• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, douggg said:

Charlie, you are forgetting Daniel 2:28.

28But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;      kjv

Thanks, but the term latter days does not automatically mean “end times.” The latter days for Daniel are the times of the coming Messiah. 

The fourth kingdom, the Roman Empire:

The legs of iron are the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus's first coming.   

I agree. 

The feet of iron mixed with mirey clay are the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus's second coming - in the latter days.

I don’t agree. what tells you that?

The little horn coming to power and his activities involving - the stopping of the daily sacrifice/transgression of desolation/making the temple desolate - is for the time of the end.   

I disagree. What tells you that? 

Daniel 8:17

The little horn is not the pope/papacy because...

The little horn and the ten horns are time of the end kings (leaders) of the Roman Empire in the latter days - when they will make their appearance.

I disagree. What tells you that?  The Roman Empire ended around 470AD. Chapter 7 tells us the little horn came out of the 4th beast kingdom. Therefore, the little horn had to come before 470 AD. 

Not historic kings - after all, you have said that Daniel is not a history book.

I agree. It is not a history book but God will run His plan of salvation through these 4 kingdoms. Meaning, He will only include those historical events and actors that He wants to include in His plan.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/6/2023 at 10:25 PM, douggg said:

That is not my interpretation, nor saying, nor position.

My position is the Lord's prayer.    "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is heaven".

I have no idea what you are saying here. Of course God’s will is done .. that applies to every verse in the Scriptures.

So, what does the term “latter days” mean? Does it mean the latter times after Daniel, or only end times?

Can it mean both depending on the context? 

Does God use the terms “tree,” “mountain,” “rock,” or even “son of man,” the same each time?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:
43 minutes ago, douggg said:

The feet of iron mixed with mirey clay are the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus's second coming - in the latter days.

I don’t agree. what tells you that?

Jesus returns in the latter days, 7 years after the Gog/Magog event.

In Ezekiel 38:8 and 38:16 

8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

16And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

In Ezekiel 39 is Gog/Magog, then the 7 years, then the Armageddon event in Ezekiel 39:17-20, then Jesus speaking in the text Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth, His second coming.

17 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

So, what does the term “latter days” mean? Does it mean the latter times after Daniel, or only end times?

Go to Ezekiel 38:8 and 38:16.    latter days, latter years are in those two verses of when the Gog/Magog event takes place.

In Ezekiel 39 is the Gog/Magog event, then 7 year 70th week of Daniel 9:27, then the Armageddon event of Revelation, then Jesus speaking in the text v21-29 having returned to this earth in latter days....

Bringing the kingdom of heaven to this earth to become the Kingdom of God ruling over the nations.

Which Christians pray in the Lord's prayer, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".   

13 minutes ago, douggg said:

Jesus returns in the latter days, 7 years after the Gog/Magog event.

In Ezekiel 38:8 and 38:16 

8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

16And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

In Ezekiel 39 is Gog/Magog, then the 7 years, then the Armageddon event in Ezekiel 39:17-20, then Jesus speaking in the text Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth, His second coming.

Ezekiel may be speaking of the end times but Daniel is not speaking of the end times in chapter 7. 

32 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

I disagree. What tells you that?  The Roman Empire ended around 470AD. Chapter 7 tells us the little horn came out of the 4th beast kingdom. Therefore, the little horn had to come before 470 AD. 

What Daniel 2 tells us is that the Roman Empire as the feet of iron mixed with mirey clay will be in existence in the latter years, at the time of Jesus's second coming.

The little horn and the ten kings of Daniel 7 are time of the end, because the little horn's activities of persecuting the saints in verse 25 are time/times/half times.

24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The expression time/times/half time is found in three places in the bible.

Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7, Revelation 12:14.     All three are time of the end.

8 minutes ago, douggg said:

Go to Ezekiel 38:8 and 38:16.    latter days, latter years are in those two verses of when the Gog/Magog event takes place.

In Ezekiel 39 is the Gog/Magog event, then 7 year 70th week of Daniel 9:27, then the Armageddon event of Revelation, then Jesus speaking in the text v21-29 having returned to this earth in latter days....

Bringing the kingdom of heaven to this earth to become the Kingdom of God ruling over the nations.

Which Christians pray in the Lord's prayer, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".   

As I mentioned, this term and its application to latter days (end times), does not mean the term applies to the verses in Daniel. That is why I gave you the “other” terms to show that each time a term is used one must put it into context. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Ezekiel may be speaking of the end times but Daniel is not speaking of the end times in chapter 7. 

Regarding the little horn and the ten kings in Daniel 7, Daniel is speaking of the time of the end time/times/half time persecution of the saints.    Until the dominion of the little horn is taken away as God executes judgment on him.

2 minutes ago, douggg said:

What Daniel 2 tells us is that the Roman Empire as the feet of iron mixed with mirey clay will be in existence in the latter years, at the time of Jesus's second coming.

Again, I disagree. What do you think the verses in 2:41-43 mean? 

The little horn and the ten kings of Daniel 7 are time of the end, because the little horn's activities of persecuting the saints in verse 25 are time/times/half times.

Yes, the little horn WILL persecute the saints until the time, times, and 1/2 time or 3500 years from the time God gave His Words to Moses. But this means he has been doing this since then - they are not end time events.. they WIL END AT THE TIME OF THE END.

24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The expression time/times/half time is found in three places in the bible.

Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7, Revelation 12:14.     All three are time of the end.

Yes, and they speak to the same thing each time… they are not happening AT THE END OF TIME, they will end at the end of time. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

As I mentioned, this term and its application to latter days (end times), does not mean the term applies to the verses in Daniel. That is why I gave you the “other” terms to show that each time a term is used one must put it into context. 

The context of Daniel 7:24-27 is time of the end, in the latter days, latter years - when the time/times/half time of Daniel 7:25 will take place.

You are talking 1600 years to present, since the pope/papacy being the little horn in your interpretation, coming to power in 457AD.     

Obviously, 1600 years is not the time/times/half time of Daniel 7:25.