So is generation Z warmer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

All the Luke warmness started in the Garden , but as for boomers it started with the woman leaving the household and hire a baby sitter. The family broke apart and it has now become even worse. People do not stay married kids raised on the internet, fatherless families. That's my take on it course we also left our first love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

Every generation has its idol(s).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/3/2023 at 10:11 PM, backontrack said:

All the Luke warmness started in the Garden , but as for boomers it started with the woman leaving the household and hire a baby sitter. The family broke apart and it has now become even worse. People do not stay married kids raised on the internet, fatherless families. That's my take on it course we also left our first love.

So it's a woman's fault all the time - all the time it's a woman's fault.  I get so tired of women being blamed for all the sins  of the world.

My mother [born 1941] worked both inside and outside the home and  was a blessed keeper of our home.  My father enouraged her.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

So it's a woman's fault all the time - all the time it's a woman's fault.  I get so tired of women being blamed for all the sins  of the world.

My mother [born 1941] worked both inside and outside the home and  was a blessed keeper of our home.  My father enouraged her.

So sorry you fill this way remember Adam sinned in the Garden to so it is a mutual thing. 

I grew up in a family where mom stayed home yet after 39 years my dad left her, why it's hard to explain. One thing I know the internet is now raising kids these days and it is so sad. 

9 hours ago, Slibhin said:

How nice for you that you have an income that can support a family by itself. How unfortunate it is you seem to think everyone else does also.

Wow one thing I know kids are a mess right now and it's because the family is a mess. we seem to think we need 2 or 3 cars, 50 pairs of shoes, 40 dresses and men's pants shirts, a house so big, pool, go on extravagant vacations, eat out every day, then their is star bucks $5.00 coffee, oh can't pass up a convince store, pop snack, grab a pop at walmart check out candy grab something, yeah we have a spending problem.

1 minute ago, backontrack said:

Wow one thing I know kids are a mess right now and it's because the family is a mess. we seem to think we need 2 or 3 cars, 50 pairs of shoes, 40 dresses and men's pants shirts, a house so big, pool, go on extravagant vacations, eat out every day, then their is star bucks $5.00 coffee, oh can't pass up a convince store, pop snack, grab a pop at walmart check out candy grab something, yeah we have a spending problem.

Oh heck I almost forgot 4 cell phones yeah we all have to have them to 90 100 bucks a month or more, yep we need it all even when we do not have the funds oh heck we have a credit card, 25% interest if we do not pay it off every month. Yep we have a spending problem.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

10 hours ago, Slibhin said:

How nice for you that you have an income that can support a family by itself. How unfortunate it is you seem to think everyone else does also.

Lowering an income standard is not the end of the world.

My wife desired to be a full time mom at home. She quit work when with our first child. We also years later pulled our  kids out of the government run public school early on to home school them, more work, and it was scary.

I was and still am a carpenter/cabinet maker. Blue collar level work, one man shop. Those were some mean lean years for quite a while, yet God supplied all our needs. No new car/truck, years in a used mobile home (trailer trash) before building a home, shopping at family thrift and the flea market etc. We never regretted lowering our lifestyle level or really considered it, when observing  the two income family woes and problems we observed from friends. Hectic pace, always in a hurry.

A home schooling family has a lot of liberty, as I was self employed with flexible hours, and we spent many days in the camper traveling around and camping out. A lot of healthy fun family stuff. And cheap! Memories. We were not confined to/by the state/federal constraints even though home schooling was illegal when we started.

All the kids went on to college, two on the deans list, and are now successful in their own businesses.
They also home school their kids, and mom's raising their kids full time at home.

C.S. Lewis said about moms,
“Children are not a distraction from more important work. 
        They are the most important work.”

We're old ( Boomers) raised by parents and grand parents who went through the Great Depression and have not conformed to the current trends/needs.
  Lucrative job and lots a money really  isn't the answer to all of life's needs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 hours ago, Slibhin said:

If you think living in abject poverty and unable to pay for healthcare or eat decent food is "lowering of income standards/not the end of the world", then there's no reasonable discussion to be had.

Might wanna get some reading glasses, Slibhin.   
        I'm the richest man I know.......:)

We love ya Slibhin...

"Teach me, Father, when I pray,
Not to ask for more,
But rather let me give my thanks
for what is at my door.
For food and drink, for gentle rain,
for sunny skies above,
for home and friends, for peace and joy,

But most of all for Love."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

21 hours ago, Slibhin said:

One worker families supported themselves for a long time. Prices for goods and services were comparatively low. Once there were two workers in the household, everything skyrocketed.

Edited by Rick-Parker