• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,584
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Sparks said:

The Speaker of the House can choose what will be voted on or what will stay in Committee (ignored), mainly.  They have other powers, but I have rarely seen the Speaker on the floor doing daily business; it's usually handled by others.  So I would not expect to see Trump at the podium, daily.  He would be in his office choosing bills to vote on, and crafting budgets, choosing who will chair a committee, dealing with continuing resolutions, and choosing when to meet, and all that 'leader' stuff.  It's mostly a big back-room job.

Patrick McHenry is the Pro Tempore, currently.  He kicked Congresswoman Pelosi out of her big Capital office, as his first act.  He has little power in other matters until they vote in another Speaker, but I liked what he did there.  :)

The biggest fault I see with Trump is that he picks horrible advisors, and takes their advice.

Hi, I do not think that  Nancy Pelosi was sitting quietly  in a back room administrating during her two tenures as House Speaker.  The Speaker of the House is one very powerful individual that is before "News" cameras  from all over the world on a near daily basis.

This clown car the House Republicans are presently driving is going to take us all into a deep ditch. We will be fortunate to survive the ineptness. There is war on the near horizon with many fronts of battle already in play. The USA cannot afford to be losing time to this third ring side show clown act. It needs attention focused on center stage, seriously focused on our nation's  mortal enemies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

With the Speaker of The House holding  the third most powerful political seat in the USA it is important that  the Speaker not be susceptible to the espionage like antics that has unseated Speaker McCarthy.  One suspect representative, of suspect personal character, being able to stop the serious business of the house and paralyze the federal government at most all levels is a serious flaw that never should have happened. But it has and now here we are a nation messed up by five loons whose lead spokesperson is Representative Gaetz.

As the battle unfolds Christians within the USA need keep foremost in mind the real battle we are in-

..."For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;"....

The way the USA is failing to fight the real enemy or even acknowledge it, it cannot long stand.  May God have mercy upon the USA.

35 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Not much, but some.

A glimmer eh?

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

A glimmer eh?

Course I should make it clear that my own hope is not found in the nations, but instead my Lord Yeshua.

My favorite reminder of the sovereignty of God over all that at this time seems a mess is found  in the Psalm of David, that most popular Psalm 23  that states,- though I walk through the Valley Of The Shadow Of Death  I will fear no evil....

The wolves may gather for attack in those shadows,  yet my Lord has prepared a banquet for me to partake in;

..."You [LORD] prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever. "

In that rests my hope that is certain. Though these times are harsh and extremely dangerous to the flesh,  the flesh  itself matters not so much as the spirit and eternal soul.  Mine has been captured by the work of God's Holy Spirit. I am secure in my Lord Yeshua's shepherding over me. My hope is certain in Him. Praise God, his mercy from everlasting to everlasting over me.

Hi, You are not only someone, you are special! God loves you and so do God's own, His chosen, for to love one another is to love God.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

20231005_092212.jpg.50aae6da9ac3d947e336924caa6f3a83.jpg

One picture is worth 1000  words,lol

8 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one.

Hi again, may I add a sidenote? It does relate to the thread topic in that God is sovereign  and in charge of all creation and it's happenings including the politics of nations. Your signature is interesting to me, especially this day, and so I  looked at some of the  better commentaries from which comes this:

Hear, O Israel,.... These are the words of Moses, stirring up the people to an attention to what he was about to say of this great and momentous article, the unity of God, to prevent their going into polytheism and idolatry. From one of the words here used, the Jews call this section Kiriathshema, which they oblige themselves to read twice a day, morning and evening (n); the last letter of the first word in this verse, "Shema", meaning "hear", and the last letter of the last word in it, "Echad", meaning "one", are greater than ordinary; which seems designed to excite the attention to what is contained in this passage: 

