• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Well, if you want to totally ignore Rev 20, because Jesus comes back to earth at the Second Advent, ends the battle of Armageddon, and sets up His EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom.  It would rather foolish of King Jesus to burn up the earth where He will be physically reigning for 1,000 years, don't you think?

Right.  They are resurrected "WHEN HE COMES", which is the Second Advent.  1 Cor 15:23

I know.  That's why ONLY the surviving and MORTAL unbelievers will repopulate the earth.

And this has zero to do with the Second Advent or the MK.  

I see the earth is burned up while Christ and His saints are in heaven at the wedding supper of the Lamb.

They return after the indignation is over.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,417
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

I see the earth is burned up while Christ and His saints are in heaven at the wedding supper of the Lamb.

They return after the indignation is over.

Well, the Bible doesn't teach this.  The present earth WILL BE burned up, which is after the GWT judgment and all unbelievers are cast into the LOF.  End of Rev 20.  The first verse of Rev 21 says the present heavens and earth pass away.  There's your fire.

God is going to prepare a NEW earth for believers to live on for eternity.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Philologos said:

And, while I never like to speculate, I personally (with no means to properly prove my statement) think that Eden covers the same footprint that New Jerusalem will, and that same land was originally intended for Abraham’s descendants, and the separate nations of Egypt and Assyria. But Israel, in whole or in part, dwelt in Egypt, Assyria, and Babylon- all of which are within these boundaries, even though in captivity. 

Yes the boundaries of the promised land.From Euphrates to the Nile.

Isaiah 19

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24 In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing[b] on the earth. 25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

Edited by Shilohsfoal

1 minute ago, FreeGrace said:

Well, the Bible doesn't teach this.  The present earth WILL BE burned up, which is after the GWT judgment and all unbelievers are cast into the LOF.  End of Rev 20.  The first verse of Rev 21 says the present heavens and earth pass away.  There's your fire.

God is going to prepare a NEW earth for believers to live on for eternity.

Sure it does, notice both Christ and the saints return to the Father ( the Ancient of days) in heaven “after”the wrath of God is poured out.

Daniel 7:9-14

King James Version

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

( compare Rev 20 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them)

Back to Daniel…

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

( note Rev. 19:20…20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.)

Back to Daniel….

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. (A thousand years)

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, “and came to the Ancient of days,”and they brought him near before him.

(Notice Christ and all the saints return to the Father in Heaven )

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

The wedding supper of the Lamb takes place in heaven…

Matthew 25:1-10

King James Version

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready “went in with him to the marriage:”and the door was shut.”

Notice in the above when Christ returns the wise virgins “go with Christ to the marriage supper”

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,417
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Sure it does, notice both Christ and the saints return to the Father ( the Ancient of days) in heaven “after”the wrath of God is poured out.

To believe this, one has to ignore the clear words of Rev 20.  I believe Rev 20 and know when there will be a new heaven and earth.

21 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Notice in the above when Christ returns the wise virgins “go with Christ to the marriage supper”

What I notice clearly in Rev 19 is that the saints already in heaven are preparing for the wedding supper just before they return to earth with King Jesus, where the wedding supper will take place.

1 minute ago, FreeGrace said:

To believe this, one has to ignore the clear words of Rev 20.  I believe Rev 20 and know when there will be a new heaven and earth.

What I notice clearly in Rev 19 is that the saints already in heaven are preparing for the wedding supper just before they return to earth with King Jesus, where the wedding supper will take place.

But you are saying the earth is not burned up until “after”the thousand year reign of Christ.

That is not what Peter says.  Notice Peter refers to this event as “the day of the Lord” and the Lord coming “as a thief in the night”.

But “the day of the Lord”will come as a “thief in the night;”in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

Paul is speaking of the same event which happens “before” the thousand year reign of Christ.

For yourselves know perfectly that “the day of the Lord”so cometh as a thief in the night.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@Stewardofthemystery  There are some that connect the Day of the Lord as the encompassing of a 1000 year day ... for the same passage you quoted 2 Peter 3:10, he says ... 

2Pe 3:8  Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, George said:

@Stewardofthemystery  There are some that connect the Day of the Lord as the encompassing of a 1000 year day ... for the same passage you quoted 2 Peter 3:10, he says ... 

2Pe 3:8  Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 

I see “the day of the Lord” as the great and terrible day of the Lord.

And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

If you will notice Jesus compared His second coming like a thief…

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.”

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

Paul speaks of the day of the Lord as a thief in the night…

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Peter speaks of the same event…

But “the day of the Lord”will come as a “thief in the night;”in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

Repeated again by Jesus before His second coming…

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

So I believe all this testimony above is speaking of the same event, which is the second coming of Christ.

Edited by Stewardofthemystery

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

During the thousand year reign of Christ the earth is to be repopulated by those who are left.

We know this because after the thousand year reign Satan is once again loosed “to deceive the nations,”and gather them to battle against the saints. The number of which is shown in Revelation 20:8 as "the sand of the sea" in number. 

So Yes, there will be some people left on earth after the cleansing by fire. We know this by the words of God; just as Jesus said except those days are shortened "no flesh" would survive. 

We are told in 2 Peter 3:7-13 “But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

The Lord said He would make man rare in number on earth, like the finest of gold. And He also said a "few men" shall be left.

Isaiah 24:6
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and "few men" left.

Notice people will still be "sinning and dying" after the new heavens and the new earth....

Isaiah 65:17-25 “For, behold, I create "new heavens and a new earth": and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child "shall die"an hundred years old; but "the sinner"being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of 
a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord."

Many believe the above verses from Isaiah are speaking of after the millennial reign of Christ on earth because it speaks of new heavens and a new earth.

But notice in verse 20 above there are people who are still "dying and sinning". This cannot be the saints who are of the "first resurrection" because we are told the second death has no power over them.(Rev. 20:6)

Also, if people are still "dying" it means the last enemy (which is death) has not been destroyed yet, as shown here....

1 Corinthians 15:26
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

So we can only conclude that the passages above from Isaiah 65 are during the millennial reign of Christ on earth. We also see prior to death being destroyed Satan is loosed again and goes out and deceives "the nations"....

Revelation 20:7-8 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to "deceive the nations" which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."(the battle of Gog and Magog Ezk. 38-39)

These revived nations are shown here in Daniel 7:12 "As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for "a season and a time".(= a thousand years)

In order for there to be "nations" as the number of the sand of the sea, there has to be those who are of "the flesh" that survive the cleansing of fire mentioned by Peter.

And these survivors are the ones who can still sin and die during the millennial reign of Christ on earth. These survivors are also the ones who will repopulate the earth during this time.
And they are the ones who will be "deceived" when Satan is let loose after the thousand years. So you will have mortals and immortals on the earth at the same time.

It all makes perfect sense when you put all the pieces together.

Peace and God bless.

The woman of Revelation 12 Will run to the Wilderness for 1260 days and they will repopulate the earth. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/227900-woman-of-revelation-12/