melchizedek is FAAAR superior to the order of Aaron. Jesus is the New "Covering Cherub", but in effect does away with the Cherubim. And since our Lord passed through the heavenly Tabernacle that wonderful resurrection day, he becomes the ONLY way to the Father. He is the new Garden of Eden where men can have unlimited fellowship with the Most High. Aaron must approach with fear. We can now approach "boldly". Aaron might make a mistake and not be accepted. Christ is already fully accepted for ever.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31

@Vine Abider. The thread took another turn and I contributed. I thought it important enough to do this, but would still like to apologize. This thread and its title is vitally important. With 98% of Christendom believing that going to heaven is our goal, no wonder the Churches "lose their first love". It cannot be emphasized enough that God has declared it NOT GOOD for a man to be alone. If we do not make the Church as Christ's Bride and Wife our priority, we ROB Jesus of His JOY.

Just look how many times the lack of affection for our Redeemer is the cause of failure. Matthew 7 - "I never knew you". Matthew 25 - the Virgins were ignorant concerning the oil because they were not intimate with Christ on a regular basis. The Lampstand shines no longer in Ephesus today. Where is it? GONE! Gone with their first love! Diana's memory abides - but the Church ... ? Are the sheep starving for God's Word? Peter, "if you love me ... ."

I hope we can return to the OP and walk away with a renewed zeal to be firmly in love with our coming Bridegroom. Adam was impressed with the animals. But he was besotted* with Eve.

*Britannica Dictionary definition of BESOTTED -  loving someone or something so much that you cannot think clearly.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

@Vine Abider. The thread took another turn and I contributed. I thought it important enough to do this, but would still like to apologize. This thread and its title is vitally important. With 98% of Christendom believing that going to heaven is our goal, no wonder the Churches "lose their first love". It cannot be emphasized enough that God has declared it NOT GOOD for a man to be alone. If we do not make the Church as Christ's Bride and Wife our priority, we ROB Jesus of His JOY.

Just look how many times the lack of affection for our Redeemer is the cause of failure. Matthew 7 - "I never knew you". Matthew 25 - the Virgins were ignorant concerning the oil because they were not intimate with Christ on a regular basis. The Lampstand shines no longer in Ephesus today. Where is it? GONE! Gone with their first love! Diana's memory abides - but the Church ... ? Are the sheep starving for God's Word? Peter, "if you love me ... ."

I hope we can return to the OP and walk away with a renewed zeal to be firmly in love with our coming Bridegroom. Adam was impressed with the animals. But he was besotted* with Eve.

*Britannica Dictionary definition of BESOTTED -  loving someone or something so much that you cannot think clearly.

Thank you brother!  I appreciate your effort for trying to get us back on track with this critical topic! (and thanks for expanding our vocabulary with "besotted"!)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48

25 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Thank you brother!  I appreciate your effort for trying to get us back on track with this critical topic! (and thanks for expanding our vocabulary with "besotted"!)

25 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

@Vine Abider. The thread took another turn and I contributed. I thought it important enough to do this, but would still like to apologize.

I apologize as well. This was the reason I said it would be the last for me, in the thread. The very limited point I made did not address the other issues which are also important, just not for this thread.

Edited by Anne2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77

5 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Some believe that there are many levels of understanding. They like to use the example of blind people looking at an elephant. The person that handles the trunk describes a different elephant than the one who has the tail. Who is right? 

I believe there are different levels of understanding.

You say "They like to use the example of blind people looking at an elephant."

That is a bad example. Almost ridiculous imo.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

17 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Neither is right, which is why claiming that to claim God's promises one must use a single translation: the KJV.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Neither is right, which is why claiming that to claim God's promises one must use a single translation: the KJV.

:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon: