• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

No not really... I was just wanting to prompt anyone that knew of such passages. Here is something I found online with several good verses:

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/signs-jesus-coming

I think as someone else said, from discerning these verses we may not be quite there yet. But there are certainly many of these things occurring now and accelerating! I do have some sense of urgency building in me that the world needs to come to the True Messiah! (and that the church needs to be strong, and rise up to take a stand to proclaim Him alone loudly!) 

BTW - there are those verses regarding Jesus speaking about the fig tree blossoming which many believe is typology for the nation of Israel in 1948. And Jesus said in Matthew 24 that these things would occur before the generation passed away. In Scripture it said the generation of man is 70 years and if by reason of strength possibly 80. We are 70 years beyond 1948 but we will not reached the 80 year mark until 2028. (Others dispute that Jesus was talking about the and of the age in that passage.) 

Also, as some believe, another temple will need to be built in Jerusalem for certain prophesies to take place (the man of sin making a treaty with them and then breaking it/setting himself up as God in the temple)

My argument is that 1948 and the restoration of Israel, and the ensuing immigration of the people of Israel back to the land, is prophecy fulfilled, but it isn't one of the things Jesus said we could watch for. 

So whether it's been 70, 80, 120 years since Israel was restored, it's not an indicator of the nearness of the coming of the Lord.

The end of the age prophecies in the Gospels, and other prophets. presuppose Israel in possession of Jerusalem at the time of the prophetic events of the end of the age, near to the 2nd Advent. 

It's clear Jesus did say, "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near,f right at the door. 34Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."

There is no mention of the restoration of the Jews back to the land in the Olivet Discourse so it's not part of 'all these things'.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FJK said:

Would you consider simply being published in a language the same as being preached to all people (nations)?

It seems the idea is 'to proclaim'. Is it enough to write it down and let people read? 

I don't know. I think that where the Gospel of the Kingdom is printed, a preacher will rise up. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

My argument is that 1948 and the restoration of Israel, and the ensuing immigration of the people of Israel back to the land, is prophecy fulfilled, but it isn't one of the things Jesus said we could watch for. 

So whether it's been 70, 80, 120 years since Israel was restored, it's not an indicator of the nearness of the coming of the Lord.

The end of the age prophecies in the Gospels, and other prophets. presuppose Israel in possession of Jerusalem at the time of the prophetic events of the end of the age, near to the 2nd Advent. 

It's clear Jesus did say, "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near,f right at the door. 34Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."

There is no mention of the restoration of the Jews back to the land in the Olivet Discourse so it's not part of 'all these things'.

Well if you take Matt  24:32-34, you have the fig tree sprouting it leaves.  He says by this "you know that summer is near."  Summer is when heat is turned up.  Summer is when fruit ripens (first fruits often just before summer, or at the very beginning) and is harvested.  He says in vs 33 that then "He is near, right at the door."

Then vs 34 says, "This generation will not pass away until all these things come to pass."

So some say that the fig tree's leaves sprouting is Israel becoming a nation in 1948.  Then we're told in Psalm 90:10 that a person's life is given to be 70 years, or 80 if by reason of strength.  So therefore, 1948 + 80 years is 2028.

Some would say that this whole passage in Matt 24 was already fulfilled in 70 AD with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.  But it certainly does seem to refer to many end-of-the-age things as well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

It seems that the events relate to a Luciferian plan.

Lucifer as Eosphorus(ΕΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ) or Phosphorus(ΦΩΣΦΟΡΟΣ) the bringer of dawn or light, as also the Evening star Hesperus(ΕΣΠΕΡΟΣ) relate to the planet Venus. Venus relates to the sixth day of the week Friday. Friday is sacred to the Muslims.

Now let's take a look at the leaders of countries taking part or close to the geographical area of the current events. Who was born on a Friday?

Benjamin Netanyahu

Mahmoud Abbas

Abdel Fattah El-Sisi

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan

Joe Biden

17 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Well if you take Matt  24:32-34, you have the fig tree sprouting it leaves.  He says by this "you know that summer is near."  Summer is when heat is turned up.  Summer is when fruit ripens (first fruits often just before summer, or at the very beginning) and is harvested.  He says in vs 33 that then "He is near, right at the door."

