• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Why not? They check all the boxes covered in the study;

even beyond the original OP to follow-up posts.

They? All the boxes do not appear to even speak to the priesthood, or kingdom. Just Israel the nation of Israel. 

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.91
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

5 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

They? All the boxes do not appear to even speak to the priesthood, or kingdom. Just Israel the nation of Israel. 

Is there a problem with priests becoming obedient to the faith?

Acts 6:7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

Is there a problem with priests becoming obedient to the faith?

No, I don't think so at all. Especially since they were not heirs with Israel under the old covenant. My post never meant to indicate that it was a problem. Sorry if it did.

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Acts 6:7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Yeah. Since Hebrews explains it was priests made without an oath, therefore was not eternal. The priesthood was their inheritance, they did not inherit with Israel. But did attain to an eternal inheritance in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

No, I don't think so at all. Especially since they were not heirs with Israel under the old covenant. My post never meant to indicate that it was a problem. Sorry if it did.

Yeah. Since Hebrews explains it was priests made without an oath, therefore was not eternal. The priesthood was their inheritance, they did not inherit with Israel. But did attain to an eternal inheritance in Christ Jesus.

Temple worship was still in place, even until the end of Acts when Paul was arrested. The destruction of Jerusalem would have been quite the adjustment for them, although they should have anticipated the change based on the Lord's prophetic warnings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,057
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

19 hours ago, Mr. M said:

"temple made without hands" aka *"a new creation".

* @AdHoc

Galatians 6:

14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

I am aware that a majority understand verse 16 to mean that the New Creation is Israel. But the word "and" prevents this. "And" is a conjunction. It joins more than one thing. "Bread AND butter". Paul writes six Chapters to the Churches in Galatia CONTRASTING the things of the Church and the things of Israel. Far from making them the same, he makes them opposites. Believers who had converted from Jewry had come down to preach that it was correct to believe in Jesus but that sanctification came from keeping the Law of Moses. Paul vehemently opposes this idea and uses strong language against "the circumcision". Only in ONE point have they something in common. They have the same Mother - heavenly Jerusalem (4.26). Otherwise, the work of the Holy Spirit and that of Law are enemies. 

But we know from Romans 9:3-4 that Paul felt very sad for "his brethren according to the flesh - Israel". So after his strong words against them, he wishes blessing on (1) the New Creation AND (2) the Israel of God. If he had meant the tow to be one, he would have contradicted the whole Epistle. Grammatically Paul would have had to write;  

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, the Israel of God.

Leaving out the "and" and second "upon". But he didn't. The "New Creation" is one thing and the "Israel of God" is another.

55 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Paul writes six Chapters to the Churches in Galatia CONTRASTING the things of the Church and the things of Israel. Far from making them the same, he makes them opposites.

Hi Ad Hoc. 

I do not think they are the same.

Perhaps you mean that differently than I am understanding it.

The nation of Israel is an earthly nation, that are still called in Isaac born of promise. The Abrahamic covenant is kept by them in the outward circumcision.

The Apostolic nation, is different. We are called in Christ Jesus. Like Isaac (not same) the seed of promise.

Believers who had converted from Jewry had come down to preach that it was correct to believe in Jesus but that sanctification came from keeping the Law of Moses. Paul vehemently opposes this idea and uses strong language against "the circumcision". Only in ONE point have they something in common. They have the same Mother - heavenly Jerusalem (4.26).

This, I would have to disagree. Those unbelieving were preaching mount Sinai for Sanctification and Salvation. The wrath and curse of the law was coming. They would not repent to escape it. The rest were blinded.

But we know from Romans 9:3-4 that Paul felt very sad for "his brethren according to the flesh - Israel". So after his strong words against them, he wishes blessing on (1) the New Creation AND (2) the Israel of God. If he had meant the tow to be one, he would have contradicted the whole Epistle. Grammatically Paul would have had to write;  

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
The two are not one and the same. Unless I am understanding this wrong. Which certainly could be.

When, or where is Levi in all this? One tribe, Has no Inheritance with Israel. If the Eternal inheritance is for old covenant Israel only, where or how does Levi access this inheritance? Which way can we see this?....If by the law Israel has no inheritance with Levi, where and how do they access the inheritance to them. In the blood of the new covenant. I think we all agree there. 

Levi....The Lord is their inheritance

These are the kinds of things that seem to me anyway to be glossed over when we focus on Israel as a nation on the earth. Not All Israel is Israel. Levi, was separated from the people of Israel, not to counted among them, distinct inheritances of promise to Abraham.

Despite all that, I do believe God is going to save them, they are loved. I just don't know how it is all going to come about.

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Mr. M  you say Galatians 6:16

"This pertains to the election of grace in Christ at this present time."

Here is a thought. There is not a Jew living that can really trace their heritage since the Temple and ALL its records was destroyed in 70ce. Also Jesus stated at Matthew 21:43 that the kingdom would be taken away from the Jews and given to a nation producing its fruitage. Not on basis of Jewish decent but on faith in Jesus. 

48 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

Here is a thought. There is not a Jew living that can really trace their heritage since the Temple and ALL its records was destroyed in 70ce. Also Jesus stated at Matthew 21:43 that the kingdom would be taken away from the Jews and given to a nation producing its fruitage. Not on basis of Jewish decent but on faith in Jesus. 

Being Jewish is by circumcision. Covenantal, not just genealogical.

Joh 7:22  Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Ez 47:22  And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.
23  And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD.

Ge. 34:14  And they said unto them, We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to one that is uncircumcised; for that were a reproach unto us:
15  But in this will we consent unto you: If ye will be as we be, that every male of you be circumcised;
16  Then will we give our daughters unto you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and we will become one people.

Edited by Anne2

58 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

Romans 11:

5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 

6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Clearly many Jews were included in this election of grace, including the firstfruits.

Romans 9:

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 

23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 

24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

5 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Being Jewish is by circumcision. Covenantal, not just genealogical.

Joh 7:22  Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Ez 47:22  And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.
23  And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD.

Ge. 34:14  And they said unto them, We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to one that is uncircumcised; for that were a reproach unto us:
15  But in this will we consent unto you: If ye will be as we be, that every male of you be circumcised;
16  Then will we give our daughters unto you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and we will become one people.

@Anne2 In the NT we are in a different era as regards circumcision.......... it's not necessary.