Big Boy Stan Murf

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.69
  • Days Won:  0

Well if you want to do sinful things.... you are without excuse before the Lord and in doing sin you are no longer in right standing in the Lord.

Unless you want to claim there actually IS darkness in God and we can abide in Christ while doing evil.

God's Word tells me "I can do all things THRU CHRIST that strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13), so it's the Lord Jesus Christ that has empowered me to not sin...

I dunno, maybe this promise does not apply to you and you enjoy getting your sinful lifestyle on or something.

You do you and I'm going to do Jesus!

I'm called to be conformed to His Image (Romans 8:29)
And called to imitate Him as His dear child (Ephesians 5:1)

See ya!

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

35 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

See ya!

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

So, God commands that we do every single thing, and every married thing, "without complaining and disputing". God commands this; so He knows it is realistic to trust that we can stop our arguing and complaining, so that we become blameless, harmless, and without fault, right in this evil world's "crooked and perverse generation".

This is possible with God changing our character so we are and love like Jesus.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 8/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Stan Murff said:
Since we are not supposed to DO anything to be saved, are there errors in the Bible?

Seems like the following verses say we should DO some stuff so shouldn't the Bible be amended and these verses removed since they are obviously false entries right?

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that DOES righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and DO not the truth:

Acts 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and DO works meet for repentance.

I would suggest like all things it is how we hear the understanding of Christ.. .  go to the foundation of the doctrine search for it as for silver or gold  .

As David revealed in the Psalms. . .  destroy the foundation of the doctrines of God  what could those born again do, how could they search out the doctrine ?  

The written tradition as a law  began on Mount Sinah used to represent the kingdom of God not of this world . There God demonstrated how we receive the book of law all things writen in Moses and the prophets as witnesses ..

Exodus 31:18  And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Deuteronomy 9:10 And the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the Lord spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

Exodus 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.

Deuteronomy 10:1-2 King James Version At that time the Lord said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

There we can observe  he with his own hand as a will  (God is not a man) hewn out two stones tablets. . .  two throughout the Bible used to represent God has spoken.   In effect saying "let  tablets be formed" and "it was good". (law of faith )  

Having then them hewn . . .with his finger he wrote ten commandments ten = all or the whole perfect.. . on both sides with no room for oral traditons of men .

When Moses came down  the oral traditions of mankind mocked  it as it is writen authority .(sola scriptura) 

No man can serve two good teaching master coming from one Lord.

In anger they were destroyed and again the witness of two .This time again using the second God had Moses hewn out the stone then again the finger will of God   with the finger wrote the same words on both sides.

How beautiful are the apostle Moses' feet shod with the tablets of peace .  

5 hours ago, garee said:

The written tradition as a law  began on Mount Sinah used to represent the kingdom of God not of this world .

And, 9 of the 10 Commandments can be found in the New Testament as commandments!

It's odd when people are quick to point out that "we are not under the 10 commandments anymore"

And, I always like to ask them if it's OK under the New Testament to lie and do murder.

Of course most say no, but then again most believe in once saved always saved so they like that teaching on Utube of Charles Stanley saying if one did murder their sin has already been forgiven as he teaches it's not possible to lose your salvation... even if you murdered someone!

He never speaks in his video of asking for forgiveness or repenting, he simply says all your future sins are already forgiven.

I'm leery of people that believe like this because they may go on a murderous rampage or something believing it's all good because after all they have been taught that all their future sins have already been forgiven.

Edited by Stan Murff
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, Stan Murff said:

Well if you want to do sinful things.... you are without excuse before the Lord and in doing sin you are no longer in right standing in the Lord.

Unless you want to claim there actually IS darkness in God and we can abide in Christ while doing evil.

God's Word tells me "I can do all things THRU CHRIST that strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13), so it's the Lord Jesus Christ that has empowered me to not sin...

I dunno, maybe this promise does not apply to you and you enjoy getting your sinful lifestyle on or something.

You do you and I'm going to do Jesus!

See ya!

Who is this post addressed to?

It would be dishonest to characterize anything I have written as a "want to do sinful things" or to say I "enjoy getting your sinful lifestyle on".

Such dishonestly would be a "sin". Did you not realize that prior to posting lies? If so, best not do it again - now you know. ;) 

If you persist on being in league with my "accuser" (Rev 12:10), and not my Savior, then you'll have to take that up with God.

Not sure you understand scripture... I simply posted some things the Word of God says and then you ask silly question and demand that I answer.

I post what I post, and if you cannot understand then we'll agree to disagree.  I'm not going to be interrogated by you or anybody else.  Either read what I write or don't read what I write.  You're call saul.

My point in many of these posts is so called once saved always saved teachings are un-biblical and are a stumbling block to believers. 

You can  agree or disagree.  I'm not worried about it either way.  This is a simple exchange of ideas and opinions.  In cases you have not noticed, not everyone agrees on everything.  Surprise!

Not need to get all upset and worried and in fear and whatever it is your issues are.  Just chill out sheesh!

Edited by Stan Murff