• Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Haha! I can see why in a way because if you'd sign off 

God bless you.

Not me

Rather than

Fellow follower, Not me

That might be better received since the latter sign off could be mis-understood as the "joke is on me" on the fellow follower thing

So that is  a little understandable on their part if you take these things on the internet either to heart, or personally. Shouldnt matter either way, I can find the humor in though.

Peace

It’s in my signature if anyone wants to know the truth of it…

Blessings, Not me 

Edited by Not me

Guest AFlameOfFire
3 minutes ago, Not me said:

It’s in my signature if anyone wants to know….

Blessings, Not me 

I don't have them turned on, thanks! 

Blessings to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194

On 11/21/2023 at 7:12 AM, choir loft said:

The subject teeters on the edges of Gnosticism.....secret knowledge being a part....heresy of lies being a trap to be avoided.

One is known by one's fruit........  but there are a LOT of fruity people running loose in this country today.  Are all of them children of God?

Jesus said they weren't.   Why?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

As the Spirit of Christ teaches us Himself are we blessed…

May we all be abundantly blessed….

A fellow follower, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

23 hours ago, Not me said:

As the Spirit of Christ teaches us Himself are we blessed…

May we all be abundantly blessed….

A fellow follower, Not me 

There is NO SUCH THING as learning by osmosis....

but most churches today teach that which we rejected by the 3rd grade.   THIS IS the epitome of gnosticism - demonic knowledge that is not normally obtained.

Knowledge comes by study and work, not by heavenly wifi.

Anybody who believes that is a fool and a promoter of the ways of demons.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim 2:15 kjv)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, choir loft said:

but most churches today teach that which we rejected by the 3rd grade.   THIS IS the epitome of gnosticism - demonic knowledge that is not normally obtained.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim 2:15 kjv)

Gal 1:11-12  For I certify to you, brothers, that the gospel I preached was not devised by man.  (12)  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

As your understanding of your relationship with Christ is, may you be blessed as you ‘study to show yourself approved’…

As we pursue Him are we blessed….

May you be blessed in your pursuing of Him, a fellow follower, Not me 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.00
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

[G4704] spoudazo means "due diligence", and is not an academic pursuit.

This is the only place it is translated 'study' and is misleading in that regard.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g4704/kjv/tr/0-1/

It is time spent with the Lord, asking and receiving. 

This is not a pursuit of knowledge, but wisdom obtained from above,

which leads to sound comprehension.

James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

1 Corinthians 2:

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 8:1-3 Now concerning things offered to idols:

We know that we all have knowledge.       

Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

And if anyone thinks that he knows anything,

he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. 

But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, 

He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own, 

but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

James 3:13-18 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in wisdom, receive comprehension.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I think you are right.  Just as the wise may judge the foolish, but the fool cannot judge the wise.  And there is no greater wisdom than the wisdom of God.  And God gives us access to his wisdom through his Spirit in us.

I believe that all the gifts of the Spirit, including spiritual discernment do not really belong to us.  Spiritual gifts are the Spirit of God working in us.  The more we allow the Spirit of God to work in us, the greater our works will be, because they won't be our works, they will be God's works through us.

I also think that we can pray for, and receive gifts, as well as receiving more empowerment of the gifts God has already given us by praying.  But it needs to be a prayer to glorify God, not self.  And it should never be sign seeking.  This is strengthening of our relationship with God, and our Savior Jesus Christ.  The stronger the relationship, the more the Spirit of God works in, and through us.

Edited by Logostician
Accidentally hit send.
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Logostician said:

I think you are right.  Just as the wise may judge the foolish, but the fool cannot judge the wise.  And there is no greater wisdom than the wisdom of God.  And God gives us access to his wisdom through his Spirit in us.

I believe that all the gifts of the Spirit, including spiritual discernment do not really belong to us.  Spiritual gifts are the Spirit of God working in us.  The more we allow the Spirit of God to work in us, the greater our works will be, because they won't be our works, they will be God's works through us.

I also think that we can pray for, and receive gifts, as well as receiving more empowerment of the gifts God has already given us by praying.  But it needs to be a prayer to glorify God, not self.  And it should never be sign seeking.  This is strengthening of our relationship with God, and our Savior Jesus Christ.  The stronger the relationship, the more the Spirit of God works in, and through us.

Very wise words; ‘the stronger our relationship, the more the Spirit of God works in, and through us’…

As with all you wrote the relationship you with Christ shines through….. Oh to have this relationship the more, be so very blessed as He continues to grow Himself in you….

Many blessings, a fellow follower, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 11/24/2023 at 7:10 PM, Michael37 said:

Gal 1:11-12  For I certify to you, brothers, that the gospel I preached was not devised by man.  (12)  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

BIBLICAL ILLITERACY is a scandal of the post-modern church......yet several here defend it.    This is absurdity in the extreme.

How does anyone learn anything?   Education is acquired by WORK, by STUDY, by EXPERIENCE and by certification of one's peers.   It is NEVER acquired by consulting chicken bones, astral projections, the whispers of demons or false revelations by those who gaze out church windows instead of listening to the preacher.

If you need medical attention do you seek an educated experienced doctor or some witch doctor who learned their trade by being taught of demons?

If you want legal help do you seek an educated bar-certified attorney or do you wait upon the advice of some auto mechanic or bartender who just flunked out of high school?

BIBLICAL ILLITERACY results in the over use of religious buzz words and scriptural slogans employed by those who rarely know the meaning of the words they speak or write.  The reason for this is pure unadulterated LAZINESS.  Instead of composing appropriate sentences and explanations that anyone can understand these religious buzz words, such as "God is able" are thrown in the face of people who have no idea what they mean.  Indeed they come to accept that Christians are a closet group who speak only in mysterious terms that disallow anyone else from understanding.

BIBLICAL ILLITERACY is the cause of false doctrine, bogus expectations of God and the certification of church leaders who care nothing for God, the Bible or the salvation of the lost.  Chief among these are the dogmatic themes of rapture and tribulation.  The former is misunderstood and misapplied while the latter has already happened in real time in history. 

BIBLICAL ILLITERACY is prideful and denies all references to historic FACT, to scholarly INTERPRETATION and to the Bible itself as for example the application of Mosaic LAW.  (It is now acceptable in the eyes of the church to embrace the Gay Authority, lies, theft, murder and all manner of corruption from top to bottom of society.)  

Denial of Mosaic LAW now focuses upon bacon and cheeseburgers rather than immorality and the meaning of repentance - which is denied most emphatically.  The post-modern church is above all morality and defines its own regardless of God's Word.  The post-modern church displaced the throne of heaven and now declares itself to be God! As a result of - Biblical Illiteracy. 

In summation BIBLICAL ILLITERACY has led to the loss of respect of God (nobody gives a damn about Him), about the Bible (several major denominations now deny it as the singular authoritative revelation of Divine Authority) or about the lost (massive crusades, tent revivals and church involvement in spiritual development are things of the past).  Church types sit in their religious closets and admit to no one of that which God insists upon.   To justify their erroneous self-righteous bogus doctrines they assert the right of BIBLICAL ILLITERACY as legitimate, which it most emphatically is NOT.

BIBLICAL ILLITERACY is shameful and a reproach to the church, yet many here support it as something untouchable.

Even as fools walk along the road, they lack sense and show everyone how stupid they are. (Eccl. 10:3)

"You have to work hard to be that stupid." (John Wayne)

PS   Every single Christian should participate in church sponsored Bible study, taught by the pastor and no one else (as St. Paul did).  Instead Christians today get their 'knowledge' from popular imagination, self-centered nonsense and secular society.

Edited by choir loft