IGNORED

1948 is not a Sign of the Coming of Jesus.

Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, douggg said:

There is nothing in Ezekiel about the 1,000 year reign of Christ, nor about the beast and false prophet being cast into the lake of fire, nor Satan being cast into the bottomless pit - before the event in Ezekiel 38-39....

Because the Ezekiel 38-39 event is not the Revelation 20:7-10 event !

So you believe Yeshua is not the king of Israel forever.Do you believe Benjamin netanyahu is king of Israel forever?

Ezekiel 37

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Most people believe this is speaking of Messiah Do you claim Benjamin netanyahu isessiah?

3 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Except that Armageddon happens at the end of the Tribulation. If that's what Jesus really meant, I think it would have been easier to simply mention that than the other signs people are looking for. 

Armegeddon is what Jesus was talking about taking place after the tribulation of the saints.

Jesus is talking directly to the saints in Israel who are persecuted before the war of Armegeddon 

Luke 21

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

I'm sure there are many people on this board who believe this persecution is worldwide but they all fail to understand the saints being beaten in a synagogue is only going to take place in Israel.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The rest of Isaiah 66 tells about a restored Israel where it enjoys peace and safety. So the connection could be made that soon after Israel becomes a nation again, Israel will enjoy their peace and safety, probably because Jesus came back. 

Sure, but when is the big question and you answered it. No true peace till the Lord returns and sets everything right.

12 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Also the problem with using the message of the Gospels trying to pinpoint the return of Jesus, he said that Nation would rise against Nation and that there would be Wars and famines and earthquakes. The only problem with that is that those things have always existed even before Jesus, therefore we really don't have a very good measuring rod of simply seeing things that have always been and saying these are signs of the return of Jesus when they weren't signs for centuries before.

But, "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, as well as famines. These are the beginning of birth pains." aren't some of the things we are to look for as the signs of the nearness of His coming. In the bold portions above we Jesus tell us this isn't the time of His near arrival.

It may be the time of the beginning of the end, it may just be a reference to the last days, not the end of the age. You are correct in that...

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars...

7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

There will be famines and earthquakes in various places."

...has always been the case.

I also do not see this as heralding His imminent arrival.

Those signs of the time when He will soon arrive are laid out in the same Discourse with what I see as the major turning point;

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

This is the moment the end can finally arrive. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

6 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you believe Yeshua is not the king of Israel forever.Do you believe Benjamin netanyahu is king of Israel forever?

Jesus has yet to be acknowledged as the King of Israel coming in the name of the Lord by the Jews.     Jesus is the rightful King of Israel messiah, forever.

I already answered regarding Netanyahu as "no".

3 hours ago, douggg said:

Jesus has yet to be acknowledged as the King of Israel coming in the name of the Lord by the Jews.     Jesus is the rightful King of Israel messiah, forever.

I already answered regarding Netanyahu as "no".

Well,I just quoted Ezekiel saying Israels king forever is in the land of Israel in Ezekiel 37 before Gog invades Israel in Ezekiel 38.

Christ is king of Israel in Ezekiel 38 when Gog arrives just as he is king in Israel when Gog arrives in revelation 20

Ezekiel 37

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

When Gog gathers Israel into its own land,he places a king of them forever..Right there it is .Christ is reigning when Gog comes in Ezekiel 38 .

13 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Well,I just quoted Ezekiel saying Israels king forever is in the land of Israel in Ezekiel 37 before Gog invades Israel in Ezekiel 38.

Christ is king of Israel in Ezekiel 38 when Gog arrives just as he is king in Israel when Gog arrives in revelation 20

Ezekiel 38 is a not a continuation of Ezekiel 37.    David my servant is not mentioned in Ezekiel 38.

Jesus's return to this earth is Ezekiel 39:21-29, 7 years after Gog/Magog.

15 minutes ago, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38 is a not a continuation of Ezekiel 37.    David my servant is not mentioned in Ezekiel 38.

Ezekiel 39:21-29 doesn't say anything about Jesus.Ezekirl 37 says God puts his king over Israel forever but Ezekiel 39:21-29 says nothing about the coming of Jesus.No king mentioned at all.

Nothing.

All it really says is the same things that Ezekiel 37 said before Gog comes to Israel.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

36 minutes ago, douggg said:

By the way,let me ask you this.You believe Gog will come against Benjamin netanyahus kingdom and God will protect netanyahu and his people .

Why do you believe God would protect Benjamin netanyahus kingdom and his people?

The people of Israel chose Benjamin netanyahu as their king and that is what they wanted .A king like all the others nations have.One to fight for them and do their battles as Benjamin netanyahu is doing.So why do you believe God will fight for them who reject God ?

18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the Lord will not hear you in that day.

19 Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

20 That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

God said he will not harken to them in that day,but you claim God will save them that reject him.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

This is the moment the end can finally arrive. 

I'm not 100% sure what the meaning of this passage is. At face value it seems the indicate that once the whole world is heard about Jesus, he will return. However I think it would be difficult to make the case that that hasn't already happened. There is not a country on Earth that is not had a missionary sent to it nor is there a country on Earth where there is not a church even if it's only underground. The whole world has indeed already heard about Jesus. So don't you think this would mean that his return is imminent? There are Christians in every country in the world, churches in every country in the world, and the Bible has been translated into virtually every language on Earth. Does this suggest that his return is imminent?

3 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

By the way,let me ask you this.You believe Gog will come against Benjamin netanyahus kingdom and God will protect netanyahu and his people .

Why do you believe God would protect Benjamin netanyahus kingdom and his people?

The people of Israel chose Benjamin netanyahu as their king and that is what they wanted .A king like all the others nations have.One to fight for them and do their battles as Benjamin netanyahu is doing.So why do you believe God will fight for them who reject God ?

First of all, we don't know if Netanyahu will be prime minister at the time Gog/Magog takes place or not.

In Ezekiel 38:23  Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

In Ezekiel 6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.   [and not Allah]

In Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

In Ezekiel 36:19-24: Back at the time when the house of Israel was taken captive into the nations, it made appear as though God was unable to prevent it from happening - thus, having the effect of profaning God's name.

So when God defends Israel against the Russian/Muslim nations attack of Gog/Magog, it is because God is going to show His name Holy before the nations, and to prove that He is all powerful and is able to defend Israel no matter what the situation, and that He is not the Mulsim god - Allah.

Edited by douggg