the Lord our God is one Lord; the doctrine of which is, that the Lord, who was the covenant God and Father of his people Israel, is but one Jehovah; he is Jehovah, the Being of beings, a self-existent Being, eternal and immutable; and he is but one in nature and essence; this appears from the perfection of his nature, his eternity, omnipotence, omnipresence, infinity, goodness, self-sufficiency, and perfection; for there can be but one eternal, one omnipotent, one omnipresent, one infinite, one that is originally and of himself good; one self, and all sufficient, and perfect Being; and which also may be concluded from his being the first cause of all things, which can be but one; and from his relations to his creatures, as their King, ruler, governor, and lawgiver. And for this purpose these words are cited in Mark 12:29 but then they no ways contradict the doctrine of a trinity of persons in the unity of the divine essence, the Father, Word, and Holy Spirit, which three are one; the one God, the one Jehovah, as here expressed; see 1 John 5:7 and so the ancient Jews understood this passage. In an ancient book of theirs it is said (o) Jehovah, Elohenu, Jehovah (i.e. Jehovah, our God, Jehovah); these are the three degrees with respect to this sublime mystery; "in the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth"; and again (p), Jehovah, Elohenu, Jehovah, they are one; the three forms (modes or things) which are one; and elsewhere (q) it is observed, there are two, and one is joined to them, and they are three; and when the three are one, he says to (or of) them, these are the two names which Israel heard, Jehovah, Jehovah, and Elohenu (our God) is joined unto them; and it is the seal of the ring of truth, and when they are joined they are one in one unity; which is illustrated by the three names the soul of man is called by, the soul, spirit, and breath; and elsewhere they say (r) the holy blessed God, and his Shechinah, are called one; see John 10:30. 

11 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

at least you aren't part of the MAGA cult.

No I am definitely not. Trumpism isn't going to make the USA great least not under President Donald Trump's  leadership/rule. Gad the man has been a defiler of women a cheater of business partners and has cheated on his wife. A man that will cheat on his own spouse will cheat on anything, and is not to be trusted with so high  a political power. Least not without serious repentance on his part. I do not foresee that  one happening for he is delusional, made so by God who has turned him over to  Trump's own strong delusion ( My opinion). 

Strangely I did vote for him at the last moment  in 2016 after Hillary Rodham Clinton called me part of a" bucket of deplorables" and cackled. I found that to be more dangerous than Trump at the time. May God have mercy upon the USA and raise up  a serious minded upright person of sound mind and genrous heart to be it's leader.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No I am definitely not. Trumpism isn't going to make the USA great least not under President Donald Trump's  leadership/rule. Gad the man has been a defiler of women a cheater of business partners and has cheated on his wife. A man that will cheat on his own spouse will cheat on anything, and is not to be trusted with so high  a political power. Least not without serious repentance on his part. I do not foresee that  one happening for he is delusional, made so by God who has turned him over to  Trump's own strong delusion ( My opinion). 

Strangely I did vote for him at the last moment  in 2016 after Hillary Rodham Clinton called me part of a" bucket of deplorables" and cackled. I found that to be more dangerous than Trump at the time. May God have mercy upon the USA and raise up  a serious minded upright person of sound mind and genrous heart to be it's leader.

To be perfectly frank I don't have any expectations of America ever being GREAT again- no matter who's in the Oval Office-that ship sailed long ago

But what is Written shall come to pass and we are probably very insignificant( as a Nation) in the grand scheme of things-at this point I don't think it's going to make any difference who is speaker of the House or any position in Govt- the rulers of darkness and powers that be have a stronghold and we are feeling those birth pains for the beginning of sorrows- should not be too much longer now Brother

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I do not think that  Nancy Pelosi was sitting quietly  in a back room administrating during her two tenures as House Speaker.  The Speaker of the House is one very powerful individual that is before "News" cameras  from all over the world on a near daily basis.

This clown car the House Republicans are presently driving is going to take us all into a deep ditch. We will be fortunate to survive the ineptness. There is war on the near horizon with many fronts of battle already in play. The USA cannot afford to be losing time to this third ring side show clown act. It needs attention focused on center stage, seriously focused on our nation's  mortal enemies.

It is sort of like the District Attorney not really handling cases directly.  That is what assistant DAs are for.  Nancy might be in the press, but she was not on the floor much unless it was a budget bill that she wanted to push through, and she new there was press.

If you want to see the House handling business, look here when they are in session and you can see it live:

The House Live

Tell me if you see the Speaker conducting much business.  It is almost always a Pro Tem.

• Thumbs Up 1