• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 12/10/2023 at 10:30 AM, choir loft said:

So what is true?

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

These things says He who is holy, He who is true,

He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts,

and shuts and no one opens.

John 3:33 He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.

John 7:

16 Jesus answered them and said, My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 

17 If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine,

whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. 

18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks

the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.

28 Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, You both know Me,

and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself,

but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. 

29 But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent Me.

John 8:

14 Jesus answered and said to them, Even if I bear witness of Myself,

My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going;

but you do not know where I come from and where I am going

15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 

16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone,

but I am with the Father who sent Me

17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 

18 I am One who bears witness of Myself,

and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.

19 Then they said to Him, Where is Your Father?

Jesus answered, You know neither Me nor My Father. 

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

I do believe Jesus is God. There are no limitations on Him. He designed a perfect way to become the only sacrifice that would take away our sin. 

Shalom, Charlie!

On this last day of Chanukkah (spell that any way you wish), I hope you have a GREAT day! Now, I'm looking forward to Christmas! Hey! Who says you can't celebrate both?! I'm a Messianic Jew!

Anyway, I think if you investigate it a little better, I think you may come to a different conclusion, as I did. Sure, Yeeshuwa` is the SAME PERSON who was God the Word; so, those memories are intact and His fellowship with His Father is unequalled.

HOWEVER, He could not STAY that way in the TRANSFORMATION! John said,

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (andwe beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten ofthe Father,) full of grace and truth.

I don't use the word "incarnation" because I don't believe it that way: The Word was not PUT INTO a fleshly body; He "BECAME FLESH!"

Again, Paul gave us this in Philippians:

Philippians 2:5-11 (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God (as the Word), thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

That word "name" can also refer to His "authority." So, He has been given an AUTHORITY that was above every other authority, that at the authority of Yeeshuwa` every knee shall bow, and that every tongue should confess (admit) that Yeeshuwa` the Messiah is Lord; that is, their KING, and this will give God His Father the glory or fame!

He is the “I am.”

During the time before His birth, that is true. "Before Avraham was, I AM."

He is the Alpha and the Omega.

Actually, if you will follow the text closely, you will find that His FATHER is the Alpha and the Omega. That's not a title the Messiah was given.

He is the Word made flesh. In the beginning was the Word. It (He) was not made “in the beginning,” He was in the beginning.

No, but as Yeeshuwa`, He was MADE at His CONCEPTION!

The 4 Gospels reveal God (Jesus) in 4 different ways:

1) Matthew  - as the Messiah, 

2) Mark - as the suffering servant,

3) Luke - as a man,

4) John - as the Word, the Word was God.

Jesus was all 4 of these and so much more. God did not create Jesus or these 4, He is the only One who could present Himself to us in these 4 ways. 

I'd say that "as the Messiah" should also include that "Messiah" means "Anointed to be KING." Matthew pictures Him AS the COMING KING!

Yes, the Word was God, but in His Conception, when the Word was made flesh and named "Yeeshuwa`," He became the SON of God.

It is impossible to understand our God .. but He revealed Himself in many ways to us in ways we could possibly understand Him (physically and spiritually). 

Right! This is why we need Yeeshuwa` to be our MEDIATOR! (Gal. 3:19-20; 1Tim. 2:5; Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

not keeping up

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 12/13/2023 at 4:49 AM, Who me said:

As retobyter has said Truth is Jesus.

You rejected that saying a secular world does not recognise Jesus.

You also make a blanket claim that churches tear up God's law. So what, an unknown offence committed  by unknown parties on unknown dates, is laughable.

That a secular world does not recognise  Jesus is to be expected, they are following there master the devil.

Your accusation of churches sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

It is not churches God is interested in but people.

Churches deny God's Holy LAW...to the point of lunacy and indiscriminate obsession.   Nobody teaches the need for repentance and nobody teaches the fact that the LAW still stands.   Churches today arrogantly teach hostility toward the LAW and anyone who suggests it ought to be respected and applied to one's life with Christ.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy don't believe in anything except their well-being and office". (Adolph Hitler)

Truer words were never spoken for today we see many church leaders embracing politically correct agendas and immoral behavior as a standard for faith.  The parsons always have one hand on the Bible and the other in someone else's pocket or pants.  This much is true.  I've personally seen it over and over again.  Nobody cares about PEOPLE.  

Who then do the people seek as a shepherd for their lives?

If they can't find it in church they will seek it elsewhere.

These are undeniable facts of our post-modern society and apostate church.

I have been in the trenches of deliberate church mismanagement.   My warnings are true and accurate as any one who exercises a modicum of effort will discover for themselves.

Laziness isn't acceptable in pursuit of God's kingdom.   If anything we are to run toward it as fast as we can.  (1 Corinthians 9:26)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
punctuation

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 12/13/2023 at 4:49 AM, Who me said:

It is not churches God is interested in but people.

In this do I agree with you....God is no longer interested in churches.

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4:17-18)

Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons, influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron. (1 Timothy 4:1-2)

The glory has departed ......” (1 Samuel 4:21)

The church has turned its back upon God and God's LAW and is now enamored of the corrupt relevancy of secular society, of its sexual aberrations and its debauchery.  God no longer visits most churches.  Their prayers are not heard by God. (John 9:31)

This is also why Messianic Judaism is enjoying a resurgence not seen in the world since the 1st century.  God's blessing is upon His people Israel NOT THE CHURCH. (*)

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; (Revelation 18:4)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) It is commonly and mistakenly taught today in our post-modern churches that the church saves, not Jesus Christ...that the church is God, not the Lord of Hosts...and that the church has replaced Israel as the chosen people, which it most certainly is NOT.   The modern State of Israel is the revived nation predicted by Ezekiel 37.  Those that insist otherwise are not in accord with God's Word, the unbiased record of recent history or God's plan of redemption ... including the soon return of Messiah Y'shuah.  

Edited by choir loft