backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Was it a mistake to remove Mccarthy as speaker of the house and will they be able to find another replacement fast.

Will this further divide the GOP?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Was it a mistake to remove Mccarthy as speaker of the house and will they be able to find another replacement fast.

The GOP really isn't going to get much more divided than it is, but existing divisions may become more visible to the public (and its members).

I wonder if they could get Trump to take it, or if he even would if they had the sense to ask him.

• Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

34 minutes ago, FJK said:

The GOP really isn't going to get much more divided than it is, but existing divisions may become more visible to the public (and its members).

I wonder if they could get Trump to take it, or if he even would if they had the sense to ask him.

It's a trap for trump to even consider it 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

No  representative, none, will want Donald Trump as Speaker of the House, absolutely none. Would you want him sucking all the air out of the Captial's  House of Representatives if you were an elected representative? Of course not. What a nightmare that would immediately become for everyone there.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No  representative, none, will want Donald Trump as Speaker of the House, absolutely none. Would you want him sucking all the air out of the Captial's  House of Representatives if you were an elected representative? Of course not. What a nightmare that would immediately become for everyone there.

I think they will.  It's temporary, since Trump would be running for President during the time-frame. 

Marjorie Taylor Green already expressed wanting him, and it may work on a temporary term.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just now, Sparks said:

I think they will.  It's temporary, since Trump would be running for President during the time-frame. 

Marjorie Taylor Green already expressed wanting him, and it may work on a temporary term.

Well perhaps you may be right, after all we are the stupid party. I just never thought we are quite that stupid. Trump cannot share a stage with anyone without degrading them with base and very gross rambling insults. He is a sick deranged narcissist, a disgrace to the land USA, a criminal about to  be found guilty of massive fraud. He is bad news, period. Besides all that he blew the deal. He could not beat  another old man hiding out in his home basement. The man who had a ghost writer for his book The Art Of Making The Deal, the man that bankrupted many a  partner and investors needs be put away, maybe in a cell next to members of the Biden Crime family.

Not that I have strong opinion  on the subject. LOL.

47 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well perhaps you may be right, after all we are the stupid party. I just never thought we are quite that stupid. Trump cannot share a stage with anyone without degrading them with base and very gross rambling insults. He is a sick deranged narcissist, a disgrace to the land USA, a criminal about to  be found guilty of massive fraud. He is bad news, period. Besides all that he blew the deal. He could not beat  another old man hiding out in his home basement. The man who had a ghost writer for his book The Art Of Making The Deal, the man that bankrupted many a  partner and investors needs be put away, maybe in a cell next to members of the Biden Crime family.

Not that I have strong opinion  on the subject. LOL.

The Speaker of the House can choose what will be voted on or what will stay in Committee (ignored), mainly.  They have other powers, but I have rarely seen the Speaker on the floor doing daily business; it's usually handled by others.  So I would not expect to see Trump at the podium, daily.  He would be in his office choosing bills to vote on, and crafting budgets, choosing who will chair a committee, dealing with continuing resolutions, and choosing when to meet, and all that 'leader' stuff.  It's mostly a big back-room job.

Patrick McHenry is the Pro Tempore, currently.  He kicked Congresswoman Pelosi out of her big Capital office, as his first act.  He has little power in other matters until they vote in another Speaker, but I liked what he did there.  :)

The biggest fault I see with Trump is that he picks horrible advisors, and takes their advice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

5 hours ago, backontrack said:

I don't understand why he was removed. Can you please tell me? As far as a new speaker, I think Jim Jordan is the best available choice.

46 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I don't understand why he was removed. Can you please tell me? As far as a new speaker, I think Jim Jordan is the best available choice.

McCarthy didn't keep his promises to those who voted him in, and as a condition of McCarthy being speaker, he agreed to allow just a single vote of no confidence to begin a vote to remove him, and there were enough votes cast to ultimately remove him.

I know you asked another about this question, but I hope it helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

8 hours ago, Sparks said:

McCarthy didn't keep his promises to those who voted him in, and as a condition of McCarthy being speaker, he agreed to allow just a single vote of no confidence to begin a vote to remove him, and there were enough votes cast to ultimately remove him.

I know you asked another about this question, but I hope it helps.

Yes it helps. Thanks. 

• Thumbs Up 1