• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

I was taught my entire life that the earth was very old; millions of years old at least.  The problem I have with the long age belief is that I never found anything in the Scriptures to support it.  When the supporters of long ages present arguments for it, I always see phrases taken from verses out of context.  In Matthew 1 we see "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."  We also see the genealogies from Adam to Noah and from Noah to Abraham.  Why would we need this information, other than God showing us the time period since Creation and Adam?

If an old earth believer can get around that, I'm fine with it.  Personally, I believe everything was created in its mature state INCLUDING the earth itself.  Was it made to look old to deceive us?  No.  It was made at the perfect stage in its existence to support life and to give us all the resources we need.  What I do NOT believe in is a single original progenitor.  Evolution taught as a common origin is indisputably contrary to the word of God. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.59
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Eli1 said:

I wish i lacked self-awareness like you, but no such luck for me. 

Can you address anything other than ME?

Ill leave you with parting bit of advice:  When all else fails, turn to God through Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

2 minutes ago, FJK said:

Can you address anything other than ME?

Ill leave you with parting bit of advice:  When all else fails, turn to God through Jesus.

It's difficult because like i said, when you're isolated and lack self awareness you have no idea about yourself. 

So yourself is: Why call yourself Christian if you approach God through new-age thinking?

How do you expect me to respond to this?

I tried by telling you that you're also stuck in your bubble by conflating politics with God but i don't think you understood that. I also tried to tell you that everyone doesn't operate according to your mind, but you didn't understand that either. 

So let's just leave it at: we can't understand each-other despite our best efforts and move on. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,399
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

@Eli1 I am trying to understand where you are coming from... do you believe each individual has in themselves a determination of who God is? 

Just now, enoob57 said:

@Eli1 I am trying to understand where you are coming from... do you believe each individual has in themselves a determination of who God is? 

Good question. 

I am not some sort of guy who thinks that God is unknown. God has revealed Himself to us through Jesus Christ. 

The question is HOW we approach God. And this turns into a my way vs your way which it shouldn't. 
God accepts us in all our broken ways. He accepts all who come to Him in ALL ways through free-will. 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

4 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Good question. 

I am not some sort of guy who thinks that God is unknown. God has revealed Himself to us through Jesus Christ. 

The question is HOW we approach God. And this turns into a my way vs your way which it shouldn't. 
God accepts us in all our broken ways. He accepts all who come to Him in ALL ways through free-will. 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Do you believe God's Word defined as Genesis - Revelation (66) books are God's Word to man?

Edited by Michael37
correction

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Do you believe God's Word defined as Genesis - Revelation (66) books are God's Word to man?

Of course, i mentioned this early. God chose people like you and me to convey a revelation and they tried to do their best to put into words, extremely complex concepts and futurists ideas into a way which can be understood by most people. 

3 hours ago, Eli1 said:

and they tried to do their best to put into words

Could you comment a bit more on this... just trying to clearly see what you are saying...

52 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Could you comment a bit more on this... just trying to clearly see what you are saying...

I'm saying that the Bible did not fall from the sky, this is what i'm saying. 
What about you? What do you believe?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Of course, i mentioned this early. God chose people like you and me to convey a revelation and they tried to do their best to put into words, extremely complex concepts and futurists ideas into a way which can be understood by most people. 

It gets a bit uncomfortable in Church when I say "I do not believe the bible is the word of God. Rather, I believe it contains the word of God." It's the words of men, inspired by God. And if I want to read the Scripture as mentioned in 2 Timothy, well, that would be the Septuagint and probably 1 Enoch. Yet a lot of that is not contained in any of the common English translations of the bible. 

• Thumbs Up 1