• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

No one is born with a sin nature. We are all sinners yes. But we all have had that choice. 

Adam and Eve were created sinless, which is obvious since God pronounced the creation very good, and yet they chose to sin. Sin entered the world when Lucifer tempted Eve. That is also when Lucifer fell.

If we are born sinners, then that means God's creation is defective. If God's creation is defective then how can we be judged as sinners? It would be God's fault. There would be no justice in that. 

If someone created a robot to kill and then said to that robot, sorry, now I have to destroy you because you have killed someone, who could call that fair? Not me.

If someone thinks we are all born sinners, does that mean we are all child rapists, murderers, thieves etcetera? We have a choice in the sin we participate in.

Jesus was born and learned to choose the good from the evil. He was just like us in every way. 

Isaiah 7:15 [NIV] He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right,

I have omitted most scriptures, because they mean little to people who have no understanding of their Bibles anyway, so I have not waisted my time going through collecting them and showing them. Just like I won't bother to reply to contrary opinions, I don't see the point in arguing. We all have Bibles, but amazingly opinions/interpretations vary by massive extremes. 

Eccles. 7:29 [NIV] This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes.”

God certainly didn't create man sinful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Linkin said:

If we are born sinners, then that means God's creation is defective.

?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

Jesus is God and as such was born without sin. Therefore no final nature. However scripture does say that he was tempted in every way we are, so he clearly experienced temptation yet never sinned. I would argue of course that it was not at any time during his life possible for Jesus to sin, as God cannot sin, so how does temptation made any impact on him is unknown.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

1 hour ago, Linkin said:

No one is born with a sin nature. We are all sinners yes. But we all have had that choice. 

Adam and Eve were created sinless, which is obvious since God pronounced the creation very good, and yet they chose to sin. Sin entered the world when Lucifer tempted Eve. That is also when Lucifer fell.

If we are born sinners, then that means God's creation is defective. If God's creation is defective then how can we be judged as sinners? It would be God's fault. There would be no justice in that. 

If someone created a robot to kill and then said to that robot, sorry, now I have to destroy you because you have killed someone, who could call that fair? Not me.

If someone thinks we are all born sinners, does that mean we are all child rapists, murderers, thieves etcetera? We have a choice in the sin we participate in.

Jesus was born and learned to choose the good from the evil. He was just like us in every way. 

Isaiah 7:15 [NIV] He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right,

I have omitted most scriptures, because they mean little to people who have no understanding of their Bibles anyway, so I have not waisted my time going through collecting them and showing them. Just like I won't bother to reply to contrary opinions, I don't see the point in arguing. We all have Bibles, but amazingly opinions/interpretations vary by massive extremes. 

Eccles. 7:29 [NIV] This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes.”

I would respectfully disagree with you. Yes we do all have a sinful nature that we were born with. Obviously we were not born perfect or else the option would exist for us to save ourselves. We come out of the womb sinners not because of our choices but because of Adam's choices. I think most people would admit that they had certain sinful inclinations from the earliest times they could remember, be it violence, theft, anger, or anything else. So yes we are all born with inclinations toward things like rape, murder, theft, etc. Yes we have a choice in what sins we commit in this life, however none of us had a choice to become sinners just as we did not have a choice as to what race or sex we would be born as. You're right that God did not create sinners. Adam and Eve did that for us.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

The Bible has a lot to say about the sinful nature of humans. According to the New Living Translation of Romans 8:6-11, “letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God”

The call to repent applies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I must disagree, Romans 5:12 states we are all born in sin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/22/2024 at 2:17 PM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Jesus is God and as such was born without sin.

"He did no sin".

"In Him is no sin".

"He knew no sin".

These are all Scriptural statements which can be followed up and can make for a good Bible study.

And the wonder is that He "was made sin" for us, that those who love Him and trust Him might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

How glorious!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 12/2/2023 at 3:23 AM, Stewardofthemystery said:

I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and this topic came up.  I am already convinced by the Word and Spirit of God that the answer to this question is No.  But I am interested to hear what others think about this question.

Was Jesus born with a “sin nature,” like the rest of mankind?

Hello Stewardofthemystery, You are correct, Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 1:18

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 1/22/2024 at 11:46 AM, Linkin said:

We are born spiritual dead... separated from God Spiritually... thus we will sin when accountability comes (by our own choice)