• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Not at all a loaded thread title. Spitting on others is blatantly forbidden in the Torah and the Talmud. End of story.

The thread title was a quote from the article.But it shows how anyone coming in the name of Jesus is still hated by many jews as they were 2000 years ago.The custom may have  started with Christ.

Mathew 26:67

Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him

It won't be long till the saints in Israel are killed and imprisoned in Israel because of Yeshua's name.

Daniel 11:33

“Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 10/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, Slibhin said:

Good old blood libel. I was unaware the Jewish people authorized you to speak on our behalf.

So you can talk about people hating the Jews, but none of us can speak about people hating Christians.

You ask me to see things from your side, but are not willing to see our side of things....   there is a word for that.....

I get the feeling that you don't think Jewish people can do anything wrong.....

On 10/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, Slibhin said:

Good old blood libel. I was unaware the Jewish people authorized you to speak on our behalf.

I was quoting the Bible .What is it that you have against the word of God?

1 minute ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I was quoting the Bible .What is it that you have against the word of God?

I don't think she accepts the New Testament as the Word of God. (seeing things from her side)

13 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't think she accepts the New Testament as the Word of God. (seeing things from her side)

Such people can not comprehend the light that has come to the gentiles.Even though we testify of Messiah,they chose darkness not even believing the prophets God has sent to Israel.

Isaiah 49:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

This has been fulfilled and the nations testify of it.

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

Blood libel is a trope that Jews are killing Christians/drinking their blood/planning massacres.

The people who are putting this out are not Christians and are not among the people here that I have seen over the past 20 years.

I would wager that about as many Polish and Gypsies were killed by Hitler as were Jews.   How many Christians over the years has the Catholic Church killed just because they went against an organization that did not even do what their own Bible said.

You are overly sensitive about people mistreating Jews in the world from my personal viewpoint.

I get three to four death threats a month and have since I started interfacing with radical Muslims a few years ago....     so how many death threats do you get a year.

Chill out and stop being so defensive about things; Jews are not the only groups of people that Satan wants to get rid of across the globe.

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Such people can not comprehend the light that has come to the gentiles.Even though we testify of Messiah,they chose darkness not even believing the prophets God has sent to Israel.

Isaiah 49:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

This has been fulfilled and the nations testify of it.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:06 AM, Slibhin said:

Huh

If you truly do not understand this, I pray for the Holy Spirit to inform you of it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

We know from articles that the individual who declared spitting was an "ancient Jewish custom" wasn't Christian, so we can't be blamed for that. As for whether or not this is indeed an ancient Jewish custom, many of us don't know (we aren't Jewish), so we can't be blamed for that either.

Based upon the controversy that man's declaration stirred up in Israel (many have condemned it), I think it's safe to assume that spitting at Christians is not an ancient Jewish custom. That's reasonable. I can't imagine why it would be. 

However, what we do find is this: individual people, including the insular groups to which they belong, might consider such a thing to be customary among themselves. This is not unique; people can and do commit repugnant acts. They are also prone to justifying those repugnant acts. 

For example, hating all Christians because of the deeds of a few. Or, using the deeds of a few to unjustly accuse many of the same evil. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

5 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

We know from articles that the individual who declared spitting was an "ancient Jewish custom" wasn't Christian, so we can't be blamed for that. As for whether or not this is indeed an ancient Jewish custom, many of us don't know (we aren't Jewish), so we can't be blamed for that either.

Not an ancient Jewish custom, a nasty, vile human custom.

While unacceptable, it is recognized as possible, and would

render one unclean in certain obvious circumstances.

Leviticus 15:8 If he who has the discharge spits on him who is clean, then he shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

This is a pro-Jew/Israel ministry and you don't know what blood libel is? I'll bring you up to speed. The issue is not people who hate Christians. I have defended Christians many, many times. I have defended their right to live in and worship in Israel. I have even defended their right to proselytize, even thought I hate it. The issue is accusing us of murder or planning it. I have even posted, right on this very forum, times where I thought Jewish groups were in the wrong. I am not responsible for you failing to read them. Keep in mind this isn't a forum where Christians are going to be attacked very much so obviously I'm not going to need to defend you all that much in this arena.

Anyway...

Blood libel is a trope that Jews are killing Christians/drinking their blood/planning massacres. It has been around for centuries and has been used against us countless times to justify expulsion and genocide... often by Christians. I am unaware of a single time in history Jewish people have committed expulsion or genocide on Christians or anyone else.

My comment on blood libel was regarding @Shilohsfoal's comment that Jews in Israel are planning to murder Christians. This is not even the first time he has made this disgusting claim.

Number one, it is against G-d's law to kill anyone. This is called murder.

Two, we have no motivation to do so because Jews don't try to convert non-Jews. This is because we don't believe you have to be Jewish to be right before G-d or go to heaven. Therefore we have no motive.

Three, the Torah expressly commands us to love and welcome foreigners and not to mistreat them.

I'll repeat the same thing I said in his other thread. Those "Jews" are ultra-orthodox nationalists who also spit on their fellow Jews. Guess what? They have even spit on me and my cousin, because they didn't think we were suitably modest. I don't know how much more modest I could have dressed short of a Burka but there is is. They also throw rocks at people, Jew and Christian alike and hurl verbal abuse. It is all wrong, against the Torah and they will answer to Hashem one day for their actions.

Is spitting at Christians an ancient Jewish tradition? Guess what, so is jail: 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/04/middleeast/jerusalem-christians-spitting-israel-intl/index.html

Good... arrest more of them. They're thugs, bigots and bullies and I'm on your side. They should be delt with harshly.

No one said you were planning to kill messianic Jews.So stop you lying.

Scripture says Israelis will kill Israelis who testify of Yeshua.Jews will kill Jews who follow yeshua.

Period.

You just reject the testimony given to us by Jews who excepted Messiah.You reject Messiah.From the gospel according to Mathew.A Jew.

Mathew 10

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

It must pain you terribly bad to see gentiles who believe Jews who testify of Messiah and you reject those Jews.Well I believed them and I received the holy spirit .Just as Messiah said.

Edited by Shilohsfoal