• Days Won:  0

on another question it was ask if you would smoke in front of Jesus

well let me ask

would you read the books you read

watch the tv programs you watch

listen to the music you listen to

go to the movies you go to

talk to your wife hubby or kids the way you do

drink wine or beer (I do not beleive it is wrong to drink but wrong to get drunk thats is what the bible says ) no I do not drink wine or beer not even coffee my vice in Big Red a soft drink

wath tv for hours instead of getting into the Word

or 100's of other things if Jesus were with you????

or would you change how you live, do things, see things, partisipate in things if Jesus were with you all the time

Well Guess what HE IS WITH YOU ALL THE TIME in the form of the Holy Spirit

so what is the difference wether you can see Him or not He is there and how you live your life the things you say and do are done in front of the Holy Spirit

all things hidden will be made known

I think we get complascent because we can not see the Holy Spirit

we get lax because the human part of is says no one will know if I read a racy book or watch a movie that is not quite family rated or if I yell at my wife hubby or kids becuase I have had a bad day. etc

OK maybe I am wrong about all this

I don't know just my thinking when some one says would you if Jesus were here!!!!!

:blink:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well Guess what HE IS WITH YOU ALL THE TIME in the form of the Holy Spirit

Amen

Isa 29

15 Woe to those who seek deep to hide their counsel far from the Lord, And their works are in the dark; They say, "Who sees us?" and, "Who knows us?"

Denise

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Great thoughts, IreneM. Let's add to it. If Jesus were to knock on your door, would you be embarassed to let him in because your house is so messy? Or would he find some unsavory things there? I like that book that asked the question: What would Jesus do? It's called 'In His Steps.' It makes you think about your everyday activities and helps you to make decisions in a way that would honor Jesus.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

Good point, its why we should constantly remind ourselves that we pray for Him to guide us, so we should accept the guidance when He grants it upon us and do what our conscience is telling us.

Sometimes I struggle with this though. There are times when you are worn out and all you want to do is sit in a chair and listen to some music and chill out, but this time could be spent better, and even though you know it could, you just havent got it in you to do anything about it. Its not as if you are sinning, but this is wasted time. I read the Bible daily, but sometimes feel I should read it more and cut back on things which are of this world and not of God ie. watching tv, listening to music etc. Even if those things I watch or listen to are not unsavoury or wicked, I still could spend this time getting to know the Word better or praying.

Just something weighs on me at times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

If Jesus were to knock on your door, would you be embarassed to let him in because your house is so messy?

i would hope he wouldnt mind! :wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  111
  • Birthday:  02/02/1953

Really good points here.

And what would Jesus do after He came into your house, or saw you smoking etc. etc.?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I listen to music I play games on the puter to help me deal with my pain that is 24/7

I to am guilty of not spending more time in the Word but I know that the Lord knows my heart and He knows that we all need to chill out as it were lol and that yes some times we do do things that are not in our best interest but we can take it all to HIM and let Him work it out with us

If Jesus came to my house He would be welcome and I do not think he would say a thing if there were a dirty dish in the sink or a bath towel not washed (for the most part our house is clean)

My book shelf is not hidden so He could look at all the books I read

My tv is on the news for the most part so I don't thnk I would be faluted there

as for my playing games I beleive He would even understand that dealing with this pain that He does not remove but I know it keeps me closer to HIM

I have a mouth that I am ashamed of at times and YES He is dealing with it in me and I know that it is something I am ashamed of , but I also know that my mouth will not keep me out of heaven

neither will smoking

drinking

watching tv

listening to music

etc

I guess we all just need to remember that we are not in the world Alone we have an advocate with us 24/7 and He is our strenght our hope and our guide

What we do in secret is not secret after all

In His Steps is a wonderful book have read it at least a dozen times

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  111
  • Birthday:  02/02/1953

I listen to music I play games on the puter to help me deal with my pain that is 24/7

I to am guilty of not spending more time in the Word but I know that the Lord knows my heart and He knows that we all need to chill out as it were lol and that yes some times we do do things that are not in our best interest but we can take it all to HIM and let Him work it out with us

If Jesus came to my house He would be welcome and I do not think he would say a thing if there were a dirty dish in the sink or a bath towel not washed (for the most part our house is clean)

My book shelf is not hidden so He could look at all the books I read

My tv is on the news for the most part so I don't thnk I would be faluted there

as for my playing games I beleive He would even understand that dealing with this pain that He does not remove but I know it keeps me closer to HIM

I have a mouth that I am ashamed of at times and YES He is dealing with it in me and I know that it is something I am ashamed of , but I also know that my mouth will not keep me out of heaven

neither will smoking

drinking

watching tv

listening to music

etc

I guess we all just need to remember that we are not in the world Alone we have an advocate with us 24/7 and He is our strenght our hope and our guide

What we do in secret is not secret after all

In His Steps is a wonderful book have read it at least a dozen times

In Christ

IreneM

:wub: amen sister Irene

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

He is in my house. All the time. :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

I think Christ would be more concerned as to why the doors are locked on our churches. With over 200 million christians in this country, there should be no hunger, no homeless families. The poor of this country shouldn't have to depend on the government for their wellbeing.

Christ said we were to take care of these people but we don't. We turn our backs on the Godless when they be the focus of our walk. FEMA, the Red Cross, The United Way, and every other charitable org. shouldn't have to take care of these people. That's our job. That's what Christ told us to do.

I think we as christians like to puff ourselves and find fault in others. We like to point fingers and judge. I'm as guilty of this as the next man. We forget that He's always there. Listening...recording.

Would I let Him in my house?

I don't have a choice.