IGNORED

Eating Unclean Food Is an Abomination to the Lord!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I had posted this on the scriptures thread but I love how these are so confirming

Leviticus 18:5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

Neh 9:26 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

Ezekiel 20:11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.

Ezekiel 20:13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury  upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Exekiel 20:21 Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do themwhich if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

I think it has to do with God being the judge of all the earth. God gave the law for their righteousness as a nation on the earth, that was above the other nations. Because God called them out to judge certain nations (7) That were wicked.. And by those means they inherited the land. like Abraham said

Ge 18:25  That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
And when they behaved like those nations it blasphemed God.

Rom 2:23  Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24  For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
It made God out to be an unjust judge. And, potentially a liar that does not keep his oath to their fathers.

Dt 9:26  I prayed therefore unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.
27  Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin:

What the nations would say concerning God's oath to Abraham
28  Lest the land whence thou broughtest us out say, Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which he promised them, and because he hated them, he hath brought them out to slay them in the wilderness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 11/13/2023 at 6:25 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

Brother, ALL THIS, is not biblical, Lucifer said in his HEART, there was no laws in heaven, you are just kidding yourself here. Nowhere was laws hinted at in Heaven, or with Adam & Eve, God simply told Adam not eat of the tree of Knowledge of God & Evil, not as a Law per se, but because knowing Good & Evil placed Adam in a position to choose between the two, this allowed Satan a foot in the door. The difference is Lucifer/Satan the Red Dragon was created with this knowledge. When we hear "anti christ spirit" we do not understand what that means, God the Father, Jesus the Redeemer and the Holy Spirit are all eternal, well the anti christ/anti God spirit is also eternal, it has to be. So, that spirit seduced Lucifer. (I know this is kinda dorky, but think The Emperor being over Darth Vader). 

.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law. 

No, no no, that is not what it means brother. At the bottom I will show you what Gal. chapter 3 means in full. Here the question is being asked, why was the Law ever GIVEN if it has no ultimate value. And they are told because of Sin, because Israel refused to live like Abraham, BY FAITH, she served false gods, loved wickedness etc. etc. so God HAD to give them a law guide. But the law avails nothing. ZERO, because we can never keep the law, so we have to have an atonement. 

(v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster. 

No, all the law was a school master, the animal sacrifices was a substitute for Jesus' blood until he showed up, now he is our High Priest in Heaven, the actual Jewish High Priest used to enter the holy of holies, sprinkle the blood and Israel's sins were atoned. When Jesus died and saw Mary he told her "Touch me not" for I have not [yet] ascended to the Father [to offer the sacrifice]. Mary merely touching Jesus would have defiled the sacrifice via her sin stained hands. God is that holy.

Paul says in Romans 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. So when you quoted all the places in the Bible that do away with this animal sacrificial law, not understanding that Paul talks about two sets of law. The Royal law (Ten Commandments) and the animal sacrificial law sometimes in the same verse you bring can bring destruction to yourself not knowing which law is which. 

That is a whole different chapter, one would need to read in context. We never know what the other party is asking in these epistles. So, if they asked can we sin freely since God forgives and we are forgiven by FAITH ALONE, then Paul would have to teach them why we now live by FAITH and not by the Laws of Moses. He seems to be saying we are made whole in Jesus by Faith, and thus in our hearts, in the spirit we desire to keep these same Laws........BUT, he is still not saying we are justified, in any way, by these laws, just as God promised unto Israel, there will be a day (after they except Jesus) where they keep the laws in their HEARTS !! Because God writes the laws upon their hearts, in the spirit. So, God's holy ways are written upon our hearts, so Paul is saying, do not become Roman Catholics TOO SOON (smile), thinking you can WILFULLY SIN, and God will forgive you, if one sins, then asks forgiveness, knowing he will do the same thing again next week, psstt, God does not forgive a person who asks that he may consume it upon his own lusts. 

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

God is no fool, if men ask forgiveness, without a proper TURNING from ones sins, God does not forgive our sins in those cases. 

