• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Simply put:

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh in Hebrew is the statement of existing because of existing personalized 

I exist because I exist which defines God as the eternal being.

Especially in ancient times a person's name was descriptive of them or of how they were perceived.

This is my name forever to all generations.

YAH is the shortend version (I AM) and is the first part of Jesus' Hebrew name which translates

YAH is salvation.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

We also read in many passages in the Tanakh / Old Testament where the LORD (YHVH)

says "then they will know I AM YHVH (the LORD)." 

The only thing that can make logical sense of this is... the people did not know the LORD YHVH

as well as they thought.

Ezekiel 36:22–29 (KJV)
22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Fits hand in glove with:

Jeremiah 31:31–34 (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Yeshua Jesus, or more fully Yehoshua (YHVH SAVES).

How else could the heathen (Gentiles) know YHVH in a way that the Jewish people do not?

They refuse to believe Jesus is the Messiah God the LORD incarnate. But the Gentile believers know and are saved by his knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

ExExodus 3:1-11 copy and paste KJV in English. And in some other language as they translate the "Lord" in their own language. 

This is the narative about someone who wrote this about Moses. Verse 1 begins with "Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law.. ... ... if Moses had written this passage he would have begun with. I Moses kept the flock of Jethro my father in law.. ...and instead of "and he led the flock ...he would have written "and I led the flock...

And in verse four the narrator said: "And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see God called unto him.. ...

And in verse 7 "And the Lord said: I have surely seen the affliction of my people..

1. Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Lord God, was the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the God of the sons of Jacob that's what He was. While in the Covenant of Sinai with the Israelites he told them about some wonderful things he plan to do but the people had to wait for the promised New Covenant that will include people from all the Nations of the world. The Lord did say that he will the one to be the Lord of the New Covenant. A Covenant with a new system a system that he improvise and will include or invite people to be part with from all the Nations of the world. The Nation of Israel was also included together with all the other nations of the word in the proposed New covenant. God will have a New Nation from people from all the Nations of the world. The eligibility to be part of this new Nation had  nothing in common with the eligibility that was a prerequisite to belong in the Sinai Covenant and be part of the Nation of God as in the Old Testament. Their Lord God and that what he was at that time had big plans for himself to be the Lord God of the New Covenant of all people of the world if they wanted to but He knew that cannot happen till the apointed time when He will leave everything he was doing as the Lord God in the Old Covenants and by the miracle as it is described in the prophetic scriptures and the Gospel of Luke be born in Bethleem. 

"Joshua the son of Navy". 

"Joshua the son of God". 

They both shared the same Hebrew name Joshua which in Greek is  "Hesous", and in English is "Jesus". 

Joshua (or Hesous in Greek, and or Jesus in English). Joshua the son of Navy led the Israelites into the promised land the land of Canaan and Joshua or Hesous or Jesus the son of God open the way for the people of the world into the promised Heavenly Inheritance. 

The Heavenly Father had proposed to himself before the foundation of the world that he will have children sanctified  and justified by the blood of the Slain Lamb of God. 

And that what Jesus said to Nicodemus to established himself that he is the promised Lamb of God to be Slain when he told him that when you see me hanging on the Cross in the same way when the people saw the Bronze Serpent Moses had lifted up in the dessert then all the promises of God made regarding the New Covenant will be fulfilled. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 10/27/2023 at 12:14 AM, Michael37 said:

As you must know, surely, Judaism includes rabbinic traditions not contained in the Torah.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/babylonian-talmud-full-text

https://halakhah.com/

https://sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm

poke around at any of the online copies of the Talmud to see some of the silly things, laws, rules in them.   It is not favorible to Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 10/28/2023 at 4:40 AM, kwikphilly said:

I've had so many discussions about this very Topic,,especially with JWs who ,imo are quite ignorant in Bible Study-I can't really understand how anyone does not have any desire to seek God,Intimately,Personally ..I suppose the hardening of the heart is the reason because of strong delusion

God Revealed Himself Personally to Moses,Moses as we can see was a foreshadow of our Jesus..... the Mediator,showing God's Called out ones the Way

So what Does God Mean by telling Moses to tell the people " I Am thst I Am" when they ask " what is His Name?@John explained very early on what that means and he went into the transliterations such as " Alpha & Omega" ...also we should get into YHVH to explain why the ancient Hebrews inscribed this Tetragrammation ( much like we see folks write G_d   )

Anyone like to reply ? We know what IT means ( I Am) but who would like to answer God's Purpose for the Answer He Gave Moses

With love in Christ,Kwik

@JohnD @Mr. M

@Michael37

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1515709

Here is how Ex 3:14 was translated by the Jewish LXX (about 200 BC) translators:

καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν λέγων· ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν. καὶ εἶπεν· οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς ᾿Ισραήλ· ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς. = And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

Here is how Jerome translated (400 AD) translated Gen 3:14 -

Dixit Deus ad Moysen : Ego sum qui sum. Ait : Sic dices filiis Israël : Qui est, misit me ad vos. = God said to Moses, "I am who I am." He said: Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel: He that is, sent me to you.

The complete Jewish Bible (David H Stern) translate the operative phrase as:

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh [I am/will be what I am/will be].

Most modern versions in English render this phrase as:

I am who I am

IMHO - this name simply says that God exists by His own power and He is who He is and no further explanation is required because none can be given. As Gen 1;1 asserts, "In the beginning, God ...". That is enough.

https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/71516/how-should-the-hebrew-ehyeh-asher-ehyeh-in-exodus-314-be-translated-in-englis

"This Hebrew term is more accurately translated as, “I exist {present tense} as what I AM, and what I have always existed as {in the past tense}, and what I will continue to exist as {in the future}.”"

https://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Parashah/Summaries/Shemot/Ehyeh/ehyeh.html

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 10/29/2023 at 3:59 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

ExExodus 3:1-11 copy and paste KJV in English. And in some other language as they translate the "Lord" in their own language. 

This is the narative about someone who wrote this about Moses. Verse 1 begins with "Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law.. ... ... if Moses had written this passage he would have begun with. I Moses kept the flock of Jethro my father in law.. ...and instead of "and he led the flock ...he would have written "and I led the flock...

And in verse four the narrator said: "And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see God called unto him.. ...

And in verse 7 "And the Lord said: I have surely seen the affliction of my people..

1. Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the 

Do some research and find out who Moses married, despite Moses telling the people not to marry people of other nations. Neither should we forget they called the idols they worshipped 'LORD.'

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Truswell said:

Do some research and find out who Moses married, despite Moses telling the people not to marry people of other nations. Neither should we forget they called the idols they worshipped 'LORD.'

Moses married twice the first wife was from the family who welcomed him when he was wondering from the dessert. And he had two sons with her. 

The second wife was not an Israeli woman...none of his wives were Israeli. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

17 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Moses married twice the first wife was from the family who welcomed him when he was wondering from the dessert. And he had two sons with her. 

The second wife was not an Israeli woman...none of his wives were Israeli. 

Which wife was the daughter of a Canaanite priest?