IGNORED

Are you sure that you shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven?

Susan Miller

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/8/2023 at 4:08 AM, Vine Abider said:

Many see the kingdom as a distinct thousand year period of government by Christ on the earth where ALL enemies are dealt with, and then we go into eternity. This view (which I share) holds that our participation in the kingdom government is largely based upon our works and is a reward for how faithful we have been, and how well we have built (gold, silver, precious stone or wood, hay stubble as per 1 Cor 3:12-15) in this life.  Therefore, seeing things this way makes this kingdom period different than eternity. But I understand that those who hold an amillennialist view don't see a distinct period where Christ will rule on the earth with his saints.

Why complicate things with such a convoluted and frankly bizarre interpretation?   Paul provides no hint whatsoever that that's what he meant by "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11.   

The interpretation you subscribe to is almost certainly the result of some underlying false doctrine.  It forces you to reject the simple and obvious interpretation of "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11, which is eternal life in Heaven.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

51 minutes ago, Buzzard3 said:

Why complicate things with such a convoluted and frankly bizarre interpretation?   Paul provides no hint whatsoever that that's what he meant by "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11.   

The interpretation you subscribe to is almost certainly the result of some underlying false doctrine.  It forces you to reject the simple and obvious interpretation of "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11, which is eternal life in Heaven.  

Worried?...........default_cool2.gif.c32d648351a0dc2038bc530376756764.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Buzzard3 said:

How many times have I observed someone replying that their thinking is the "simple & obvious" or "common sense" one, meaning everyone else's interpretation is obviously way out to lunch?  A whole bunch of times!  (aka - probably not the best argumentative reply)

Well one (or perhaps both) of us, has it wrong . . . 

38 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

How many times have I observed someone replying that their thinking is the "simple & obvious" or "common sense" one, meaning everyone else's interpretation is obviously way out to lunch? 

Why do think "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11 doesn't refer to eternal life in Heaven?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,595
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

How many times have I observed someone replying that their thinking is the "simple & obvious" or "common sense" one, meaning everyone else's interpretation is obviously way out to lunch?  A whole bunch of times!  (aka - probably not the best argumentative reply)

Well one (or perhaps both) of us, has it wrong . . . 

Well....as long as what is obvious and common sense actually represents the plain sense of Scripture...............

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

5 hours ago, Buzzard3 said:

Why do think "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11 doesn't refer to eternal life in Heaven?

According to what I see, the kingdom refers to a specific thousand year time frame that fulfills many prophecies about His government reigning on the earth. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,231
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

According to what I see, the kingdom refers to a specific thousand year time frame that fulfills many prophecies about His government reigning on the earth. 

...through Israel.

King David (Jer. 30: 9) and Levites the Priests, (Isa. 66: 21)

14 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Yes, I know ... you've already told me that.  You didn't answer my question.

Why would "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 6:9-11 not refer to eternal life in Heaven?  Why doesn't my interpretation fit those two verses?

Edited by Buzzard3

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,231
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 10/5/2023 at 3:10 PM, Susan Miller said:

Today one of my Christian friends told me that no matter what he does, Lord Jesus will forgive his sin, since he has accepted Lord Jesus as savior, and finally he shall enter into God's kingdom. 

But I remember that our Lord Jesus said: “Not everyone that said to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 7:21).We can see from this that entering the kingdom of heaven is not a simple matter, not as long as we believe in the Lord we can enter the kingdom of heaven, we must strive to pursue. What's your opinion, my friends?

Hi Susan,

The question then is `What part of God`s great kingdom do you believe God has promised the Body of Christ? 

You see there are the Nations on the New Earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

Then in the Universal region will be the Old Testament saints who were promised the city. (Heb. 11: 16)

And finally the Body of Christ is promised to rule with Christ on His own throne `far above all, ` Eph. 1: 20 - 23) in the highest heaven.

7_NHNE.jpg.087dac0472325939b2bf8f0df9c1bd52.jpg

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Susan,

The question then is `What part of God`s great kingdom do you believe God has promised the Body of Christ? 

You see there are the Nations on the New Earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

Then in the Universal region will be the Old Testament saints who were promised the city. (Heb. 11: 16)

And finally the Body of Christ is promised to rule with Christ on His own throne `far above all, ` Eph. 1: 20 - 23) in the highest heaven.

7_NHNE.jpg.087dac0472325939b2bf8f0df9c1bd52.jpg

What?