IGNORED

Dispensationalism, Dooms Day Politics, And Prosperity Theology. How should a Pastor Respond ? Not knowing if here, or somewhere else.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Dispensationalism, Dooms Day Politics, And Prosperity Theology. How should a Pastor Respond ? I do not know where to put this, But it is a problem for me, and a problem for society. I think. :39:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Shepherds/Overseers need share the word of God word by word. Then allow room ( And time) for the Holy Spirit to do what is the agency of the Spirit's task for individual  practical application.

The rules of understanding God's word as made by man, even in best efforts, serve mostly to separate not unite.  Read the word not the isolating versifications of the word. Read for the joy of it, not the reciting of what someone has decided is a "verse" something to become separate from it's fuller context. For no verse stands alone, each requires a preponderance of affirmation within the writings.

Enjoy God, and then the  many efforts of man that divides one from another will be overcome. God didn't make nearly as many rules as man has in the name of God.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,884
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Personally, they should respond with the Gospel. Believe in Jesus, repent of wrongdoing, dedicate your life to God and sharing with others. Every honest pastor I've heard preach on end times etc. admits they do not know for sure that they are right and it has no effect on salvation and winning people to Christ. Why, then, use your Sunday morning service on it? If people are interested in these secondary issues, let them investigate the professors and scholars writings on their own time. Many people, out of obligation or tradition or whatever other motive, give God just one or two hours per week on Sunday mornings. They need to hear their pastor cry out to them to change their ways and come to God, not a discussion on pre-trib or post-trib or whatever else. Has anyone ever answered an alter call at the end of a message on what the number of the beast might actually be?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

17 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Dispensationalism, Dooms Day Politics, And Prosperity Theology

There theological training at college will have taught them about dispensationalism and depending on their views how to deal with it.

Dooms day politics, teach that the world will not last for ever, that on Jesus's return it will be destroyed and that as Christians we are to live now in this world looking forward to his return.

It is up to each Christian to decide whether to have a cellar stocked with food etc and also to ensure they have a plan how to deal with their neighbours.

Prosperity gospel, this is not a Christian doctrine, never taught at Christian theological colleges and is a blatant twisting of scripture.

Preach the gospel, apply it to daily life, remind people that Jesus said, ' If you Love me you will obey my commandment.'

Jesus as the Son of God gave the ten commandments, we are not saved by obeying them, but we are identified as Christian if we do.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

5 hours ago, Who me said:

There theological training at college will have taught them about dispensationalism and depending on their views how to deal with it.

Dooms day politics, teach that the world will not last for ever, that on Jesus's return it will be destroyed and that as Christians we are to live now in this world looking forward to his return.

It is up to each Christian to decide whether to have a cellar stocked with food etc and also to ensure they have a plan how to deal with their neighbours.

Prosperity gospel, this is not a Christian doctrine, never taught at Christian theological colleges and is a blatant twisting of scripture.

Felt pretty Prospeirty gospel to me around here the other day, Feeling pretty Prosperity gospel~ey around here, as well. Thanks. :emot-pray:

5 hours ago, Who me said:

Preach the gospel, apply it to daily life, remind people that Jesus said, ' If you Love me you will obey my commandment.'

Jesus as the Son of God gave the ten commandments, we are not saved by obeying them, but we are identified as Christian if we do.

Thanks. :emot-pray:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

John 16:33 (KJV)
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

As far as dispensationalism... the Bible divides human history into periods of the dispensation of God's revelation to man (to which man has been held accountable).

The Abrahamic dispensation was more than the Noahide dispensation but less than the dispensation of Moses. All involving faith and obedience on man's par and grace

on God's part. Leading up to the dispensation of the Gospel. We've been in this dispensation since 30 CE. The dispensation of tribulation is coming.

There is an element of antisemitism / replacement theology that misuses and perverts the meaning of dispensationalism to justify its heresy (namely Preterism). Hopefully, the OP is not referring to this.

But life itself and the Gospel message are doomsday scenarios (and victory) since all in this life die. And we are not "dispies" for believing what the word of God teaches.

The traditions of man (i.e. the doctrines of demons / things of man... which got Peter called Satan by the Lord... which nullify the word of God and make the worship of Christ in vain... which prevent people from even understanding the words of Jesus...) are to be opposed rather than embraced.

There has been, are, and always will be doom in this world... it is a blessing and uncommon when there is a brief interval when there isn't doom in pockets of the world... but Christ and the Gospel overcomes the world of doom.