dad2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,506
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0

I had always considered the chapters to refer to a time near the start of the last seven years. The northern invasion and intervention from God. Taking a quick review of the prophesy yesterday, I noticed that the prophesy ends when Jesus returns, it seems.

Ezekiel 39:29
Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

This is not a thread to doubt or debate whether the end time prophesy will happen. It will. No debate possible as far as I am concerned. What we can look at here is timing. One commentator said something like how it is possible if not likely that the terrorist invasion of Israel Oct 7 was a prelude to or first stage of a larger invasion to come from the north. He thought that Eze 38 and 39 was possibly started already. (to his credit he left the possibility open that it was not)

So the question arises what is in the prophesy that pinpoints it to any time before the very end when He returns?

Ezekiel 39:22
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.

To place the invasion before the time all Israel gets saved in the end when they see Him whom they pierced and repent would mean we have the verse above fulfilled before the nation is saved. Right?
 I do not think the nation repents and accepts Jesus before the very end.

Going back further in Eze 39 we see that it also is after Jesus returns.

Ezekiel 39:9
And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

In Eze 38 we see this 
Ezekiel 38:23
Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord .

That does not sound like the Tribulation period. Maybe someone can show it does?

Further back in Eze 38 we see this

Ezekiel 38:20

So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

This also seems to speak of the great shaking in the very end when mountains come down at His presence! How could that be this year or any other time than the very end of the tribulation?

Even back in Eze 37, the time is set and clear.

Ezekiel 37:23
Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 37:24
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

That is certainly after Jesus returns and they are saved.

So-can anyone make a case that the invasion is some time other than the end of the tribulation? I can't remember why I used to think it was, probably I just took people's word for it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, dad2 said:

I had always considered the chapters to refer to a time near the start of the last seven years. The northern invasion and intervention from God. Taking a quick review of the prophesy yesterday, I noticed that the prophesy ends when Jesus returns, it seems.

Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

This is not a thread to doubt or debate whether the end time prophesy will happen. It will. No debate possible as far as I am concerned. What we can look at here is timing. One commentator said something like how it is possible if not likely that the terrorist invasion of Israel Oct 7 was a prelude to or first stage of a larger invasion to come from the north. He thought that Eze 38 and 39 was possibly started already. (to his credit he left the possibility open that it was not)

So the question arises what is in the prophesy that pinpoints it to any time before the very end when He returns?

So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.

To place the invasion before the time all Israel gets saved in the end when they see Him whom they pierced and repent would mean we have the verse above fulfilled before the nation is saved. Right?

And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

In Eze 38 we see this 
Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord .

That does not sound like the Tribulation period. Maybe someone can show it does?

So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

This also seems to speak of the great shaking in the very end when mountains come down at His presence! How could that be this year or any other time than the very end of the tribulation?

Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

So-can anyone make a case that the invasion is some time other than the end of the tribulation? I can't remember why I used to think it was, probably I just took people's word for it.

The invasion takes place 1000 years after the resurrection of Israel in Ezekiel 37.That is 1000 years after Christ has come and raised Israel from the dead.

Revelation 20

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Alot of people who have made the claim that Israel now dwells safely has some explaining to do after yesterday's attack on Israel.That lie has been exposed.

Ezekiel 38

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

No one will live safely in Israel till after Christ comes.Then the saints who have inherited the land of Israel will live safely without walls or fences.

25 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

The invasion takes place 1000 years after the resurrection of Israel in Ezekiel 37.That is 1000 years after Christ has come and raised Israel from the dead.

I see. That doesn't seem to work though.  Israel is saved before that.  the shaking is before that etc

25 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Alot of people who have made the claim that Israel now dwells safely has some explaining to do after yesterday's attack on Israel.That lie has been exposed.

Ezekiel 38

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

No one will live safely in Israel till after Christ comes.Then the saints who have inherited the land of Israel will live safely without walls or fences.

The context seems to be relative. They think they are safe. If they were actually safe then no one could invade!

23 minutes ago, dad2 said:

I see. That doesn't seem to work though.  Israel is saved before that.  the shaking is before that etc

There is a shaking when Christ comes and there is a shaking at the end of 1000 years.

Those of Israel who endure through the tribulation are saved when Christ comes.They are saved for eternity.

26 minutes ago, dad2 said:

The context seems to be relative. They think they are safe. If they were actually safe then no one could invade!

Someone invading a land does not cause anyone to not be safe.What makes the people in Ezekiel 38 safe is they can't die.They don't suffer a second death.

Ezekiel 38

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

These people were raised from the dead is Ezekiel 37.They have eternal life and do not suffer a second death.Thats what safe means.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Alot of people who have made the claim that Israel now dwells safely has some explaining to do after yesterday's attack on Israel. That lie has been exposed.

I think this is explained by, "This is what the Lord GOD says: On that day, thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will devise an evil plan." Ezekiel 38

This person that invades is listening to voices and comes up with an evil plan. That plan has a delusion attached to it:

"You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will come against a tranquil people who dwell securely, all of them living without walls or bars or gates"

This condition of safety is just in his head. It arises through voices and an evil plan. It's not a prophecy of Israel living in safety.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

In Eze 38 we see this 

Agree. 100%

7 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I think this is explained by, "This is what the Lord GOD says: On that day, thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will devise an evil plan." Ezekiel 38

This person that invades is listening to voices and comes up with an evil plan. That plan has a delusion attached to it:

"You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will come against a tranquil people who dwell securely, all of them living without walls or bars or gates"

This condition of safety is just in his head. It arises through voices and an evil plan. It's not a prophecy of Israel living in safety.

You believe when God says they are safe that it's all in his head?

Ezekiel 38

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

This condition of safe in God's words is a condition of they can't die.No one can kill them.That is safe.