• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,417
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

But you are saying the earth is not burned up until “after”the thousand year reign of Christ.

No, I'm not saying that. Rev 20-21:1 says that.  I simply repeat what the Bible says.

2 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

That is not what Peter says.  Notice Peter refers to this event as “the day of the Lord” and the Lord coming “as a thief in the night”.

But “the day of the Lord”will come as a “thief in the night;”in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”
Paul is speaking of the same event which happens “before” the thousand year reign of Christ.
For yourselves know perfectly that “the day of the Lord”so cometh as a thief in the night.

If you are trying to make the Bible contradict itself, you are on your own.  I will not be a part of that.  Just read all of Rev 20 and then 21:1, and then get back to me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

No, I'm not saying that. Rev 20-21:1 says that.  I simply repeat what the Bible says.

If you are trying to make the Bible contradict itself, you are on your own.  I will not be a part of that.  Just read all of Rev 20 and then 21:1, and then get back to me.

No, it does not say “the earth is burned up”in Revelation 20 or 21.  It says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, nothing about the earth being burned up.

This present world like Peter said is determined to be burned up, which is spoken of several times in scripture.

For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

Isaiah 34:1-9

King James Version

34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.

2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. (6th seal signs)

5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

8 For it is “the day of the Lord's vengeance,” and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. (The day of the Lord as Peter said)

9 And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.”

Same as Peter described…

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of “the day of God,”wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Prove all things by the words of God.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,417
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:
FreeGrace said: 

No, it does not say “the earth is burned up”in Revelation 20 or 21.  It says there will be a new heaven and a new earth, nothing about the earth being burned up.

I never said 'the earth will be burned up".  I proved that it will be before the new earth and after the GWT judgment.

4 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

This present world like Peter said is determined to be burned up, which is spoken of several times in scripture.

Let's take a look at the full context in 2 Peter 3 which proves my point.

By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 
12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
v.7 says plainly that the "heavens and earth are reserved FOR FIRE" which will be "for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly", which is CLEARLY the GWT judgment in Rev 20:11-15.  This alone proves my point.
v.12 repeats v.7's point about the destruction by fire which is at/after the GWT.
v.13 then concludes with the "new heavens and new earth" which is Rev 21:1.

I am stating nothing beyond what the Scriptures say.  Acts 17:11
The burning up of the elements will be after the GWT judgment, not when Jesus comes back at the Second Advent.

btw, why do you deny that there will be a 1,000 reign on earth by King Jesus at the Second Advent?

Edited by FreeGrace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I proved that it will be before the new earth and after the GWT judgment.

By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 
12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
v.7 says plainly that the "heavens and earth are reserved FOR FIRE" which will be "for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly", which is CLEARLY the GWT judgment in Rev 20:11-15.  This alone proves my point.
v.12 repeats v.7's point about the destruction by fire which is at/after the GWT.

The burning up of the elements will be after the GWT judgment, not when Jesus comes back at the Second Advent.

btw, why do you deny that there will be a 1,000 reign on earth by King Jesus at the Second Advent?

4 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I proved that it will be before the new earth and after the GWT judgment.

Believe what you will.  But The destruction of this present evil world by fire will happen BEFORE the thousand year reign of Christ, and BEFORE the White throne judgment.

All the scriptures I quoted has to do with the Lord coming like “a thief in the night”at the great and terrible “day of the Lord.” Peter was quoting from Isaiah 34:1-9 which proves what I am saying is true.

The saints of God are not going to inherit this corrupted and defiled world as is, it is determined to be cleansed by fire.

There is not going to be any more planes , trains, or automobiles.  No more internet, or skyscrapers, or concrete jungles, they shall all go into the great melting pot.

God will purge and cleanse this earth with fervent heat. And it will be restored and renewed in pristine condition BEFORE the saints will return from the wedding supper of the Lamb in heaven.

Then shall the saints return and reign on earth with Christ for a thousand years.

They shall tread upon “the ashes of the wicked”as is also written, AFTER this world is cleansed by fire.

Malachi 4:1-3

King James Version

4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.”

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Psalm 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1 Corinthians 15:

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power

25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 

27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted

28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all, in all.

The Lord remains at the right hand of power, the throne of majesty, until all the enemies of God are removed, including and especially death, which will not occur until after the Millennium. The Lord reigns from heaven through His Body until all his enemies are His footstool. The Father and the Son come to a cleansed earth together at the end of the age. During the Millennium, all the nations of the earth will be under the Law.  Satan is bound, and mankind will be held accountable for the sin nature by the Law, after which he is loosened, and leads a final rebellion. This is foreshadowed by the reign of Solomon. In spite of the greatest prosperity a people have ever known, as soon as he died, the people rebelled, claiming his reign was too rigid.  Those who experience the first resurrection will reign over the nations with a rod of iron. Immorality will not be tolerated. Adulterers will be put to death, for example. Satan will have no difficulty leading sinners in rebellion against a righteous rule. Then comes the end. There will be no rule, authority or power, just God all, in all.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

23 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

PS,

There is a warning about anyone who worships the beast or it's image or recieves it's mark in revelation and I'm sure that warning is for everyone ,jew,Christian,Muslim.

Everyone.

Revelation 14:9-11

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,

And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

I don't see any repentance in that warning.

You don't see any repentance in that warning because it is a warning to those who refuse to repent.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Last Daze said:

You don't see any repentance in that warning because it is a warning to those who refuse to repent.  

That's correct,I don't believe they do.

Revelation 9

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

That's correct,I don't believe they do.

Revelation 9

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Yes, there is a point in the progression of the seven plagues where people refuse to repent, however, that point is not reached until late in that progression. 

What's the purpose of mentioning that people didn't repent if its a foregone conclusion that they couldn't repent?  Why mention repenting at all if it weren't a desired outcome?  Idolatry is a forgivable sin.

The plagues are judgments designed to reveal to the deceived that the man of sin is a fraud.  Some see it and repent, others don't.  Those who stay repented until Jesus returns on the 1335th day are blessed and inherit the earth and repopulate it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Yes, there is a point in the progression of the seven plagues where people refuse to repent, however, that point is not reached until late in that progression. 

What's the purpose of mentioning that people didn't repent if its a foregone conclusion that they couldn't repent?  Why mention repenting at all if it weren't a desired outcome?  Idolatry is a forgivable sin.

The plagues are judgments designed to reveal to the deceived that the man of sin is a fraud.  Some see it and repent, others don't.  Those who stay repented until Jesus returns on the 1335th day are blessed and inherit the earth and repopulate it.

It has nothing to do with the man of sin.

Those who worship the beast and its image and recieve it's mark worship the beast,not the man of sin.

If you worshiped the beast,you would not see a reason to repent.Its simply something that is loved and adored by those who worship it.

The man of sin just gives the beast a host which will practice the authority of the beast on its behalf.I haven't seen where anyone worships the man of sin other than maybe himself.

The people who know God reject him from the very time he sets foot in Israel.

Daniel 11:32

He will flatter and win over those who have violated the covenant. But the people who know their God will be strong and will resist him.

I see where many are cleansed during the next 42 months but I don't see anywhere in scripture that anyone receiving the mark of the beast repents for it.