• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

https://m.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-Chapter-2/

Genesis 2:12 and the gold in that land is good.

Who taught mankind to mine that gold ? Fallen angels ?

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe011.htm

Please explain Biblically to avoid global deception that men were created to mine gold.

God bless.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  0

Gen 4: 22

And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

no sure but someone taught Tubalcain

8 hours ago, NConly said:

And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

People need metal tools to mine Brass, iron or gold etc. How did they make it. 

Which school did Tubal learn metallurgy ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

In the earlier days, tools were not needed to "mine" gold or silver, you just picked it up off the ground.  Actually you still can if you want to spend time prospecting along river banks and "panning" for it, some people do this as a hobby others to look for indicators of a deposit somewhere upstream).

Brass is not mined, it is an alloy of copper and zinc.

Copper and zinc were once readily available in surface deposits, both of which were used to make early metal tools either by themselves or mixed together as an alloy. 

Copper and tin -also readily available in surface deposits, make bronze which makes very much improved tools with much higher strength and led to the Bronze Age (bronze is still widely used in various machine parts).

Smelting iron ore developed as a result of smelting techniques used for copper tin and zinc and brought on the Iron Age which rapidly led to the development of steel and finally all other metals.

So the next time you find yourself driving along in a car, remember to have respect for some early primitive guy that picked up a shiny piece of gold colored stuff and thought "Gee, I wonder if my girlfriend would like that", he's the one that started it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FJK said:

In the earlier days, tools were not needed to "mine" gold or silver, you just picked it up off the ground.  Actually you still can if you want to spend time prospecting along river banks and "panning" for it, some people do this as a hobby others to look for indicators of a deposit somewhere upstream).

Copper and zinc were once readily available in surface deposits, both of which were used to make early metal tools either by themselves or mixed together as an alloy. 

Copper and tin -also readily available in surface deposits, make bronze which makes very much improved tools with much higher strength and led to the Bronze Age (bronze is still widely used in various machine parts).

Smelting iron ore developed as a result of smelting techniques used for copper tin and zinc and brought on the Iron Age which rapidly led to the development of steel and finally all other metals.

So the next time you find yourself driving along in a car, remember to have respect for some early primitive guy that picked up a shiny piece of gold colored stuff and thought "Gee, I wonder if my girlfriend would like that", he's the one that started it all.

Can you make anything without tools ? 

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

3 hours ago, FJK said:

Good answer.

Placer mining is still very prevalent in many parts of the world, particularly Africa. Gold, tin and cobalt is still commonly "mined" this way. Diamonds and other gemstones are also still found this way, although all these can also be found in primary sources as well.

Primary or lode mining would have focused on visible gold and very rich ores that could be processed by basic smelting techniques.

For the most part, the copper we mine now were never in the reach of the ancients. Most modern open-pit copper deposits will grade about 0.5% per tonne of rock and requires special chemical processes to extract the copper from the sulphide ores. 

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

People need metal tools to mine Brass, iron or gold etc. How did they make it. 

Which school did Tubal learn metallurgy ?

Trial and Error. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

11 hours ago, NConly said:

@NConly Interesting verse.

(I don't understand the OP, though.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Interesting verse.

(I don't understand the OP, though.)

well I not sure the answer will come. Now in book of Jasher I think it covered some of the topic. which named different fallen angels that taught things like this and healing from roots if my memory is still working right.

14 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Please explain Biblically to avoid global deception that men were created to mine gold.

Can you clarify this point? Who or what says men were created to mine gold?