• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I'm so grateful to God and thanked him many times.

Thanks for sharing. It's good to see how God protects us.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

God works that way.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Might look up the Youtube version of the following as part of the praise:

You've Already Won (Live) | Shane & Shane    The 6 minute 54 seconds version.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

God works that way.

Yes. God is awesome. I'm thankful for his foresight and provision.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Good management can spot a toxic employee a mile away, and when things get rough will often let them go first, even if they're higher producers.

The reason behind this, at least in my experience is your high producers only make up maybe 10-25% of the companies work force with the majority of people who are reliable, steady, but not necessarily fast.

Now companies love high producers, but the problem is if one of those high producers are toxic, they will chase off a lot of employees, especially the slower steady ones who are just there for a job. And then all you have is the high producers, but they can't handle the load of the 75% of the workload from the people they chased off. So it's often better to lose one or two high producers then risk losing their entire workforce.

The other possibility, is the company is having financial issues and are getting rid of the high paid employees first to save money. In which case, keeping your eyes open for another job is still good advice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

It's good to hear from you, @Figure of eighty

I found myself in those circumstances many times over the years, even where I work now. When I was young in the faith I was hot-headed, rash, and inclined to pursue vengeance against anyone who sought to harm me. Because of this insufferable immaturity and lack of vision, the Lord was faithful to test me so I would learn why He teaches us to walk blameless in this world. 

This is one way to know that we are His children: the Lord tests us. He doesn't test us so we might pass or fail; He tests us so we might be refined as silver is refined and gold is purified. These lessons are how Christ teaches us to walk blamelessly upon this earth. 

Seeing as how we are not perfect (none of us are), it pleases the Lord that we overcome all manner of adversity --- especially this flesh! --- while we walk with His Spirit in this world. It's not a matter of never becoming angry, upset, hurt, or ashamed... it's all about overcoming anger, trespass, injury, and shame. When this is understood (it took the same lesson thrust upon me over and again), we grasp what it means to walk blamelessly in the sight of God.

It's not that we were angry but rather, what did we do with that anger? Overcome it! Let the worst wash over us and continue pressing on as keepers and doers of His living word. 

There came a time when I was accused, but I remained silent and said nothing. I was maligned, but I continued doing good. When those around me do evil I pay them no mind and do what is right. No matter where we work, labor as if our employer is the Lord Himself. We do our best, knowing that our best is what our God and Savior expects of us. 

This doesn't mean we'll always succeed, my friend. I'll close with this: we succeed when we try. If we don't try at all, then we have not succeeded. This is what God esteems highly. Try and keep pressing on! :)