-----------------------------------

Gal. 3 in general is Paul rebuking the Galatians for living by the FLESH (Law) instead of by the SPIRIT ( Faith). He says who has bewitched or fooled you into this. He then tells us how Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, which of course is AUTO CONDEMNATION or a Death Sentence. Then Paul says the Law, which came 430 years after the promise can not VOID the Promise !! And he says if the inheritance is of the Law then it is no longer a PROMISE. This is when the question comes, well why was the Law given? And Paul answers, because of transgressions or sin, UNTIL THE PROMISE CAME !! (Caveat of all caveats)

Then Paul asks, well is the Law against the promises of God? God forbid, or no not per se, for.........IF...........there had been a law given which could have given life (meaning no Law could give life, only THE PROMISE) truly, Righteousness would have come by the Law, but Righteousness can only come by the Promise or via Jesus Christ and his blood atonement. Then Paul says the Law was only a schoolmaster to bring us unto Jesus (The PROMISE) which is what gives us our Righteousness, Abraham believed God, it was therefore accounted unto him for Righteousness.  

Gal. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So, have you added this whole passage up yet? Paul is NOT saying we are all one in Christ Jesus. He is saying we all must come unto Christ by FAITH ALONE, both Jews an Greeks, Males and Females. He is saying we can not get to heaven by observing the LAW, but only by FAITH in Christ Jesus is our Righteousness attained. So, Paul is not saying Jews and Greeks are all one and the same anymore than he's saying that males and females are now all the same sex. 

He is rebuking the Galatians who were trying to be "Jews" in order to make it unto heaven, some Jewish Christians had come in and subverted the Gospel by telling them they must also observe the Jewish Laws, and Paul was like, hey foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you into trusting the the FLESH (Law) over the Spirit (Faith) ? So, when he says there is neither Jew nor Greek, Male nor Female, he is only speaking about how we come unto Christ Jesus, by FAITH ALONE, not by observing Laws. In other words STOP trying to be Jewish in order to make it to heaven, God sees only OUR FAITH.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

The very beginning of the sermon on the mount makes the matter clear.

"For verily verily I say unto you till heaven and earth pass
one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the law
until all be fulfilled."

The context is the law, the Torah is what He is referring to.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of the least commandments
of the law, and shall teach men so shall be called least
in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever will do and teach
them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Notice that both end up in the kingdom of heaven,
the verse has been re-translated such
that one could think He is referring to His own teachings,
but it should be clear from verses 17-18 that He is referring
to the law.

[Here is the Orthodox Jewish Bible translation
Therefore, whoever annuls one of the least of these mitzvot (divine commandments given by Hashem to Moshe Rebbenu) and so teaches Bnei Adam, shall be called katon (least) in the Malchut HaShomayim; but whoever practices and teaches them, this one will be called gadol (great) in the Malchut HaShomayim.]

In 19 He is speaking about the whole Torah,
not about the teachings He is about to give.
The point of the message is that to get into heaven,
we have to at least do what He says to do,
to live the way that He teaches.

"For I say unto you, That except
your righteousness exceeds the righteousness
of the scribes and Pharasees (they had only outward righteousness)
you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven"

5:20

And then He goes on to explain what He means.
For example looking at a woman and imagining yourself in bed with her
is the same as adultery. The renewing of your mind is what Jesus taught.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
11 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

The very beginning of the sermon on the mount makes the matter clear.

"For verily verily I say unto you till heaven and earth pass
one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the law
until all be fulfilled."

The context is the law, the Torah is what He is referring to.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of the least commandments
of the law, and shall teach men so shall be called least
in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever will do and teach
them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Notice that both end up in the kingdom of heaven,
the verse has been re-translated such
that one could think He is referring to His own teachings,
but it should be clear from verses 17-18 that He is referring
to the law.

[Here is the Orthodox Jewish Bible translation
Therefore, whoever annuls one of the least of these mitzvot (divine commandments given by Hashem to Moshe Rebbenu) and so teaches Bnei Adam, shall be called katon (least) in the Malchut HaShomayim; but whoever practices and teaches them, this one will be called gadol (great) in the Malchut HaShomayim.]

In 19 He is speaking about the whole Torah,
not about the teachings He is about to give.
The point of the message is that to get into heaven,
we have to at least do what He says to do,
to live the way that He teaches.

"For I say unto you, That except
your righteousness exceeds the righteousness
of the scribes and Pharasees (they had only outward righteousness)
you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven"

5:20

And then He goes on to explain what He means.
For example looking at a woman and imagining yourself in bed with her
is the same as adultery. The renewing of your mind is what Jesus taught.

This is interesting too speaking of the least in the Kingdom of heaven in both of these verses, Luke 7:28 is the same as Mat 11:11 which is why I did not post the third one.

