IGNORED

When God gathers Israel into the land of Israel.

Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

6 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

These scriptures do not say the Jews gathered to stay and live in Canaan. A great gathering took place in Jesus's time for the celebration of Sukkot, where the scattered Jews where brought together into the Lands of Israel to rejoice. We remember it today as Palm Sunday. It is just as likely this is what those particular scriptures where referring to.

Sobering to thing that whereas many cried 'Hosanna', on the occasion you refer to, yet a crowd later cried, 'Away with Him......we will not have this man to reign over us'...........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, farouk said:

Sobering to thing that whereas many cried 'Hosanna', on the occasion you refer to, yet a crowd later cried, 'Away with Him......we will not have this man to reign over us'...........

It was a gut wrenching event. I can not imagine how Jesus must of felt in the face of such a humiliating rejection. The entire global Jewish community gathered together only to shout Him down flat from the high point of His ministry. God is humble.

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

It was a gut wrenching event. I can not imagine how Jesus must of felt in the face of such a humiliating rejection. The entire global Jewish community gathered together only to shout Him down flat from the high point of His ministry. God is humble.

@Scott Free

"But none of the ransomed ever knew
  How deep were the waters crossed;
Nor how dark was the night which the Lord passed through
  Ere He found His sheep that was lost." (Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane)

• Brilliant! 1

@Scott Free

Another:

"Every mark of dark dishonor
  Heaped upon the thorn-crowned brow
All the depths of Thy heart’s sorrow
  Told in answ’ring glory now." (Miss C. Thompson)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Another:

"Every mark of dark dishonor
  Heaped upon the thorn-crowned brow
All the depths of Thy heart’s sorrow
  Told in answ’ring glory now." (Miss C. Thompson)

You are going to make me shed a tear.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

27 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

What happened to those saints in Mathew who were walking about is not written.Perhaps they went and laid back down and rest awhile longer untill their brethren die also.

Ok so that's a little better Shilohsfoal...perhaps we have a "Worthy" discussion here.

If what we read...is any indication of what "they did"...in part...we "can see" that these "saints" came back from the dead their "tombs were opened"..."many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised"...I am not being dogmatic here...that is what was recorded by Matthew and canonized (FWIW).

As we can plainly see...these once "dead saints bodies" were "raised" most likely in similar fashion to the Lord's since it was on the heels of His resurrection...because He was always going to be the First One.

Put whatever name on this event you like...it simply will not change what was "written" and that is that they "were dead...in their tombs" and "They [saints] came out of their tombs...after His [Yahshua] resurrection."

To some this could appear as a "resurrection from the dead" in that...what they were raised from was "death"...again it seems appropriate to think they were "raised to life"...this is not far fetched at all...I mean it says..."they went into the holy city and appeared to many."

Perhaps Matthew was one to which some of these "raised saints" appeared...maybe? In any case Matthew knew about this event...and recorded it as such.

If this is indeed how this event shook out..."how or why?" would anyone exclude that there were indeed "saints from Israel" who were among this number...which are they who were raised from their tombs while being in a state of physical death? 

The question is..."what is the point of excluding Israel from these "resurrections?" Which when answered brings us full circle.

Shilohsfoal...you say what happened to those saint is not written? I am ok with that...for you to believe personally...however...I believe that I can see what happened to them...and I can see it as clearly as I see that they were "raised from the dead and went into town" as I posted here and above. 

You say...Perhaps they went and laid back down and rest awhile longer untill their brethren die also." I personally...have not seen anything anywhere in scripture that even remotely suggests such a thing. You should be asking yourself why that (an argument from silence) would even matter...in light of the fact their is clear and abundant scripture and truth on the matter?

Tatwo...:)

10 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

You are going to make me shed a tear.

@Scott Free Well, I think the emphasis really is on the deep-seated appreciation of Scriptural doctrine about the Person and Work of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, tatwo said:

Ok so that's a little better Shilohsfoal...perhaps we have a "Worthy" discussion here.

If what we read...is any indication of what "they did"...in part...we "can see" that these "saints" came back from the dead their "tombs were opened"..."many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised"...I am not being dogmatic here...that is what was recorded by Matthew and canonized (FWIW).

As we can plainly see...these once "dead saints bodies" were "raised" most likely in similar fashion to the Lord's since it was on the heels of His resurrection...because He was always going to be the First One.

Put whatever name on this event you like...it simply will not change what was "written" and that is that they "were dead...in their tombs" and "They [saints] came out of their tombs...after His [Yahshua] resurrection."

To some this could appear as a "resurrection from the dead" in that...what they were raised from was "death"...again it seems appropriate to think they were "raised to life"...this is not far fetched at all...I mean it says..."they went into the holy city and appeared to many."

Perhaps Matthew was one to which some of these "raised saints" appeared...maybe? In any case Matthew knew about this event...and recorded it as such.

If this is indeed how this event shook out..."how or why?" would anyone exclude that there were indeed "saints from Israel" who were among this number...which are they who were raised from their tombs while being in a state of physical death? 

The question is..."what is the point of excluding Israel from these "resurrections?" Which when answered brings us full circle.

Shilohsfoal...you say what happened to those saint is not written? I am ok with that...for you to believe personally...however...I believe that I can see what happened to them...and I can see it as clearly as I see that they were "raised from the dead and went into town" as I posted here and above. 

You say...Perhaps they went and laid back down and rest awhile longer untill their brethren die also." I personally...have not seen anything anywhere in scripture that even remotely suggests such a thing. You should be asking yourself why that (an argument from silence) would even matter...in light of the fact their is clear and abundant scripture and truth on the matter?

The only recorded event in Matthew 27:52-53 has always fascinated me. Oddly, such an event occurred without further explanation, leaving open the interpretation. Were they made alive again (quickened) as Lazarus and several others were without glorified bodies, having to die twice?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Some say this was a token, a preview of the coming general Rapture of all saints, and were glorified and raised after Christ’s resurrection. I dun’t know…

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tatwo said:

I've read of Samuel coming up to talk to Saul and I've read of Moses and Elijah on a hill talking to Jesus and the disciples saw them.

Samuel made it clear he would remain dead because he told Saul that tomorrow you will be with me and the next day Sail.died.

15 Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”

“I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”16 Samuel said, “Why do you consult me, now that the Lord has departed from you and become your enemy? 17 The Lord has done what he predicted through me. The Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David. 18 Because you did not obey the Lord or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the Lord has done this to you today. 19 The Lord will deliver both Israel and you into the hands of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me

I expect Samuel and Saul are still buried.Though Samuel may have came out and walked around Jerusalem later.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

3 hours ago, Scott Free said:

These scriptures do not say the Jews gathered to stay and live in Canaan. A great gathering took place in Jesus's time for the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles, where the scattered Jews where brought together into the Lands of Israel to rejoice. We remember the event today as Palm Sunday. It is just as likely this is what those particular scriptures where referring to.

Do you have any verse that shows the were back during Jesus's days on earth?

Before Jesus preach on earth MOST of all tribes were carried off to other nations only a remnant was left in place. First Israel the about 50 years later Juda all before Jesus.

On Palm Sunday the one's celebrating Jesus were the remnant from around Israel and Juda not brought in fron other nations where they were carried off to.imo