• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just wondering what anyone thought about this subject as far as Roman-13:1-5 is concerned, and if it pretty much is an open and closed case as far as just bowing down and worshipping these "authorities" then so be it. But was really more interested in the take of someone who may actually be innocent of any major or minor "crime" but who at the same time has been subjected to these "authorities", and will really just leave it at that and am pretty sure that those who are offended by them(authorities) will speak up at some point but am also pretty sure that there are MANY more who whole-heartedly support any and ALL LAWS regardless of how unfair they may seem to be...and will just blindly trust that the Legal system is God-ordained and therefore is as infallible as the Word of God, period.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

42 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

Was just wondering what anyone thought about this subject as far as Roman-13:1-5 is concerned, and if it pretty much is an open and closed case as far as just bowing down and worshipping these "authorities" then so be it. But was really more interested in the take of someone who may actually be innocent of any major or minor "crime" but who at the same time has been subjected to these "authorities", and will really just leave it at that and am pretty sure that those who are offended by them(authorities) will speak up at some point but am also pretty sure that there are MANY more who whole-heartedly support any and ALL LAWS regardless of how unfair they may seem to be...and will just blindly trust that the Legal system is God-ordained and therefore is as infallible as the Word of God, period.

It is only as a governing body is `lawful.` And that is of course to be in line with God`s word. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

If the law was followed to the letter it would not be to bad imo. In my adult life most not all government departments are run by crooked people twisting or modifying the law not adhering to it by the letter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

I think reading about Joseph in Egypt, can give an example, the book of Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah. How these men handled the governing authority over them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Was just wondering what anyone thought about this subject as far as Roman-13:1-5 is concerned ............

What were the conditions under which those verses were written?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, FJK said:

What were the conditions under which those verses were written?

Hi FJK,

You quoted CaptWalker not me. You may want to try again so he knows you have a question for him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi FJK,

You quoted CaptWalker not me. You may want to try again so he knows you have a question for him.

Apologies, I seem to do that now and then. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Guess i was really more focused on Romans-13:4, "But if you do wrong be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain."

So what exactly does this SWORD represent as far as the types of offenses it would involve? Such as for someone who simply doesnt show up in court for a traffic violation maybe thinking it's not really that big a deal, even though a bench warrant WILL be issued and at that point you will be required to turn yourself and bond out, as well as setting a new court date. Unless you were already on probation then a bond is usually not even set and you could very well sit in jail for quite some time until the court date rolls around. Of course it all depends on how serious the charges were, but probation violation is usually always taken VERY seriously in most places/jurisdictions.

So then as a Christian it seems pretty cut and dry what the right thing to do would be in such cases, even if this "sword" is only referring to much more serious offenses? And just so you know i am speaking out of personal experience and have heard about some pretty screwed up reasons/charges people were arrested for, and it almost would make someone not respect Law enforcement in general enough to fully abide by any conditions set by the court regarding your own particular case or circumstances, without going into too much detail regarding my own situation. Lets such say its something i have really been praying hard about and will just leave it at that, since i pretty much already know what advice most people would give me.