For example here

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least  G1646  in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

And here

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least G3398 in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. (Same as Luke 7:28)

The two words for the least are below

Mat 5:19 G1646  least= elachistos (adjective)

https://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1646&t=KJV

1. smallest least

1. in size

2. in amount: of management of affairs

3. in importance: what is the least moment

4. in authority: of commandments

5. in the estimation of men: of persons

6. in rank and excellence: of persons

Mat 11:11 & Luke 7:28  G3398 least =mikros (adjective)

https://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3398&t=KJV

1. small, little

1. of size: hence of stature, of length

2. of space

3. of age: less by birth, younger

4. of time: short, brief, a little while, how little!

5. of quantity: i.e. number, amount

6. of rank or influence

Edited by AFlameOfFire
Added in Luke 7:28

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

20 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I don't believe in Jesus and was merely correcting you about duck being kosher.

Oh...then who do you believe in?

19 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Brother, ALL THIS, is not biblical, Lucifer said in his HEART, there was no laws in heaven, you are just kidding yourself here. Nowhere was laws hinted at in Heaven, or with Adam & Eve, God simply told Adam not eat of the tree of Knowledge of God & Evil, not as a Law per se, but because knowing Good & Evil placed Adam in a position to choose between the two, this allowed Satan a foot in the door. The difference is Lucifer/Satan the Red Dragon was created with this knowledge. When we hear "anti christ spirit" we do not understand what that means, God the Father, Jesus the Redeemer and the Holy Spirit are all eternal, well the anti christ/anti God spirit is also eternal, it has to be. So, that spirit seduced Lucifer. (I know this is kinda dorky, but think The Emperor being over Darth Vader). 

No, no no, that is not what it means brother. At the bottom I will show you what Gal. chapter 3 means in full. Here the question is being asked, why was the Law ever GIVEN if it has to ultimate value. And they are told because of Sin, because Israel refused to live like Abraham, BY FAITH, she served false gods, loved wickedness etc. etc. so God HAD to give them a law. But the law avails nothing. ZERO, because we can never keep the law, so we have to have an atonement. 

No, all the law was a school master, the animal sacrifices was a substitute for Jesus' blood until he showed up, now he is our High Priest in Heaven, the actual Jewish High Priest used to enter the holy of holies, sprinkle the blood and Israel's sins were atoned. When Jesus died and saw Mary he told her "Touch me not" for I have not [yet] ascended to the Father [to offer the sacrifice]. Mary merely touching Jesus would have defiled the sacrifice via her sin stained hands. God is that holy.

That is a whole different chapter, one would need to read in context. We never know what the other party is asking in these epistles. So, if they asked can we sin freely since God forgives and we m are forgiven by FAITH ALONE, then Paul would have to teach them why we know live by FAITH and not by the Laws of Moses. He seems to be saying we are made whole in Jesus by Faith, and thus in our hearts, in the spirit we desire to keep these same Laws........BUT, he is still not saying we are justified, in any way, by these laws, just as God promised unto Israel, there will be a day (after they except Jesus) where they keep the laws in their HEARTS !! Because God writes the laws upon their hearts, in the spirit. So, God's holy ways are written upon our hearts, so Paul is saying, do nit become Roman Catholics TOO SOON (smile), thinking you can WILFULLY SIN, and God will forgive you, if one sins, then asks forgiveness, knowing he will do the same thing again next week, psstt, God does not forgive a person who asks that he may consume it upon his own lusts. 

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

God is no fool, if men ask forgiveness, without a proper TURNING from ones sins, God does not forgive our sins in those cases. 

-----------------------------------

Gal. 3 in general is Paul rebuking the Galatians for living by the FLESH (Law) instead of by the SPIRIT ( Faith). He says who has bewitched or fooled you into this. He then tells us how Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, which of course is AUTO CONDEMNATION or a Death Sentence. The Paul says the Law, which came 400 years after the promise can not VOID the Promise !! And he says if the inheritance is of the Law then it is no longer a PROMISE. This is when the question comes, well why was the Law given? And Paul answers, because of transgressions or sin, UNTIL THE PROMISE CAME !! (Caveat of all caveats)

The Paul asks, well is the Law against the promises of God? God forbid, or no not per se, for.........IF...........there had been a law given which could have given life (meaning no Law could give life, only THE PROMISE) truly, Righteousness would have come by the Law, but Righteousness can only come by the Promise or via Jesus Christ and his blood atonement. Then Paul says the Law was only a schoolmaster to bring us unto Jesus (The PROMISE) which is what gives us our Righteousness, Abraham believed God, it was therefore accounted unto him for Righteousness.  

