Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Why did Nebuchadnezzar decide to have his ceremony in the plains of Dura?

He could have had it anywhere including within his great city of Babylon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

I'm sure after 5 years study on Daniel, you will have an interesting reason. I would go for the most practical. In a "plain" the image can be easily seen, easily seen from afar, and there would be much space for crowds to gather and be viewed others to see who is reluctant.

The All-mighty wrote it so it must be important.

Just now, AdHoc said:

I'm sure after 5 years study on Daniel, you will have an interesting reason. I would go for the most practical. In a "plain" the image can be easily seen, easily seen from afar, and there would be much space for crowds to gather and be viewed others to see who is reluctant.

The All-mighty wrote it so it must be important.

Thank you very much for your kind words!! And you are certainly correct!!!!!!

Now, if you do not mind, I would like to draw your attention to the purpose of Nebuchadnezzar constructing “his” version if the chapter 2 metal man image. 

In other words, what was he trying to accomplish? (Not trying to be difficult or a smart _ _ _. Just wanting to try and see what / why Nebuchadnezzar would do the things he did.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,947
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you very much for your kind words!! And you are certainly correct!!!!!!

Now, if you do not mind, I would like to draw your attention to the purpose of Nebuchadnezzar constructing “his” version if the chapter 2 metal man image. 

In other words, what was he trying to accomplish? (Not trying to be difficult or a smart _ _ _. Just wanting to try and see what / why Nebuchadnezzar would do the things he did.

The kingdom of Babylon is represented in the third head of the seven-headed beast from the sea, with its main controlling feature being IMMORALITY. Throughout the Bible the worship of idols is classed as fornication and the indulgence of false religions and false gods as whoredom and spiritual adultery. Just as pagan nations today indulge in IDOLATRY under the influence of Satanic control, so Nebuchadnezzar as a pagan king of a pagan nation was satanically controlled to such perversion.

37 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

The kingdom of Babylon is represented in the third head of the seven-headed beast from the sea, with its main controlling feature being IMMORALITY. Throughout the Bible the worship of idols is classed as fornication and the indulgence of false religions and false gods as whoredom and spiritual adultery. Just as pagan nations today indulge in IDOLATRY under the influence of Satanic control, so Nebuchadnezzar as a pagan king of a pagan nation was satanically controlled to such perversion.

I believe you may be quoting from Revelation. And, unfortunately, I have not really gone anywhere near it… yet. 

If that is true, then I would kindly ask why the answer to the question in Daniel 3 should not be found in Daniel 3? 

Not saying that your understanding of Daniel is determined by the verses in Revelation, but I have found that so many of today’s accepted interpretations are indeed sourced from many verses in Revelation. 

So, here is some thoughts regarding this issue: Gabriel have the 4 kingdom dream to Daniel to reveal to Nebuchadnezzar. The first kingdom was Babylon with 3 more to follow. Based on the characteristics and details provided by Gabriel, this 4 kingdom structure was already fixed and determined to take place by God. 

Big picture- God is telling us there will be 4 and only these 4 kingdoms that will come upon the earth. He is revealing the future and it is certain. 

Unfortunately, we find in chapter 3 that this was unacceptable to Nebuchadnezzar. He did not accept his kingdom would be followed by 3 more kingdoms- he would not accept his kingdom would ever removed, defeated or taken away. Thus, he had to do something about it. By creating an “all golden” statue, he was effectively Eli the other kingdoms of silver, bronze and iron. He was going to change God’s plans and his kingdom would remain in power forever. 

So his strategy to stay in power and eliminate the 3 other metal kingdom’s was to construct this all gold statue. However, there is still one more thing he needed to address - the second thing that would destroy his staying in power forever. 

Even though he believed he would be successful by constructing the all gold statue, even an all gold statue would be destroyed by this large stone that would strike the metal man image. He had to deal with these as well. Consequently, he decided to construct his all gold statue in the middle of the desert (plains of Dura). This way there was no possibility of a large stone that would roll down from a tall mountain and strike the image and destroy it. There would be no possibility a stone could roll down a high mountain and continue to roll in the sand before it could reach his all gold statue. 

He thought he had created the perfect plan to stay in power by eliminating the two concerns- the coming of the 3 kingdoms and the stone striking the image. 

Of course, this also means we should not attempt to alter His plans. He has indeed revealed the future to us until His second coming. We should not attempt to “go our own way” and change the future He has decided.  This is what Nebuchadnezzar tried to do immediately after being given the dream. 

And, it is exactly what the little horn would do once they came to full power in around 500 AD. They would change God’s laws and commands, speak against His people, think to be god on earth and set up their own plan of salvation that went through them. 

2 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

I believe you may be quoting from Revelation. And, unfortunately, I have not really gone anywhere near it… yet. 

If that is true, then I would kindly ask why the answer to the question in Daniel 3 should not be found in Daniel 3? 

Not saying that your understanding of Daniel is determined by the verses in Revelation, but I have found that so many of today’s accepted interpretations are indeed sourced from many verses in Revelation. 

The Book of Daniel is one of 66 "God-breathed" books, and 5 years is not long in terms of "rightly dividing the word of truth", something in which context and common sense are necessary to avoid arriving at conclusions from one book that don't harmonise with conclusions from another.

In Daniel 3 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego deliver a strong message to Nebuchadnezzar regarding his satanically controlled attempt to subjugate the Jews to idolatry and cause them to abandon the worship of the true God. 

Dan 3: (12)  There are certain Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego; these men, O king, have not paid due regard to you. They do not serve your gods or worship the gold image which you have set up."  (13)  Then Nebuchadnezzar, in rage and fury, gave the command to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. So they brought these men before the king.  (14)  Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying to them, "Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the gold image which I have set up?  (15)  Now if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?"  (16)  Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.  (17)  If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.  (18)  But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."  (19)  Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the expression on his face changed toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

The Book of Daniel is one of 66 "God-breathed" books, and 5 years is not long in terms of "rightly dividing the word of truth", something in which context and common sense are necessary to avoid arriving at conclusions from one book that don't harmonise with conclusions from another.

Where did this come from? This is a disturbing response. 
It is clear what is going on within your mind. This is not a dialogue or sharing of thoughts and interpretations. 
You don’t have to agree with any of my interpretations- whether I spent 5 years or 5 minutes developing them . 

I think we are done here . 

31 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

In Daniel 3 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego deliver a strong message to Nebuchadnezzar regarding his satanically controlled attempt to subjugate the Jews to idolatry and cause them to abandon the worship of the true God. 

Dan 3: (12)  There are certain Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego; these men, O king, have not paid due regard to you. They do not serve your gods or worship the gold image which you have set up."  (13)  Then Nebuchadnezzar, in rage and fury, gave the command to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. So they brought these men before the king.  (14)  Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying to them, "Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the gold image which I have set up?  (15)  Now if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?"  (16)  Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.  (17)  If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.  (18)  But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."  (19)  Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the expression on his face changed toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated.

You mention in your initial comment the necessity to access other books of the Bible yet you simply restate the verses found in chapter 3.

11 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

You mention in your initial comment the necessity to access other books of the Bible yet you simply restate the verses found in chapter 3.

You asked, I answered. (See below)

14 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

The accounts of God's dealings with His People and with those that oppress them are for our edification. 

• Thumbs Up 1