• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Wednesday 11-1-23 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Cheshvan 16 5784, 40th. Fall Day

The Christian Goal Is To Be Born Into The Kingdom to become an immortal spirit being who will rule under Christ. What would be more wonderful-more glorious-to look forward to?

We believe God's purpose for mankind is to prepare those whom He calls—and who elect through a life of overcoming sin, developing righteous character, and growing in grace and knowledge—to possess God's Kingdom and become kings and priests reigning with Christ at His return.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, without the letter of the law.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

The Christian Goal Is To Be Born Into The Kingdom to become an immortal spirit being who will rule under Christ.

Want to flesh that one out a bit?

To me that sounds to me like some old Baptist deacons used to talk. Where they used to gather and joke around about how they wanted to rule this portion or that one during a thousand year reign  of Yeshua on earth while Satan is bound.

My own goal, if that is a good word for it, is to appear at the Bema Judgement and not be too badly received by my Lord Yeshua. May it not be that I am  found victorious but without meritorious serving  of any kind whatsoever as a soldier of Christ's army.

May it be that I will have run the race as though to win it, not be found to have been slothful in duty, nor unappreciative in privilege received. That is my goal and hope.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Want to flesh that one out a bit?

To me that sounds to me like some old Baptist deacons used to talk. Where they used to gather and joke around about how they wanted to rule this portion or that one during a thousand year reign  of Yeshua on earth while Satan is bound.

My own goal, if that is a good word for it, is to appear at the Bema Judgement and not be too badly received by my Lord Yeshua. May it not be that I am  found victorious but without meritorious serving  of any kind whatsoever as a soldier of Christ's army.

May it be that I will have run the race as though to win it, not be found to have been slothful in duty, nor unappreciative in privilege received. That is my goal and hope.

Good morning Neighbor, While reading part of this Booklet Titled What Does “Born Again” Mean? by David C. Pack

The Whole Creation Groans Waiting

Before continuing, consider an important verse about another related aspect of salvation few understand. We have seen that Christians await a truly awesome salvation. But the whole creation also intensely awaits the appearance of many new Sons to be added to God’s Family.

Carefully read the following: “For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; for the creation [all things in the known universe] was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the CHILDREN OF GOD. We know that the whole creation [everything] has been groaning in travail together until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves [Christians], who have the firstfruits of the Spirit [the FEW now called], groan inwardly as we wait for [birth] as SONS” (Rom. 8:19-23, RSV).

All future “children of God” will liberate a creation now in bondage. A decayed and wounded Earth, moon and stars will soon be renewed and returned to a state of beauty, harmony and tranquility under the leadership of Christ and God’s other children. This is part of your calling.

Continuing in Hebrews 2, notice that Christ “is not ashamed to call them brethren [the other many sons—US]” (vs. 11). Truly, the begotten Christian has been called to “glory” and to be one of “many sons.” Christ’s suffering and sacrifice allow Him to be the “Captain of their salvation”—and potentially yours.

What an incredible future for those whom Christ “calls…brethren.” Notice again: “For both He that sanctifies [Christ] and they who are sanctified [begotten Christians] are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren” (vs. 11).

There will be no difference between Christ and His younger brothers and sisters, except that He will have greater authority.

Do you see what is described here? The Christian goal is to be born into the kingdom of God—to become a SPIRIT BEING ruling with Christ. What could be more wonderful—more GLORIOUS—to look forward to?

The cherished traditions and fables of men, about life after death, or about anything else, have absolutely no worth, and this includes the fiction that deceived millions believe of a supposed “born again experience” in this life. The truth of the Bible is the only knowledge of permanent worth. Christians, having come out of a deceived, confused world, are set apart from the world by the TRUTH (John 17:17).

If Christ is “not ashamed to call them (us) brethren,” then we, God’s begotten sons, must not be ashamed to defend the very truth that sanctifies us—and the truth of the gospel (Phil. 1:17). We must “grow up” unto Christ (Eph. 4:13) and hold to the true doctrines of God. We must qualify to stand beside Christ over “all things.” We must understand the truth about being BORN AGAIN!

What Does "Born Again" Mean? (rcg.org)

Love, Walter And Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

My goal is to be like Jesus which His Holy Spirit is working within.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. ` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,052
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Good morning Neighbor, While reading part of this Booklet Titled What Does “Born Again” Mean? by David C. Pack

The Whole Creation Groans Waiting

Before continuing, consider an important verse about another related aspect of salvation few understand. We have seen that Christians await a truly awesome salvation. But the whole creation also intensely awaits the appearance of many new Sons to be added to God’s Family.