Gal. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So, have you added this whole passage up yet? Paul is NOT saying we are all one in Christ Jesus. He is saying we all must come unto Christ by FAITH ALONE, both Jews an Greeks, Males and Females. He is saying we can not get to heaven by observing the LAW, but only by FAITH in Christ Jesus is our Righteousness attained. So, Paul is not saying Jews and Greeks are all one and the same anymore than he's saying that males and females are now all the same sex. 

He is rebuking the Galatians who were trying to be "Jews" in order to make it unto heaven, some Jewish Christians had come in and subverted the Gospel by telling them they must also observe the Jewish Laws, and Paul was like, hey foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you into trusting the the FLESH (Law) over the Spirit (Faith) ? So, when he says there is neither Jew nor Greek, Male nor Female, he is only speaking about how we come unto Christ Jesus, by FAITH ALONE, bit be observing Laws. In other words STOP trying to be Jewish in order to make it to heaven, God sees only OUR FAITH.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.

Paul said in (Heb. 6:10-11) (v.10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. (v.11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to full assurance of hope unto the end: God is not going to forget your works, nor your labor of love toward his name. But you need to show these same works diligence to have full assurance of hope unto the end. Hope of what? Hope of eternal life. To the end of what? To the end of your life or to the coming of the Lord. 

21 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Fortunately, I am a gentile Christian and not a Jewish man. Therefore I am not subject to the mosaic laws which were created solely for Israel and the Jewish people. Therefore I can eat meat and pork if I wish. If I needed any more confirmation of that, Paul specifically told new believers who were Jews that it was totally fine to eat whatever was set before them. He said this knowing full well that they would be eating gentile foods that included pork.

Sorry that type of thinking is over with, and there no such thing as Jewish according the Bible. In the scriptures it's written in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Paul says in Ephesians 2: 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 hours ago, Mr. M said:

I know the Torah well brother, it is the wisdom of God. It is not a path to righteousness. I am from Louisiana, and I don't eat shrimp or crabs because they are nasty. The world has advanced knowledge and understanding concerning diet which confirms what God has always known. Preaching the Law contradicts the apostolic doctrine. The Holy Spirit is the Lord, and the Voice by which we know God. That is where every believer's heart, mind, soul, and strength should be directed. Not towards the uncleanness of eating road kill. Not in keeping a Law that was given to separate a people from heathen influence, and defile the land given them. The Presence of the Lord is in the heart, and our sanctification is actually much stricter in remaining unspotted by the world. Our Law is Charity, from a sincere heart, and a born again purified soul.

1 Peter 1:

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed. 

Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father. 

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9) 

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.) 

On 11/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, Mr. M said:

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Galatians 5:

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 

7 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh;

and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Ezekiel 36:

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you;

I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh

and give you a heart of flesh. 

27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes,

and you will keep My judgments and do them. 

28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; 

you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 

29 I will deliver you from all your uncleanness.

Romans 8:

1 There is therefore now no condemnation

to those who are in Christ Jesus, 

who do not walk according to the flesh,

but according to the Spirit.

4 that the righteous requirement of the law

might be fulfilled in us who do not walk

according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God

these are sons of God. 

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again 

to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption

by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit

that we are children of God.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty

by which Christ has made us free, and do not be

entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

I agree with all that, but with all that being said, we must still the commandments, statues and judgements. Jesus said in (Matt. 19:16-17) (v.16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? That’s what we are all trying to obtain correct, eternal life? (v.17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Now if you want to enter into eternal life you most keep the commandments. Sounds like a little work to me.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Content Per Day:  1.60

4 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Sorry that type of thinking is over with, and there no such thing as Jewish according the Bible. In the scriptures it's written in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Paul says in Ephesians 2: 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

If Christians were supposed to follow kosher law, then the apostles would have mentioned it. Yet Paul told believers on multiple occasions that it doesn't matter what we eat. The ONLY prohibition on food was to not eat food sacrificed to idols. There's no command for Christians to be kosher. Every command given for kosher was specifically given to Israel.