ChristB4us

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  1

When you read the two different stories of the Creation account, it is a known fact that the original scriptures were not divided into numbered chapters and numbered verses.  So when you read the first creation account, you should read it from Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:3 for the complete account.  Here is why.

Genesis 1:In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The first verse is the topic and the following verses to the end of Genesis 2:3 is how God did that in verse 1.  Notice how Genesis 2:1 ends it by the word "Thus" for the conclusion of that topic in Genesis 1:1.

Genesis 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So fathom that for a moment, hoping in the Lord for wisdom to see the truth in His words.

The very first day of creation was the establishment of time by that creation of light for that first day as there was evening and morning that first day.  So what was created that first day was that first day by that light; hence time was created.

The second day of creation was the establishment of gravity and the beginning of the creation of the earth because all that was there that first day was water.  On that second day, earth was starting to be formed by creating a water planet with the upper atmosphere.

The third day was the completion of creating earth by having that one large land mass with all the sea in one place.  On that one large land mass was the creation of mature plant life and mature trees bearing seeds and fruits.

Then the universe was created that fourth day for the purpose of shining her lights on the earth for the governing for signs, for seasons, for days, and for years.  That means not only the heavenly sources were created, but her lights were to be shining on that earth that fourth day. 

So can one discern the age of the universe and thus earth by that speed of light?  No.  Because the inverse did not existed until that fourth day for when God commanded her lights to shine on that earth that fourth day for signs, seasons, days and years.

The fifth day marine life and birds were created.

The sixth day, animals were created and then man was created to have dominion over all living things.

Then the first creation account ends at Genesis 2:3 when God rested the seventh day from those six days of creating the heavens and the earth.

The second creation account is a rehashing of the event on the sixth day for when man was created which begins the topic of the generations of man in Genesis 2:4. We can know that by how verse 5 testifies that there was no man yet to till the ground for why God ordered a mist to water the earth.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Rain did not happen until the global flood.  FYI

This is how we should read the two creation accounts so that in light of science, they do not take this into consideration when determining the age of the universe by that speed of light & thereby insinuating the age of the earth which is a faulty assumption for why the big bang theory and the evolution theory are a false science.  What do you get from building on a faulty assumption?  False knowledge & thus false science.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

On 6/8/2023 at 6:58 AM, ChristB4us said:

This is how we should read the two creation accounts so that in light of science, they do not take this into consideration when determining the age of the universe by that speed of light & thereby insinuating the age of the earth which is a faulty assumption for why the big bang theory and the evolution theory are a false science.  What do you get from building on a faulty assumption?  False knowledge & thus false science.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

There is a thread on this very verse in General section.

Paul's not talking about modern science (how could he), but most likely, the growing threat of Gnosticism.

• Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

There is a thread on this very verse in General section.

Paul's not talking about modern science (how could he), but most likely, the growing threat of Gnosticism.

I doubt that.  Gnosticism is known as secret or hidden knowledge from which I believe is them being involved with that pagan tongues of gibberish nonsense.  That is why those monks put away the daily reading of the scriptures to letting them become the oldest manuscripts while they get their edification from tongues in their praying and fasting and meditations.

Course, I cannot prove it, since very little is known about Gnosticism but it would goes to show why they do not rely on writings for their secret or hidden knowledge as some tongues for private users today are just assuming they are being edified by tongues too.  yet the modern day tongue users and the Gnostics cannot tell you what was said in tongues for private use but yet they were "edified". 

1 hour ago, ChristB4us said:

I doubt that.  Gnosticism is known as secret or hidden knowledge from which I believe is them being involved with that pagan tongues of gibberish nonsense.  That is why those monks put away the daily reading of the scriptures to letting them become the oldest manuscripts while they get their edification from tongues in their praying and fasting and meditations.

Course, I cannot prove it, since very little is known about Gnosticism but it would goes to show why they do not rely on writings for their secret or hidden knowledge as some tongues for private users today are just assuming they are being edified by tongues too.  yet the modern day tongue users and the Gnostics cannot tell you what was said in tongues for private use but yet they were "edified". 

I don't think tongues was really an issue in Gnosticism, but I'm not sure about that. Dictionary.com states:

"a prominent heretical movement of the 2nd-century Christian Church, partly of pre-Christian origin. Gnostic doctrine taught that the world was created and ruled by a lesser divinity, the demiurge, and that Christ was an emissary of the remote supreme divine being, esoteric knowledge (gnosis) of whom enabled the redemption of the human spirit."

Such a teaching seems far more in line with the issues facing Paul back in the day, and one that he would warn Timothy about, than any modern scientific theories that were 1800+ years in the future.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 6/8/2023 at 9:58 AM, ChristB4us said:

So what was created that first day was that first day by that light; hence time was created.

