• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  768
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

31 minutes ago, Mozart's Starling said:

Since when does it matter how many people believe something?

Salvation by consensus?   Talk about new and false doctrine. I am proud to be among the few who believe in the word of God as written.  That doesn't make me right, it means that God's word is right.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, RV_Wizard said:

Salvation by consensus?   Talk about new and false doctrine. I am proud to be among the few who believe in the word of God as written.  That doesn't make me right, it means that God's word is right.

No, you believe your interpretation is correct. Which is fine. But I fear your confidence is misplaced.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  768
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

9 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:
So Billy Graham wasn't a Christian?    He brought countless numbers of people to God by focusing on what God wants us to believe.

Evolutionists deny a personal Creator and teach that noble man is growing stronger, wiser, and upward every day. Evolutionists deny the fact of sin, teaching instead the “trial and error” method by which man is supposed to make himself better in every way. But man is not growing better or climbing upward. Monkeys are not making men of themselves but, rather, men are making monkeys of themselves. Evolution is in reverse.

Instead of progress in man, there is degeneracy of body, mind and spirit. Higher education teaches the lie that evolution is accomplishing progress and that a new day is about to dawn. A new day will dawn, indeed, when Creator God will send His Son the Lord Jesus Christ back to earth to make all things new.

The Reverend Billy Graham.

Graham's opinion would be classified as "intelligent design."  He didn't go after evolution entirely.  That may have been a political decision rather than a religious conviction.  He had a great appeal to the mainstream.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

16 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

Be careful not to confuse your interpretation of God's word with God's word.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, teddyv said:

No, you believe your interpretation is correct. Which is fine. But I fear your confidence is misplaced.

It is with the aid of the Holy Spirit that you can interpret scripture.  Everything else is Earthly, and there is no greater Earthly misinterpretation than evolution theory.

1 John 2:27  (NLT) But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

Using proper hermeneutics, I would love to see how scripture arrives at evolution theory.  :emot-nod:

10 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

Evolutionists deny a personal Creator and teach that noble man is growing stronger, wiser, and upward every day. Evolutionists deny the fact of sin, teaching instead the “trial and error” method by which man is supposed to make himself better in every way. But man is not growing better or climbing upward. Monkeys are not making men of themselves but, rather, men are making monkeys of themselves. Evolution is in reverse.

Instead of progress in man, there is degeneracy of body, mind and spirit. Higher education teaches the lie that evolution is accomplishing progress and that a new day is about to dawn. A new day will dawn, indeed, when Creator God will send His Son the Lord Jesus Christ back to earth to make all things new.

The Reverend Billy Graham.

Graham's opinion would be classified as "intelligent design."  He didn't go after evolution entirely.  That may have been a political decision rather than a religious conviction.  He had a great appeal to the mainstream.

The quote you presented was not written by Billy Graham.   It was written by someone else, who claims it is based on the writings of Billy Graham.

(This column is based on the words and writings of the late Rev. Billy Graham.)

https://billygraham.org/answer/why-does-it-matter-whether-people-believe-in-evolution-over-biblical-creation/

They fooled you.   You should be more careful.    Many Intelligent Design advocates accept the fact of evolution.   Graham merely points out that it makes no difference whether God made man by special creation or used evolution to do it, nor does it matter what we believe about that.

I doubt if Graham gave any weight at all to political considerations when it came to his theology.   He merely recognized that God does not care what any of us think of evolution.

Edited by The Barbarian

7 minutes ago, Sparks said:

It is with the aid of the Holy Spirit that you can interpret scripture.  Everything else is Earthly, and there is no greater Earthly misinterpretation than evolution theory.

And you are sure the Holy Spirit is working in you, but not in other Christians who differ with you.    Be humble enough to consider that you may be mistaken.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Using proper hermeneutics, I would love to see how scripture arrives at evolution theory. 

Using proper hermeneutics, I would love to see how scripture arrives at atomic structure.   

Not everything that's true is in the Bible.   Nor is the Bible the sole authority of knowledge about God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

27 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Using proper hermeneutics, I would love to see how scripture arrives at atomic structure.   

Not everything that's true is in the Bible.   Nor is the Bible the sole authority of knowledge about God.

The Bible doesn't make a claim on the nature of atoms. It does make a claim on the origins of man. You either believe it or you don't. It's that simple. You've made it abundantly clear however that you think man knows more about how we came to be than God does. You should probably come to terms with that.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

And you are sure the Holy Spirit is working in you, but not in other Christians who differ with you.    Be humble enough to consider that you may be mistaken.

If the Holy Spirit does indwell me and another who disagrees with the Creation events and He is instructing both as to the truth, why would the Holy Spirit be in conflict with Himself? 

1 John 2:27  (NLT) But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

If this scripture above is true, and if what the Holy Spirit teaches is true, then how can He be in conflict with Himself?