• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hello. 

Again I am confronted with a difficult situation. I will be as clear as possible.  I have assigned homework on Google Classroom for which I must read a novel. I do not have that novel, plus the library isn't open during the weekend. One option is for me to buy that book, but unfortunately, most shopping websites don't offer it anymore. Plus in my country is quite expensive. Plus I am kinda close to the deadline of the assignment and let's not forget the delivery time. Another option is to download it online but that would be piracy and a sin in God's eyes which says "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. ". If I am correct this verse is talking about obeying the authorities and the law. Now if piracy is breaking human law isn't it also breaking God's law?  If yes, what should I do?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Piracy is a form of theft - so, yes it is against God's law.

However, many books are much cheaper to download than to buy in printed form. And there are some (mainly older novels that are out of copyright) that can be downloaded legitimately for free.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, Tony17 said:

Hello. 

Again I am confronted with a difficult situation. I will be as clear as possible.  I have assigned homework on Google Classroom for which I must read a novel. I do not have that novel, plus the library isn't open during the weekend. One option is for me to buy that book, but unfortunately, most shopping websites don't offer it anymore. Plus in my country is quite expensive. Plus I am kinda close to the deadline of the assignment and let's not forget the delivery time. Another option is to download it online but that would be piracy and a sin in God's eyes which says "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. ". If I am correct this verse is talking about obeying the authorities and the law. Now if piracy is breaking human law isn't it also breaking God's law?  If yes, what should I do?

I can only suggest that you contact your tutor ans 3xplain the situation.

If you can obtain a copy of the book ( from another student ? ) then you'll  get 3xtra time to complete  the assignment, otherwise you will fail this part of your course

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,336
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Tony17 said:

Hello. 

As Deborah mentioned, the book might possibly be in "public domain" now....therefore free to use.

P.S.  Next time allow more time for your assignment. :)

• Thumbs Up 2