The second day of creation was the establishment of gravity and the beginning of the creation of the earth because all that was there that first day was water. 

Huh like a massive star one day then supernova of raw elements creating a black hole another day. Building blocks of other stars and planetary systems. Even the gold from stars is a necessary element in the human body its quite fascinating indeed.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

On what day were the current laws of physics created?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Much has been said about the nature of creation and the time involved but there's a point where the evidence is overwhelming for the vastness of space and the vast age of the universe (That's why Abraham's spiritual seed is compared to the stars of heaven; there's an eternal aspect to it).  As for myself, I hold to the "earth ages" (but do not believe in pre-existing souls of people being angels as some have said).  Those of us who studied scripture understand that in Genesis 1:2 after the heavens and Earth were created that it "became" a waste:  a catastrophe of some sort happened as the Lord did not create the Earth this way. It's in this age was the angelic age and therein lies all forms of life that perished one sees the remains in museums and whatnot.  Yes, that all really happened many many years ago.  The "creation" of Genesis is that of Adam and reestablishing life that came from the waters and Earth. So it's a recreation.  How long does that take? And how was it done?  The Bible does not say other than God had a hand in it.  I don't care if all life was unique, or maybe a continuation of what previously existed since it came from the waters and land.  (This gets into my point about passive creation, i.e. things forming by themselves based on God-created laws such as stars, or active creation using less time where God actively makes something the same manner mankind can make a machine - but neither form of creation breaks the laws of biology or physics and indeed, needs those laws for the creation to work).  So what I am NOT saying is that creation takes a long time to come into existence.  God can create quickly or slowly.  What I am saying is that things are very old most of them at an earlier age.  This is just my opinion, but if one wants to believe in a young universe, they might as well go all the way and believe in a flat Earth.  The first has to do with time, the second with the other 3 dimensions. Flt Earthers seem to use the Bible to support their view, but it's plainly wrong as I can prove in a round Earth not by the traditional ways such as space pictures and ships sinking believe horizons, but with what I can make using a simple child's school ruler and protractor right here in my backyard - so I thought this out very carefully. The same goes with time and eternity.

17 hours ago, teddyv said:

I don't think tongues was really an issue in Gnosticism, but I'm not sure about that. Dictionary.com states:

"a prominent heretical movement of the 2nd-century Christian Church, partly of pre-Christian origin. Gnostic doctrine taught that the world was created and ruled by a lesser divinity, the demiurge, and that Christ was an emissary of the remote supreme divine being, esoteric knowledge (gnosis) of whom enabled the redemption of the human spirit."

Such a teaching seems far more in line with the issues facing Paul back in the day, and one that he would warn Timothy about, than any modern scientific theories that were 1800+ years in the future.

Gnosticism

"There was no settled Gnostic position on these points. Each Gnostic worked out a solution as he or she pleased, freely inventing myths to his or her own satisfaction, borrowing at will from the thoughts of predecessors."  end of quote

This tends to lead me to think that they were using tongues for private use, wresting the scripture as if they can be self edified without interpretation and so apply their gibberish nonsense to making things up as if they had received knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

A lot of tongue users for private use today believe that because there is no interpretation, it is for private use and they wrest the scriptures of verses 2, 4 & 14 out of context of 1 Corinthians 14th chapter for why prophesy is better than tongues to seek after prophesy but instead, they made tongues for private use that far more cooler gift to seek after as if Paul was so dumb to do that.  They pull out all those so called benefits for tongues for private use and yet ignore 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 that none of those gifts are for private use but to profit the assembly as a whole see verses 7 & 19-21.  They promote that tongue for private use by seeking a baptism with the holy Ghost with evidence of tongues but there we are not to receive Jesus after a sign Matthew 12:38-40 les we be committing spiritual adultery and tongues were not to serve as a sign to believers at all but for the unbelievers 1 Corinthians 14:20-22  

There are some that believe they have the actual God's gift of tongues as this one church did for hiring a linguist to ascertain how many different languages was being spoken there and as it turned out, it was all gibberish nonsense.  So were the translators lying?  Joyce Meyers says that she interpret tongue by getting the gist or feel of what is being said and then interprets that. I do not know if that church was doing it the way Joyce Meyers said to do but I can see that Gnosticism mindset of making things up as they go along.

Still, for me proving it .... probably not.  The Lord confirming it to the readers, that can happen and believe as I do that is what Paul was reproving in 2 Timothy 2:16 so that they do not run away with made up things not found in scripture per 2 Timothy 2:15.

5 hours ago, FJK said:

First day, at 10^-43 seconds.

:whistling:

• Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, FJK said:

From the OP, what day do you think it was created?