• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

My previous posting should explain your last scripture. I would like to comment of the first two.

There are TWO attributes of God's Kingdom.
1. Luke 19:12 shows that Christ receives the Kingdom AND RETURNS. And He, in turn, gives it to us who overcome (Lk.22:29). That is, though it is called "The Kingdom of God", it is MANAGED by a MAN - The Second Adam. Until HE gives us the Kingdom, the earth is under another "Prince". For the Church it is HOSTILE. And so we are truly "strangers and pilgrims". But this will change abruptly when Armageddon is won.
2. Christ has PREEMINENCE in ALL things. He gets the Kingdom FIRST. Then only do we get it. Until Christ returns we are strangers in OCCUPIED TERRITORY.

The next verse says that these men and women of faith seek (present continuous tense) a "homeland". The home land is defined here as THE EARTH because the Land they could have returned to was either Chaldea (Abraham) or Egypt (Moses). These two "countries" typify the economy and religion of the world - idol worship. Both these lands had a River which watered it, but the water had to be pumped UP by human effort (Deut.11:10). The Land of Canaan received its water FROM HEAVEN (the early and the latter RAIN). So, in the INTERIM, the Land of the faithful is NOT EGYPT or CHALDEA, NOR is it Canaan because the "cursed ones" still rule. But we live in it so we are "pilgrims"

But this is not all. Israel seventh generation after Abraham, took possession of Canaan but it could never be "an everlasting possession" - because another Covenant - that of Sinai, hindered Israel because it addressed the flesh. But Ezekiel 37 shows that the FIRST STEP in Israel fulfilling the Promises, is RESURRECTION. Then follows the regrouping of BOTH HOUSES of Israel from all the Nations to which they were dispersed And when this is done, the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-33 is intiated (with both Houses becoming ONE)

There is the kingdom/rule of God on earth, however God made and owns much more than that. 

Christ is `far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, (ever Lucifer/Satan) not only in this age but also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

Christ`s seat of authority and power in the third heaven is far above where Lucifer ruled and where he was cast out to. Let us not try and bring the Lord down to our level.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Lucifer`s Throne in the Third Heaven.

`You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of the fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created till iniquity was found in you.` (Ez. 28: 14 & 15)

`For you said in your heart, “I will ascend into heaven, (God`s throne) I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels) of God, …` (Isa. 14: 13)

Lucifer`s Throne in the Universal Realm.

`Therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God…` (Ez. 28: 16)

Lucifer was cast out of the third heaven to the Universal realm where he usurped the authoritative position there – Principalities and Powers.

`For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.` (Eph. 6: 12)

`…to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air.` (Eph. 2: 1)

God made this authoritative position.

`For by Him (Christ) all things were created …..whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers… created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1 : 16)

Lucifer`s Throne on Earth.

Satan the accuser (the devil, serpent of old and dragon) will be cast out of the universal heaven to the earth in the middle of the tribulation.

`Therefore rejoice O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.` (Rev. 12: 12)

`The dragon gave him (anti-Christ) his power, his throne, and great authority.` (Rev. 13: 2)

image.png.1122b84db39e85a539bec9884f7104d9.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

ucifer`s Throne in the Third Heaven.

`You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of the fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created till iniquity was found in you.` (Ez. 28: 14 & 15)

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`Therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God…` (Ez. 28: 16)

The teaching that "the king of Tyre" is Lucifer (a made-up Latin word) = Satan is commonly stated as fact, but has no scriptural support. In Ezekiel 28:18-19, God says,

18 “You defiled your sanctuaries

By the multitude of your iniquities,

By the iniquity of your trading;

Therefore I brought fire from your midst;

It devoured you,

And I turned you to ashes upon the earth

In the sight of all who saw you.

19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;

You have become a horror,

And shall be no more forever.” ’ ”

This spirit of Tyre is history, past tense, done for; nothing to do with Satan at all. Don't be fooled by translations that make this passage future tense: the Hebrew is grammatically past tense. The KJV translators blew the translation, something not all that uncommon, despite people's claims of it's accuracy.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

36 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The teaching that "the king of Tyre" is Lucifer (a made-up Latin word) = Satan is commonly stated as fact, but has no scriptural support. In Ezekiel 28:18-19, God says,

It devoured you,

This spirit of Tyre is history, past tense, done for; nothing to do with Satan at all. Don't be fooled by translations that make this passage future tense: the Hebrew is grammatically past tense. The KJV translators blew the translation, something not all that uncommon, despite people's claims of it's accuracy.

Any time a spiritual entity is addressed in scripture, people tend to go straight to

Satan, or "the devil", rather than understanding that there are many powers

that defile the heavenlies and wield influence over those who are not "born of God".

Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,

against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,

against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I have used the city of my birth as an illustration. In New Orleans, 

there are at least 3 major principalities we call the "three R's";

Race, Religion, and Revelry.

Race maintains divisions.

Revelry unites in debauchery.

Religion mostly fails, in maintaining the divisions

established by race, but in the Spirit filled church I attended

in Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans, one could find people

of all races and walks of life. As Paul taught, Christ breaks

down all divisions.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Lucifer`s Throne in the Third Heaven.

`For you said in your heart, “I will ascend into heaven, (God`s throne) I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels) of God, …` (Isa. 14: 13)

Lucifer was cast out of the third heaven to the Universal realm where he usurped the authoritative position there – Principalities and Powers.

`For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.` (Eph. 6: 12)

`…to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air.` (Eph. 2: 1)

God made this authoritative position.

`For by Him (Christ) all things were created …..whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers… created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1 : 16)

Lucifer`s Throne on Earth.

Satan the accuser (the devil, serpent of old and dragon) will be cast out of the universal heaven to the earth in the middle of the tribulation.

`Therefore rejoice O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.` (Rev. 12: 12)

`The dragon gave him (anti-Christ) his power, his throne, and great authority.` (Rev. 13: 2)

image.png.1122b84db39e85a539bec9884f7104d9.png

I disagree that all these principalities and powers are all subject to Lucifer.

If they were so united, they would be much more powerful. 

For example, if you have read accounts of the Arabs declaring war

on Israel as soon as it gained nationhood in 1948, a big part of their 

failure was the divisions among them. The Beast will bring a frightening

unity never before seen, which will "wear out" many of the saints 

who "hold the truth in unrighteousness".

On 12/24/2023 at 3:37 PM, Marilyn C said:

What is the `Better Resurrection.`

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise,

look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

No unrighteous principalities or powers. Only the sanctified ones,

"the saints in light". Colossians 1:12

3 hours ago, Mr. M said:

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise,

look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

No unrighteous principalities or powers. Only the sanctified ones,

"the saints in light". Colossians 1:12

That is `we,` but what about the `they` of Heb. 11?

3 hours ago, Mr. M said:

I disagree that all these principalities and powers are all subject to Lucifer.

If they were so united, they would be much more powerful. 

For example, if you have read accounts of the Arabs declaring war

on Israel as soon as it gained nationhood in 1948, a big part of their 

failure was the divisions among them. The Beast will bring a frightening

unity never before seen, which will "wear out" many of the saints 

who "hold the truth in unrighteousness".

Principalities and powers is a rulership position and that is what Lucifer has usurped. That is what it says in God`s word that we wrestle against.

4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

It devoured you,

The king of Tyre was certainly not `perfect in your ways from the day your were created.` (Ez. 28: 15)

The king of Tyre certainly was not `in Eden, the garden of God.` (Ez. 28: 13)

etc.....

The description goes far beyond describing an earthly king. 

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @Marilyn C John 5.29 refers to the two sorts of resurrections.