• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

What is the `something better ` for us?

`And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.` (Heb. 11: 39 & 40)

`Something better,` Greek - `keitton, meaning greater advantage, from kratos,` meaning dominion, power.

Thus, the `us,` the Body of Christ will have `something better,` a greater dominion than the Old Testament saints.

We know that the Old Testament saints were promised the city which God would bring down to the Universal realm. There they would rule with Christ over the earth.

So, what is the Body of Christ inheritance?

We have been promised to sit with Christ on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

And we read of the glorified Lord Jesus Christ set as King by the Father on Mount Zion in the third heaven.

`I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

`Behold, a throne set in heaven and one sat on the throne.` (Rev. 4: 2)

The Body of Christ will be ruling with the Lord on His own throne in the third heaven, then he will begin to put down all rule, all authority and power till finally death.

`For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26)

When that happens and after the Great White Throne judgment there will be a new Heavens and new earth.

`Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also, there was no more sea.

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of (third) heaven from God….` (Rev. 21: 1 & 2)

So, we have the Body of Christ ruling in the third heaven and then in God`s timing the Old Testament saints come down in the city to rule in the universal realm. Thus, they will be made perfect after we have been given our position in the third heaven. And on the earth Israel will rule over the nations.

Each realm that God made will then have His righteous rulership – all under the glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

image.png.73abb4e0c1f8278b9b25d3419d0ecb1d.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

"Better" is a keyword in Hebrews.

All that the Lord Jesus is in His glorious titles and work is better than anything that went before - which the Old Testament saints referred to in Hebrews 11 experienced. Indeed, in His blest Person and work at the Cross the Lord Jesus is better than anything that ever could be, for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, farouk said:

"Better" is a keyword in Hebrews.

All that the Lord Jesus is in His glorious titles and work is better than anything that went before - which the Old Testament saints referred to in Hebrews 11 experienced. Indeed, in His blest Person and work at the Cross the Lord Jesus is better than anything that ever could be, for that matter.

Hi farouk,

And a blessed Christmas to you and your family.

Yes, in Christ the blessed one we all have out inheritance - each in their own place. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Our heritage; the promises of God:

Ephesians 1:11-14 In Christ we have been given our share in the heritage, as was decreed in His design …for it was God’s will that we, who were the first to set our hope on Jesus and to praise His glory.

And, in Christ, you Christians also, once you believed and received the Holy Spirit, the promise of the inheritance that will be ours, when God has redeemed all of His  own, to His glory and praise. 

Ephesians 3:6 Through the Gospel, the Gentiles are joint heirs with the Jews, part of the same body, sharers together in the promises made through Jesus.

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit of God affirms that we are His children and if children, then also the heirs of God and fellow heirs with Jesus, but we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory.

Romans 8:19 The Created universe is waiting with eager expectation for God’s sons to be revealed.

Our greatest hope as born again Christians, is the promise of eternal life. John 3:16,Titus 3:5-7, + 

But we also inherit the Land promises, Psalms 37:29, Ezekiel 36:8-12, Ezekiel 34:11-31 It is we Christians, from every tribe, race, nation and language, that are the vast multitude seen waving palm branches in Jerusalem. Revelation 7:9

We are the ones who have passed thru the great ordeal of the Sixth Seal disaster and have earned the white garments by standing firm in our faith. Revelation 7:14

Note: in Romans 8:19, that God’s true children are not yet made known, Jesus will come with His winnowing fork and sift the wheat from the chaff. Matthew 3:12

Those  Christians who stood strong in their faith when He comes in fire, Luke 12:49, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, are the wheat that will be gathered into the granary of the holy Land. The chaff of the ungodly peoples will be as ashes under our feet. Isaiah 66:17, Malachi 4:3, 2 Peter 3:7

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 12/25/2023 at 6:13 AM, Marilyn C said:

What is the `something better ` for us?

`And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.` (Heb. 11: 39 & 40)

`Something better,` Greek - `keitton, meaning greater advantage, from kratos,` meaning dominion, power.

Thus, the `us,` the Body of Christ will have `something better,` a greater dominion than the Old Testament saints.

We know that the Old Testament saints were promised the city which God would bring down to the Universal realm. There they would rule with Christ over the earth.

So, what is the Body of Christ inheritance?

We have been promised to sit with Christ on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

And we read of the glorified Lord Jesus Christ set as King by the Father on Mount Zion in the third heaven.

`I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

`Behold, a throne set in heaven and one sat on the throne.` (Rev. 4: 2)

The Body of Christ will be ruling with the Lord on His own throne in the third heaven, then he will begin to put down all rule, all authority and power till finally death.

`For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26)

When that happens and after the Great White Throne judgment there will be a new Heavens and new earth.

`Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also, there was no more sea.

