• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Great.   Are any of those sins willful or unknowingly , and if willful, how do you handle it ?.  Just asking the questions so we all learn.

My view: If a Christian gets caught up in committing willful sins, he has

got a big problem. How to deal with that? Pray to the Lord and BEG for His help

daily to strengthen the will  --- and tyhen read the Bible more devotionally. 

Best

JAG

[]

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

23 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Which means, to the grammar police, you are guilty of something. :D

Yeah the grammar police have had a good time with the title  of my OP

on the squirrel wide web.

JAG

[]

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

23 hours ago, JAG** said:

So now "therefore being justified through faith [in Jesus] we have peace with God through
our Lord Jesus Christ.'
Romans 5:1

Thank you.

Another question.

So, where does sanctification fits into all this and what actually is it really ?. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So, where does sanctification fits into all this and what actually is it really ?. 

In a nutshell, it is an ongoing process where the Lord is working in us toward being more like Him.

Its a big ol topic for sure.

One practical handle to understand is when the Lord puts His finger on something in your life and it can be most anything at all, an action, a way of thinking, an attitude; and you say to Him (in essence) "yes Lord, I agree". You have changed your mind. In the normal christian life, this never stops.

For myself, I am convinced that I can do nothing myself in my own power and need Him to work these things in me.

The transforming power of a New Life--and that Life, is Christ in you, the Hope of Glory.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alive said:

In a nutshell, it is an ongoing process where the Lord is working in us toward being more like Him.

Its a big ol topic for sure.

One practical handle to understand is when the Lord puts His finger on something in your life and it can be most anything at all, an action, a way of thinking, an attitude; and you say to Him (in essence) "yes Lord, I agree". You have changed your mind. In the normal christian life, this never stops.

For myself, I am convinced that I can do nothing myself in my own power and need Him to work these things in me.

The transforming power of a New Life--and that Life, is Christ in you, the Hope of Glory.

Amen to that.

I will add the following scripture verses.

ROMANS 8

38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things [n]impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,

39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Alive said:

There is one thing you can choose to do.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches:
He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing."

Abide in Him...

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

On 6/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, warrior12 said:

Are any of those sins willful or unknowingly , and if willful, how do you handle it ?.

Why does that matter? In the Old Testament, unintentional or even unknown sins were STILL counted as sins in God's eyes. It's all the same. If you sin unknowingly and I sin intentionally, we are both still equally guilty. There's no difference. 

5 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Why does that matter? In the Old Testament, unintentional or even unknown sins were STILL counted as sins in God's eyes. It's all the same. If you sin unknowingly and I sin intentionally, we are both still equally guilty. There's no difference. 

The is absolutely true.  But when you recognize that you have sin, then what do you do or how do you handle it.   Do you repent still, or ?.  And still, what if the willful sins are habitual, e.g  Carrying on a adulterous relationship , that you know well it is wrong, but struggle to control or rectify ?.

Hebrews 6:4-6 mentions something in regards to those who have tasted the heavenly gift.   Note,I am just asking the questions for discussion and clarification purposes.  I know this can lead to a long road of OSAS and the opposite.   Always good to hear the viewpoints of a believer on his theology .

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible [to restore and bring again to repentance] those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit,

And have felt how good the Word of God is and the mighty powers of the age and world to come,

If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance—[it is impossible] to bring them back to repentance, for (because, while, as long as) they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh [as far as they are concerned] and are holding [Him] up to contempt and shame and public disgrace.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

The is absolutely true.  But when you recognize that you have sin, then what do you do or how do you handle it.   Do you repent still, or ?.  And still, what if the willful sins are habitual, e.g  Carrying on a adulterous relationship , that you know well it is wrong, but struggle to control or rectify ?.

Hebrews 6:4-6 mentions something in regards to those who have tasted the heavenly gift.   Note,I am just asking the questions for discussion and clarification purposes.  I know this can lead to a long road of OSAS and the opposite.   Always good to hear the viewpoints of a believer on his theology .

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible [to restore and bring again to repentance] those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit,

And have felt how good the Word of God is and the mighty powers of the age and world to come,

If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance—[it is impossible] to bring them back to repentance, for (because, while, as long as) they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh [as far as they are concerned] and are holding [Him] up to contempt and shame and public disgrace.

So you should know I am 100% OSAS. I've done very exhaustive studying on this subject and I believe OSAS is absolutely true. In answer to your question, Those who continue to willfully sin do serious damage to their relationship with Jesus. Yes, he will still forgive them ( if they are saved, he is required to by his own nature ). whether you repent of each sin or not is irrelevant to your salvation, but refusing to do so will sear your conscience so that you no longer hear or feel God. Hebrews 6:4-6 is a favorite for those trying to prove loss of salvation. The only problem is that this passage actually isn't talking about salvation at all. It's talking about those who KNOW the truth of God and Jesus, and have enough knowledge to be saved, yet they reject such knowledge with all their heart. This is also known as Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I could go on a rant, but I'll stop here. If you wish to discuss this further, I'm happy to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Hebrews 6:4-6 is a favorite for those trying to prove loss of salvation. The only problem is that this passage actually isn't talking about salvation at all. It's talking about those who KNOW the truth of God and Jesus, and have enough knowledge to be saved, yet they reject such knowledge with all their heart. This is also known as Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I could go on a rant, but I'll stop here. If you wish to discuss this further, I'm happy to do so. 

Ok. We can go just a bit further as I said, I am only asking the question that maybe a bible student may ask.     So, then do you believe in the term or the theology of "Election".   Romans 9 , how do you read into that chapter in terms of God choosing or electing people onto salvation.  So, then if so, then this would lead down to the road of Calvinism , if  what I am understanding . Thank you for your explanation and follow-up. 

Romans 9

20 But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same mass (lump) one vessel for beauty and distinction and honorable use, and another for menial or ignoble and dishonorable use?

22 What if God, although fully intending to show [the awfulness of] His wrath and to make known His power and authority, has tolerated with much patience the vessels (objects) of [His] anger which are ripe for destruction?

23 And [what if] He thus purposes to make known and show the wealth of His glory in [dealing with] the vessels (objects) of His mercy which He has prepared beforehand for glory,