IGNORED

Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Ethics of Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Is it more Painful than Tattoos, And is it something a Christian at heart should Prayerfully Consider ? ? ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, farouk said:

I guess you mean that your dw does not have a tattoo of any size or description.

Today it's become like getting an extra pair or two of ear piercings.

It is all subjective. Who can judge the standards of another. We can only speak of what is beholden to our own eyes. Modes of attractiveness always change with the times. To me a modest appearance with the inner-self spangled with jewelry makes my heart joyful to witness them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,633
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

32 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

It is all subjective. Who can judge the standards of another. We can only speak of what is beholden to our own eyes. Modes of attractiveness always change with the times. To me a modest appearance with the inner-self spangled with jewelry makes my heart joyful to witness them.

@Scott Free

A lot of Christians feel that tattooing can remain within the bounds of grace and modesty.

Scarlett O. said:

"I am not a prude. I am not opposed to pierced ears or conservative make up or even (*gasp*) a small, inoffensive tatoo. ...I do have three earrings in each ear. .. So where is the line that crosses from self-expression to self-mutilation?
As for tatoos, I like them.  .. there is a difference in having a small tatoo or even two or three .. and making a canvas out of your entire arms, back, face, chest, and legs. ..
So, again, where is the line drawn between self-expression and self-mutilation?"

baptistboard dot com

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg.f34cf2e90ac7640ff7318600d757f87d.jpg

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg.a7dd0fe569c327afdbf73756a952202e.jpg

2 minutes ago, farouk said:

A lot of Christians feel that tattooing can remain within the bounds of grace and modesty.

Tattoos are acceptable under Christianity. That restriction was under Torah Law. If someone tries to say otherwise, how about the other 612 laws? Are they going to enforce those to? If so, they are no longer being saved by grace. That is a personal preference. Validation of a stranger should have no meaning to your personal business.

5 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Tattoos are acceptable under Christianity. That restriction was under Torah Law. If someone tries to say otherwise, how about the other 612 laws? Are they going to enforce those to? If so, they are no longer being saved by grace. That is a personal preference. Validation of a stranger should have no meaning to your personal business.

@Scott Free One can only conclude that the ladies with faith based designs in the above photos would have found it a joyous experience to go into the tattoo parlor and emerge radiating wholesomeness and modesty as inked up adults.

(Hard for anyone to argue otherwise.)

• Loved it! 1

On 1/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, Scott Free said:

Everything speaks.

@Scott Free

Including to what's wholesome.

In the 1970s, it might have been regarded as slightly edgy when teen girls - and their moms - received their double/triple ear piercings. But it rapidly became mainstream. (Your dw would doubtless confirm this.)

The same also with tasteful faith-based ink ups.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

Shalom, Scott Free.

All I know is that the early church identified by the rite of immersion (baptism). They didn't make such markings in the flesh. Instead, they bore the marks of lashes, beatings, and even crucifixions and beheadings. The marks of the martyrs.

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

All I know is that the early church identified by the rite of immersion (baptism). They didn't make such markings in the flesh. Instead, they bore the marks of lashes, beatings, and even crucifixions and beheadings. The marks of the martyrs.

This is not an issue of faith unto salvation. They are people with their own needs and concerns growing up in a different environment than you. It is not good to dismiss the concerns of others with legalism or invalidate their personal experiences.

Edited by Scott Free

22 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

This is not an issue of faith unto salvation. They are people with their own needs and concerns growing up in a different environment than you. It is not good to dismiss the concerns of others with legalism or invalidate their personal experiences.

@Scott Free Some ppl feel they are un-tattooed on principle.

Others who are tattooed feel they are avoiding legalism:

Christophany said:

once upon a time I was legalistic with tatoo's, piercing etc..... not anymore ... I do not condemn others who think differently since it has nothing to do with ones salvation.

Heavenhome said:

My dear Dad had two tattoos but that was from his navy days.
I have noticed however that lots of young girls have them and what is really noticeable is a huge amount are women say around their sixties .

christianforums dot com

It's not just a young person's thing; huge numbers of mature ppl seem to relish the experience that a tattoo parlor offers. (Not least, when the design is faith based.)

20 minutes ago, farouk said:

Some ppl feel they are un-tattooed on principle.

Others who are tattooed feel they are avoiding legalism

It is a concern that such displays will be seen as a substitute for real transformation of the inner-self. But, if someone is already renewed and simply wishes to display their faith for everyone to see, this hardly falls under the superficiality of legalism.

Hi @debrakay I think you indicated that in your family it's at 18 that a number have gotten tattooed.

It's become a coming of age thing these days, hasn't it?

(Not unusually the older generation - when their 18 year olds get specifically faith based tattoo deigns done - are rather pleased....)