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of (third) heaven from God….` (Rev. 21: 1 & 2)

So, we have the Body of Christ ruling in the third heaven and then in God`s timing the Old Testament saints come down in the city to rule in the universal realm. Thus, they will be made perfect after we have been given our position in the third heaven. And on the earth Israel will rule over the nations.

Each realm that God made will then have His righteous rulership – all under the glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

When God made His promises to Abraham (I count 15 of them) He said plainly that Abraham would  die in a ripe age and that four future generations would live and die in a foreign land as subjects. Abraham took this with faith and on a number of occasions refused land or possessions from the hand of the cursed Canaanite. So also our Lord Jesus in His Temptation in the wilderness. He refused the Kingdoms of the world which He could claim seeing He was Creator. Both He and Abraham did not receive the Promises. Why? Because God made it clear that (i) the INHERITANCE promised would be given once the eligible ones has been resurrected, and (ii) the inheritance promised would be in a much better condition

Our Lord came in a double role. (i) He came as King of David's line, and (ii) He came as King of kings. He was to gather and restore Israel, and He was to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven promised in Daniel 2 and 4 - the end of Gentile rule of this earth. But the WAY to these blissful Kingdoms was through a single word - "REPENT". Israel must first admit their sins and somebody must pay. To this day, through all that they have suffered, they will not admit their Lawbreaking, their lack of faith and their unlawful handling of a Man Who claimed to be their Messiah.

God then turns to all men as individuals to form a New Entity. This New Man is to have the correct credentials and be trained as co-kings with Jesus. The time of training is like running a race at the Olympics. The runners train at length, eating a healthy diet and training with its attendant pain and sweat. The Christian is to take into account that he/she will suffer in the interim period like the long distance runner suffers during the race. The PRIZE is a crown that, unlike the Olympic wreath, does not fade with time.

To spur us through the various crisis that the buffeted saint will experience in their lifetime, God reveals OTHERS who have already run this race. The fulfill THREE things for us;
1. They were Witnesses. They have run the race and now rest in Hades waiting for the resurrection
2. They are a "cloud" - indicating their heavenly status - for they have earned the Kingdom of Heaven when it comes to earth
3. The earth thy inherit will be in the "regeneration" (Matt.19:28). The word means that all things hindered by the curse on the earth (thorns, drought, plagues) will be lifted because of the enforcement of lawful living on earth by a "rod of iron"

That is why Romans 8 says that the earth, which groans until now, will be left in the hands of RESURRECTED believers and enjoy LIBERTY from curse (vs. 17.23). If we were to INHERIT the earth now it would still be under curse and corruption. But if we wait for the resurrection then our incorruption is applied to the earth and we receive "a better thing". But there is a catch. We have to run our race as a winner. Inheriting a "better thing" is conditional on our FAITH and our WORKS (running -Heb.12:1). It is not salvation that is spoken of here, but the KINGDOM.

9 hours ago, Keras said:

Our heritage; the promises of God:

Ephesians 1:11-14 In Christ we have been given our share in the heritage, as was decreed in His design …for it was God’s will that we, who were the first to set our hope on Jesus and to praise His glory.

And, in Christ, you Christians also, once you believed and received the Holy Spirit, the promise of the inheritance that will be ours, when God has redeemed all of His  own, to His glory and praise. 

Ephesians 3:6 Through the Gospel, the Gentiles are joint heirs with the Jews, part of the same body, sharers together in the promises made through Jesus.

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit of God affirms that we are His children and if children, then also the heirs of God and fellow heirs with Jesus, but we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory.

Romans 8:19 The Created universe is waiting with eager expectation for God’s sons to be revealed.

Our greatest hope as born again Christians, is the promise of eternal life. John 3:16,Titus 3:5-7, + 

I agree and great scriptures and thought there.

9 hours ago, Keras said:

But we also inherit the Land promises, Psalms 37:29, Ezekiel 36:8-12, Ezekiel 34:11-31 It is we Christians, from every tribe, race, nation and language, that are the vast multitude seen waving palm branches in Jerusalem. Revelation 7:9

We are the ones who have passed thru the great ordeal of the Sixth Seal disaster and have earned the white garments by standing firm in our faith. Revelation 7:14

Note: in Romans 8:19, that God’s true children are not yet made known, Jesus will come with His winnowing fork and sift the wheat from the chaff. Matthew 3:12

Those  Christians who stood strong in their faith when He comes in fire, Luke 12:49, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, are the wheat that will be gathered into the granary of the holy Land. The chaff of the ungodly peoples will be as ashes under our feet. Isaiah 66:17, Malachi 4:3, 2 Peter 3:7

Here is where we disagree. I believe those promises are for the nation of Israel whom God will again turn to Himself. (Zech. 12: 10 etc)

The great multitude that comes out of the tribulation are in the nations, (the Body of Christ is called OUT of the nations). They will eventually go onto the new earth for the palm branches indicate the Feast of Tabernacles. That is when the Tabernacle of God comes down and shines God`s glory over the nations of the earth.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light...` (Rev. 21: 24)

