• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1992

I want to delete this post but can't seem to figure out how. 

Edited by bbbshuaw
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Learn to take God at His Word.   Just trust what the Lord says in His Word.   That is having faith in His Word.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 minutes ago, bbbshuaw said:

I'm always having intense worry/fear over salvation. Whether or not I am truly saved or if I  have the Holy Spirit or not.  I don't know how to overcome this, I feel condemned so often it ruins my life. I don't know what to do, I have prayed, fasted so much over this. I have lost the joy of my salvation, my fellowship with God. Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't know what else to do and it crushes me and makes me feel hopeless. 

Not to seem rude @bbbshuaw, but you have posted extensively on this before and been given heaps of feedback. I'm tempted to suggest you get a new hobby but that would be rude so I will post these verses for you to apply . . .

Heb 12:1-2  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  (2)  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• bbbshuaw changed the title to thank you Michael

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

41 minutes ago, bbbshuaw said:

I can delete the thread if you want.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, bbbshuaw said:

In 1 John, John gives a seven-question test on the assurance of your Salvation. It is a short book, please read it and do a self-examination answering the questions John brings up about your Salvation.

Also, this is a true story. The same question you asked posed to R. C. Sproul, and his response to the man who asked it, to paraphrase:

Do you love the Lord perfectly, with all your heart, soul, and mind, everything in you?

The man’s honest, self-examined response: NO.

Do you love the Lord as much as you should?

The man’s honest, self-examined response: NO.

Well, do you at least love Jesus just a little? Sproul asks.

The man responds, YES.

My point is that many of us have been there and done that. Satan wants to take the joy of our Salvation away from us. Belief, faith, trust, and assurance start off the size of a grain kernel with many of us, and then they blossom and grow into maturity. We all have doubts from time to time; I do anyway. Those fiery darts Satan throws at us.

Have you noticed a life change (it may not be a big one at first), an awareness of sin that you no longer want to do, a change in your want to’s since you were saved?

The fact that you are worried suggests you are saved. Listen carefully to your inner self, is the Holy Spirit talking to your spirit inside of you. Do you get thoughts about lying or doing something sinful, and that little voice in your head says to you, no, and stops you in your tracks from doing it?