Then vs 34 says, "This generation will not pass away until all these things come to pass."

So some say that the fig tree's leaves sprouting is Israel becoming a nation in 1948.  Then we're told in Psalm 90:10 that a person's life is given to be 70 years, or 80 if by reason of strength.  So therefore, 1948 + 80 years is 2028.

Some would say that this whole passage in Matt 24 was already fulfilled in 70 AD with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.  But it certainly does seem to refer to many end-of-the-age things as well.

Yes. But some also add 1+1+1+1 and get coconuts. 

The fig tree is an analogy. When the fig buds, summer is close. When 'these things' happen, He is close. That's all, It's not Israel's reformation.

It's just a simple, apt, perfect analogy of the signs of nearness, He even says that's the case. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Were the Giza pyramids erected to warn us of the end of the world, maybe through a nuclear holocaust? Did they encode information of the antichrist? Is this coincidental or a real astronomical encoding?

https://i.postimg.cc/yYJrC17J/Venus21.png

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/31/2023 at 8:01 AM, FJK said:
On 10/31/2023 at 2:32 AM, Diaste said:

Wycliffe Global Alliance tracks this and the Gospel has not yet been 'published' in every 'nation'. I take 'nation' here to mean people groups with a unique language. 

Would you consider simply being published in a language the same as being preached to all people (nations)?

The Bible speaks of "nations, kindreds/tribes, and tongues." Rev. 7:9, 11:9

Nations/Gentiles/ethnous encompass all the others. According to Genesis 10, there were a total of 70 nations descended from the three root races of Shem, Ham, and Noah. No new nations came into being afterwards, only tribes which branched out of them.

New tribes and tongues are popping up all the time. Which is why I'm convinced that when Jesus used "nations" in His prophecy, He chose the word purposely. New tongues develop all the time -- some English dialects in London are now unintelligible to most English speakers, for example -- so the Wycliffe translators will never be able to finish their stated goal.

Jesus's prophecy has been fulfilled, when taken in its biblical meaning.

13 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The Bible speaks of "nations, kindreds/tribes, and tongues." Rev. 7:9, 11:9

Nations/Gentiles/ethnous encompass all the others. According to Genesis 10, there were a total of 70 nations descended from the three root races of Shem, Ham, and Noah. No new nations came into being afterwards, only tribes which branched out of them.

New tribes and tongues are popping up all the time. Which is why I'm convinced that when Jesus used "nations" in His prophecy, He chose the word purposely. New tongues develop all the time -- some English dialects in London are now unintelligible to most English speakers, for example -- so the Wycliffe translators will never be able to finish their stated goal.

Jesus's prophecy has been fulfilled, when taken in its biblical meaning.

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come"

References the the time of the end. There are more than 70 nations now. 

Wycliffe does translate scripture, but there are many others doing the same. Wycliffe monitors progress on this front as well.

Since this is distinct from Israel, it's whatever nations exist when the prophecy is being fulfilled. Prophecy is always for the time in which it comes to pass, not when it is given.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:51 AM, Diaste said:

These things mentioned in the Olivet discourse takes place in the last 3.5 years.

It begins with the coming of the false prophet to the land of Israel.That is the second beast of revelation 13.

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The first beast of revelation 13 has already established itself before many come to Israel in Jesus name deceiving many.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

On 10/29/2023 at 4:20 AM, Diaste said:

The preaching about WWIII has taken off again.

Every time Israel defends their land the doomsayers pop out and claim it's the end of the world.

It's not.

Jesus told us what to look for.

Why do we ignore Him?

The "coming of Jesus" is technical for the Second Advent, when He returns to earth to reign in His Millennial Kingdom.  We know this from several verses.

1 Cor 15:23 - But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

This verse proves that all believers, from Adam forward, will be resurrected at the Second Advent.

How do we know that 1 Cor 15:23 refers to the Second Advent?

Heb 9:28 - so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

This is obviously about resurrection and is clearly described as "a second time".  We know His first time was as a baby, the First Advent.  

So these 2 verses plainly teach the resurrection of all believers will be at the Second Advent, when Jesus appears a second time.