bdavidc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

But Elymas the magician (for that is the meaning of his name) opposed them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, “You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you will be blind and unable to see the sun for a time.” Immediately mist and darkness fell upon him, and he went about seeking people to lead him by the hand. Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had occurred, for he was astonished at the teaching of the Lord.  ~ Acts 13:8-12

In our Bible reading for today, it seems impossible to witness and teach the bible without encountering opposition. It is almost a certainty that whenever I post on message boards the truths of the Bible, someone will attempt to divert attention away from them. Most likely, you'll hear "Do Not Judge" to silence you when you stand for the bible. Paul did not flinch and looked this man in the eye and said, "You son of the devil,..." and blinded him as well. As a result, the proconsul believed. In other words, we should keep our eyes on Jesus and preach the good news all the time, not shying away from the truth.

Know the Bible

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The word of God is not ours to control and manipulate. It's there to guide the lamb home to its shepherd.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, bdavidc said:

In our Bible reading for today, it seems impossible to witness and teach the bible without encountering opposition.

So true, @bdavidc Expect division and pray for unity.

These verses come to mind:

2Th 3:1-2  Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you,  (2)  and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith.

Col 4:2-4  Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;  (3)  meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains,  (4)  that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

1Co 16:9  For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

21 hours ago, Obedient Christian girl said:

The word of God is not ours to control and manipulate. It's there to guide the lamb home to its shepherd.

That's a lovely phrase you used there, @Obedient Christian girl.

I am reminded of Hebrews 13.20-21: "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
  But yet in love He sought me,
And on His shoulder gently laid,
  And home rejoicing brought me.

• Thumbs Up 1