has God forgotten me?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i use to be very spiritually uplifted, but lately ive been less enthusiastic about God, church, and the bible

now all of a sudden everything i can possibly think of is going wrong. people tell me to forget about your troubles, but to count your blessings. at this rate, i dont think ill have that many blessings left to count

has God forgotten me? i dont feel him very strongly in my life anymore and i feel that ive failed miserably in life that he wouldnt accept me his child

- Lnk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Lnkn,

The thoughts of the Lord towards you are Good.

Jer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We all go through dry spells. The secret is to just keep going and take it one day at a time. Remember God does not change.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

Dry spells are our time to grow. They feel bad, they hurt, we feel alone, but it is our time to do the right thing because it is the right thing, not because of how we feel.

Every bad time I have ever had has either been because of something I have done to distance myself from God, or because there was something I had to learn. Look at the Psalms. Some of God's greatest warriors went through some of the hardest times. I think it was because they were going to need to be so strong down the road so He trained them up early with smaller trials. That's just my theory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

You seem to be saying: "I walked away from the Lord, now I feel terrible."

This should be an indication of the direction you want to walk next......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

Some things from my past of walking away from Him are catching up to me now and I've felt terrible too, feeling like I am unworty of being God's child. The only thing that has kept me going was God telling my husband not to do something that he was doing that was hurting me and my husband telling me that God told Him to stop doing that.

I never said anything to my husband and there is no way he could know this litle thing was hurting me.

I chose to forgive and forget that morning he said that for real and then that night my hubby was about to do it again and then that was when he said God told him not to.

I know He sent me that so I would know He has not forgotten me and I know too that if you only look you'll find all sorts of ways He has been speaking to you that you have been overlooking.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

We all go through seasons.

But no, God has most certainly not left you or forsaken you. He never will. When we feel like that, we find its us who is being distant, for whatever reason, and when we realise, God is right there waiting, so so so glad and happy that your back.

Get right into the bible and back to your first love. Jesus. Get deeper into the word and pray even when you dont feel like it. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. says so in the word.

i use to be very spiritually uplifted, but lately ive been less enthusiastic about God, church, and the bible

now all of a sudden everything i can possibly think of is going wrong. people tell me to forget about your troubles, but to count your blessings. at this rate, i dont think ill have that many blessings left to count

has God forgotten me? i dont feel him very strongly in my life anymore and i feel that ive failed miserably in life that he wouldnt accept me his child

- Lnk

I would like to answer you:

- Lnk

I would like to answer you:

Most people make this very big mistake: they trust their feelings. In our relationship with God, we cannot rely on feelings, because one day you feel good, the other day you FEEL bad. It's not about feelings, but about faith. It's like a train - it can't go forward without an engine. Faith is the engine, feeling is one of the less important parts of the train.

Next thing: They way we think and the way we talk have an influence on the way we feel. If you FEEL bad, start talking positively. Think about the truth of the Bible, because the truth will set you free.

Would like to tell you more if you're interested.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

Lnk, do not rely on your feelings but on the promises of God. In life, there is a purpose for everything, and God's purpose for us is the best. Trust Him in all circumstances.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.