• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Sounds like you were too good looking and they couldn't believe you were for real. I know a guy who accused the woman he later married that she was a catfish because he couldn't believe it lol.

Wait they were insulting you? I guess they were just jealous.

There was some severe differences in political opinions. With me being way more conservative. It dissolved in to insults, and attacking my appearance. 

Then it dissolved in to them thinking I used someone else's picture.

Then it was almost into threats, Which I had a bad dream about later in life. To which the guy that I liked at the time, Did NOT protect me!!! :20:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If one is looking for an up scaling  of personal financial assets by way  of entering into  a marriage  partnership, might consider the old adage that a partnership is the one ship that won't float.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

17 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

There was one scammer who said: I would do everything for you. I'd cross the ocean for you. I don't mind if you're poor and some other stuff or not too bright. 

And I was like: awwww that's so cute! Wait. Not too bright? Isn't that a bit offensive?

:laugh:

Can you imagine someone saying that to someone they are looking to date, etc?     Sounds like that scammer wasn't too bright!  lol

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Now I just have a rabbit for company.

LOL  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,093
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

13 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Well, I do wear makeup, And I used to apply it pretty liberally in the past.

I have a picture from my mid to later twenties, When my hair wasn't quite so thick anymore up on here, But that was a bit older then. Later twenties,. I still have just about the same amount of hair , :blink::unsure:

Trying to focus on eating healthy, and keeping my body in shape.

I would like to believe you that they thought that, But I haven't had any pursuits, or any compliments from anyone that I actually want.

If a woman can get dates, and men pursuing her, It really doesn't mean anything unless she wants them back. So, I have a really hard time believing that, especially the older I get. 

It dissolved in to insults and threats due to political opinions, With me being way more conservative.

That last guy who I thought was a sociopath, would first slime and compliment me, but when I broke up all the very nasty false accusations came and I felt so strong now. I used to care about what someone thought about me. One of the worst was: oh your kids are oh so sweet. And then: you may be happy anyone wants you with these horrible kids. But I could just answer with my superior wit, block him and not care one bit.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

That last guy who I thought was a sociopath, would first slime and compliment me, but when I broke up all the very nasty false accusations came and I felt so strong now. I used to care about what someone thought about me. One of the worst was: oh your kids are oh so sweet. And then: you may be happy anyone wants you with these horrible kids. But I could just answer with my superior wit, block him and not care one bit.

Everyone we meet is someone we can learn from.

Sometimes what we learn is the type of people we should associate with and the type of people we should avoid.

We can be grateful to God for both since they both can lead us to a better life than we would have without them, praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,093
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

5 hours ago, FJK said:

Sometimes what we learn is the type of people we should associate with and the type of people we should avoid.

We can be grateful to God for both since they both can lead us to a better life than we would have without them, praise the Lord.

He was kicked out of one church, but the other church had a pastor who did the same and got kicked out eventually, but they let him do what he wanted. Wish I wouldn't have gone to that church. I learned to not trust men who supposedly want nothing from you, cause if they really don't they leave you alone and don't lie to sneek into your house.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, FJK said:

Hi, Have to say I don't know about that one being valid. The expression; "What do we have to do with belial?" comes to mind.

I don't have need to experience a closeness to evil to learn to stay away from it. I do need to be gravitated by God toward good, to good only, and then receive the blessing of that which is good coming from and through God.

I really cannot  learn from evil; but I can be tempted by it to my great peril. So best I not experience that which is of belial.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Have to say I don't know about that one being valid. The expression; "What do we have to do with belial?" comes to mind.

I don't have need to experience a closeness to evil to learn to stay away from it. I do need to be gravitated by God toward good, to good only, and then receive the blessing of that which is good coming from and through God.

I really cannot  learn from evil; but I can be tempted by it to my great peril. So best I not experience that which is of belial.

Consider that evil is not a person, it is the people we meet that teach us not the good or evil that controls them.

There was a famous entertainer, a cowboy, back in the earlier part of the last century that once said "I never met a man I didn't like".  

I can't say that since I've met many men I didn't like during my life, but I can say one thing for sure: I've never met a man I didn't learn something from.

As you go through life consider that all you are, almost everything about your person, is something you've learned from someone else.   The more you strive to learn from everyone you meet, whether a homeless guy on the street or a President, the greater you will become and the deeper the understanding of life you will develop that will raise you to heights you could never achieve on your own, making you a greater person that you would have been otherwise.

I'll leave it at that, otherwise I'll start sounding like John Donne.

27 minutes ago, FJK said:

Consider that evil is not a person, it is the people we meet that teach us not the good or evil that controls them.

There was a famous entertainer, a cowboy, back in the earlier part of the last century that once said "I never met a man I didn't like".  

I can't say that since I've met many men I didn't like during my life, but I can say one thing for sure: I've never met a man I didn't learn something from.

As you go through life consider that all you are, almost everything about your person, is something you've learned from someone else.   The more you strive to learn from everyone you meet, whether a homeless guy on the street or a President, the greater you will become and the deeper the understanding of life you will develop that will raise you to heights you could never achieve on your own, making you a greater person that you would have been otherwise.

I'll leave it at that, otherwise I'll start sounding like John Donne.

Will Rogers made a living saying stuff like he never met a person he didn't like. A Mark Twain might add; well haven't met everybody yet.

As for myself, I need only learn what God wills of me to learn.