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

When God made His promises to Abraham (I count 15 of them) He said plainly that Abraham would  die in a ripe age and that four future generations would live and die in a foreign land as subjects. Abraham took this with faith and on a number of occasions refused land or possessions from the hand of the cursed Canaanite. So also our Lord Jesus in His Temptation in the wilderness. He refused the Kingdoms of the world which He could claim seeing He was Creator. Both He and Abraham did not receive the Promises. Why? Because God made it clear that (i) the INHERITANCE promised would be given once the eligible ones has been resurrected, and (ii) the inheritance promised would be in a much better condition

Our Lord came in a double role. (i) He came as King of David's line, and (ii) He came as King of kings. He was to gather and restore Israel, and He was to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven promised in Daniel 2 and 4 - the end of Gentile rule of this earth. But the WAY to these blissful Kingdoms was through a single word - "REPENT". Israel must first admit their sins and somebody must pay. To this day, through all that they have suffered, they will not admit their Lawbreaking, their lack of faith and their unlawful handling of a Man Who claimed to be their Messiah.

I find it strange that you would say that Jesus did not receive the promises until .....whatever. Jesus is God and He is the one with the Father who gave the promises and will Himself fulfill them. 

Jesus means deliverer, Saviour and that is one of the roles as well as King why He came to earth.

I agree that Jesus manifested Himself as Israel`s King and offered them His rule, (of heaven, the kingdom/rule of heaven) as Dan. 2 says.

`The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed.` (Dan. 2: 44)

Jesus shortened it to `the kingdom of heaven.`  And this we see will be fulfilled through Israel after the tribulation. (Dan. 7: 27) The prophet Zechariah shows that Israel will repent. (Zech. 12: 10)

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

God then turns to all men as individuals to form a New Entity. This New Man is to have the correct credentials and be trained as co-kings with Jesus. The time of training is like running a race at the Olympics. The runners train at length, eating a healthy diet and training with its attendant pain and sweat. The Christian is to take into account that he/she will suffer in the interim period like the long distance runner suffers during the race. The PRIZE is a crown that, unlike the Olympic wreath, does not fade with time.

To spur us through the various crisis that the buffeted saint will experience in their lifetime, God reveals OTHERS who have already run this race. The fulfill THREE things for us;
1. They were Witnesses. They have run the race and now rest in Hades waiting for the resurrection
2. They are a "cloud" - indicating their heavenly status - for they have earned the Kingdom of Heaven when it comes to earth
3. The earth thy inherit will be in the "regeneration" (Matt.19:28). The word means that all things hindered by the curse on the earth (thorns, drought, plagues) will be lifted because of the enforcement of lawful living on earth by a "rod of iron"

That is why Romans 8 says that the earth, which groans until now, will be left in the hands of RESURRECTED believers and enjoy LIBERTY from curse (vs. 17.23). If we were to INHERIT the earth now it would still be under curse and corruption. But if we wait for the resurrection then our incorruption is applied to the earth and we receive "a better thing". But there is a catch. We have to run our race as a winner. Inheriting a "better thing" is conditional on our FAITH and our WORKS (running -Heb.12:1). It is not salvation that is spoken of here, but the KINGDOM.

1. The `witnesses,` are NOT in Hades, (hell) but in the General Assembly in the third heaven. (Heb. 12: 23 the just/righteous men (& women)

2. The New Jerusalem is NOT the kingdom of heaven. The Kingdom/rule of heaven was promised to the nation of Israel and, as we see in Dan. 7: 27 it will be given to them after the tribulation- the kingdom/rule of heaven for them to rule over the nations of the earth.

3. `In the regeneration` is in the new heavens and new earth, for we see the 12 disciples in the New Jerusalem ruling over the 12 tribes of Israel. (Rev. 21: 12)

The Body of Christ has never been told they will inherit the earth. That promise was to Israel. We have been promised to sit with the Lord on His throne in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I believe those promises are for the nation of Israel whom God will again turn to Himself.

They are for the Lords faithful people, Jew and Gentile and there is only one people of God. John 17:20-23

However, the majority of the Christian peoples are descended from the House of Israel, still scattered among the nations and now as many as the sands of the sea. 

Thinking that those who call themselves Jews and Israel, but are not, is serious error. They belong to the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9b

16 hours ago, Keras said:

They are for the Lords faithful people, Jew and Gentile and there is only one people of God. John 17:20-23

However, the majority of the Christian peoples are descended from the House of Israel, still scattered among the nations and now as many as the sands of the sea. 

Thinking that those who call themselves Jews and Israel, but are not, is serious error. They belong to the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9b

One people in all of God`s great kingdom but not all in the same place.

That is British Israel doctrine and not true.