Carefully read the following: “For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; for the creation [all things in the known universe] was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the CHILDREN OF GOD. We know that the whole creation [everything] has been groaning in travail together until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves [Christians], who have the firstfruits of the Spirit [the FEW now called], groan inwardly as we wait for [birth] as SONS” (Rom. 8:19-23, RSV).

All future “children of God” will liberate a creation now in bondage. A decayed and wounded Earth, moon and stars will soon be renewed and returned to a state of beauty, harmony and tranquility under the leadership of Christ and God’s other children. This is part of your calling.

Continuing in Hebrews 2, notice that Christ “is not ashamed to call them brethren [the other many sons—US]” (vs. 11). Truly, the begotten Christian has been called to “glory” and to be one of “many sons.” Christ’s suffering and sacrifice allow Him to be the “Captain of their salvation”—and potentially yours.

What an incredible future for those whom Christ “calls…brethren.” Notice again: “For both He that sanctifies [Christ] and they who are sanctified [begotten Christians] are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren” (vs. 11).

There will be no difference between Christ and His younger brothers and sisters, except that He will have greater authority.

Do you see what is described here? The Christian goal is to be born into the kingdom of God—to become a SPIRIT BEING ruling with Christ. What could be more wonderful—more GLORIOUS—to look forward to?

The cherished traditions and fables of men, about life after death, or about anything else, have absolutely no worth, and this includes the fiction that deceived millions believe of a supposed “born again experience” in this life. The truth of the Bible is the only knowledge of permanent worth. Christians, having come out of a deceived, confused world, are set apart from the world by the TRUTH (John 17:17).

If Christ is “not ashamed to call them (us) brethren,” then we, God’s begotten sons, must not be ashamed to defend the very truth that sanctifies us—and the truth of the gospel (Phil. 1:17). We must “grow up” unto Christ (Eph. 4:13) and hold to the true doctrines of God. We must qualify to stand beside Christ over “all things.” We must understand the truth about being BORN AGAIN!

What Does "Born Again" Mean? (rcg.org)

Love, Walter And Debbie

You've made some good points in the OP and the above posting. I would like to give my view.

Birth is a beginning. Prince Charles (now king) needed to be born first to later rule. Those who believed in Jesus were given power to becoe the sons of God (Jn.1:12-13) so the birth from above makes you a royal. Those who believed also received everlasting life (actually, eternal life - the nature of God) so that they might display God and rule like He would.

The creature became corrupted in our time by Abel's death. Since Abel, dams full of innocent blood have flowed into the earth and men's sexual sins and idolatry have further polluted the earth. The earth needed two things to be recovered. It needed a Substitute's blood to flow into it to atone for the innocent blood, and it needs righteous rule for God to bless the earth. The Millennium is therefore called "the Regeneration" (Mattt.19:28) for the curse is lifted by Christ's blood "that speaketh better things than Abel's" (Heb.12:24), and the Overcomers, men and women who have proven their integrity and loyalty and obedience, will rule cities.

God made "formed" man from the elements of clay, he breathed His vitalizing spirit into man, and man BECAME a living soul. That is, something new was created. God has never changed His mind. he wants man to rule and man is a SOUL. he is consistantly calleda a "soul" throughout scripture and it is, Revelation 20:4;

... and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

The term "Spiritual" does not mean "Spirit-substance". It means that it is made and sustained by the Holy Spirit. Our Lord Jesus made this clear when He showed His resurrected body (Lk.24:39). I would venture that this line of thinking comes from a misunderstanding of "born AGAIN". The common understanding is that Adam died spiritually and needed to be born spiritually AGAIN. This presupposes that Adam had spiritual life and that some force was able to kill it. But the term "born AGAIN" really means "to undergo a second and additional birth". The human has his first birth via the womb. In this he inherits human life. In the second, or additional birth, his SPIRIT ONLY is born with divine Life (Jn.3:6). Adam was a perfect man, but he needed AN-OTHER nature - that which the Tree of Life could give.

These two different natures are seen in death. The wages of sin (singular) is physical death (Rom.5:12-17, 6:23) - not spiritual death. The solution for this is resurrection - not rebirth. The spirit does not die. It returns to God Who gave it (Eccl. 3:21, 12:7) and returns again at resurrection (Lk.8:55). Far from dying, it is man's vitality (Jas.2:26).

• Thumbs Up 1