IGNORED

When God gathers Israel into the land of Israel.

Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  594
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Shilohsfoal said:

I received the holy spirit Aug 31 ,1998.It was on a Monday and it was about noon .

It's not an event that is easily forgotten.

<big smiles> of course I believe you...and your passion for the Lord...Brother...:)

We need to work together to reveal the Spirit within...who is living...and God as well.

We may have much to share...you are 24 years in His Body...you have experienced many things...there is a richness of Spirit that is in you and coming forth...however...Truth is only found in the Holy Spirit...you know that.

Tatwo...:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, tatwo said:

<big smiles> of course I believe you...and your passion for the Lord...Brother...:)

We need to work together to reveal the Spirit within...who is living...and God as well.

We may have much to share...you are 24 years in His Body...you have experienced many things...there is a richness of Spirit that is in you and coming forth...however...Truth is only found in the Holy Spirit...you know that.

Yes I know that.

1 John 2:27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, tatwo said:

Concerning Lazarus…he was reportedly “made alive again”…clearly and simply put…Lazarus was called back to life by the “Word of God.” As you mentioned there is not a lot of “further explanation, leaving open the interpretation”…we know he was alive because the scripture has it that he…Lazarus…was “reclining at the table with Him””a large crowd of Jews came to see Lazarus”…and that…”the chief priests planned to put Lazarus to death also.” Those Jews were not into the resurrection…it ruined their satanic plans.

Apparently Lazarus’ resurrection from the dead caught the attention of many of the Jews who began to follow or believe in Yahshua. However…there is not much more information about Lazarus that I can find?

The thing that jumps out at me is this…”Lazarus’ resurrection from the dead” occurred prior to our Lord’s resurrection from the dead…where as...the “saints” from Matthew 27 were resurrected “after the death and resurrection of our Lord Yahshua"…anyone think that matters?

Good morning,

To recap: Again, I am only presenting some thoughts and ideas, not that they are correct, and would not argue other views, of which there are many. As I also mentioned, this was a monumental event in human history that only Matthew recounts. It is almost presented as an afterthought with little significance. We must presume the answer should be addressed elsewhere in O.T. scripture.

Both grave, tomb, and sepulcher can be translated as monument or memorial.

I used “monumental” above as a play on word meanings. Depending on the translation, grave or tomb is used twice in both verses of Matthew 27:52-53 (tomb-grave-sepulcher or chamber). The word “grave” carries the sense of below ground sleeping in the dirt. In contrast, the tomb and sepulcher carry the idea of above the soil in a chamber.

Perhaps the Jewish burial tradition from Joseph through Christ may be important. Joseph was embalmed, probably for the long journey to his sepulcher. Other than that, all instances recorded followed Hebrew tradition.

The body was anointed and wrapped to slow the process of smell and decay. The body was allowed to rot and decay above ground for roughly a year, and then another burial service was performed. If the family could afford it, after about a year, they would return to the sepulcher to collect their loved one’s bones and place them in an ossuary. This is the 2nd burial Jesus is picturing in the event below.

Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

But anyway, it is expressly said after Jesus’s resurrection. It is not said the bodies of the saints were resurrected but arose.

to enter into or to be in a state of life as a result of being raised, be raised, rise, pass. intr., of one who has died (Is 26:19; TestJob 4:9; cp. 4 Km 4:31) approaches ναστναι in mng. (cp. mss. and synopt. parallels; s. νίστημι 7) gen. νεκρο γείρονται Mk 12:26; Lk 7:22; 20:37; 1 Cor 15:15f, 29, 32, 35, 52.

Of Lazarus γερθήσεται J 11:12 v.l. σώματα γέρθησαν Mt 27:52; [1]

QUICK´ENED, pp. Made alive; revived; vivified; reinvigorated.[2]

Jewish belief was that no one could be renewed or quickened after three days, hence Jesus’s intentional delay in raising Lazarus.

With all the above said, perhaps Matthew had the following in mind when Paul wrote:

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

When? It was immediate when Jesus ascended up on high, not 40 days later, with the gift of the Comforter. Would it be the free gift of His death, burial, and resurrection as an atonement for our sins?

Would it be a gift for the families in Jerusalem to witness and talk to the many saints and family members and know there is life after death through Jesus? I cannot help but wonder how many, if any, converted to Christianity by this witness.

Then again:

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The only thing known for sure is that those saints are dedicated to God, holy, sacred, i.e., reserved for God and God’s service. It makes me wonder about their future service, and could they be part of Revelations 24-Elders? It is interesting to think about and study.

[1] Arndt, William, Frederick W. Danker, Walter Bauer, and F. Wilbur Gingrich. 2000. In A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed., 272. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.

[2] Webster, Noah. 2006. In Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

18 hours ago, Scott Free said:

The gathering spoken of denotes a pilgrimage more than a resettlement. My point is that (Ezek 36:16-24) does not mention permanent resettlement. Jesus's death punctuated a prominent pilgrimage where all able bodied Jews across the known world where commanded to gather at the Temple for Sukkot, "...when I show Myself holy among you in their sight" Ezek 36:23. The festival foretells  the messianic age when all nations offer homage to Jerusalem.

@Scott Free Some ppl like to see the church in view in the Seven Feasts of Jehovah, but I'm not sure that this is the proper context.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

2 hours ago, farouk said:

Some ppl like to see the church in view in the Seven Feasts of Jehovah, but I'm not sure that this is the proper context.

"One person values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind." Romans 14:5. Seems like it is a personal preference we are free to explore if it suits us.

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

"One person values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind." Romans 14:5. Seems like it is a personal preference we are free to explore if it suits us.

@Scott Free Great passage there in Romans 14, which expounds the sometimes forgotten truth of Christian liberty.

I have also been around some folk who seem to argue along the lines of, Because the NT local church in Deuteronomy 16 is such and such, and because NT church elders in Chronicles are such and such, therefore this supposedly proves that you must not go to this or the other church since it's not part of "our" system of patronage, etc.............. (A meaning not intended in the original OT passages....)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 12/30/2023 at 2:36 AM, NConly said:

Ezk 36:16-24

In addition, this scripture was written during their captivity in Babylon in 585 B.C., about 46 years before Cyrus issued a proclamation granting their freedom in 539 B.C.. I have not seen any prophecy about 1948 Israel directly, apart from the assumption that they are a state in the end times. "The generation that will not pass away", in  Matthew 24:34 could easily be about the audience to which He was addressing. A generation that has been immortalized by the New Testament.

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 6:14 PM, NConly said:

During the time of Jesus most of all tribes had been carried away to other nations and had not been returned til 1948 unless you can show the other nations let them come back for several days out of the  captivity they were in.

At time of Jesus the few (remnant) still went to the festivals on that I agree.

@NConly  I don't think that the events of 1948 mark any kind of total fulfillment of prophecy. Not at all.

But then they may signify a partial development that in time may prove to have prophetic significance when combined directly with Biblically attested events.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  2.76

19 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly  I don't think that the events of 1948 mark any kind of total fulfillment of prophecy. Not at all.

But then they may signify a partial development that in time may prove to have prophetic significance when combined directly with Biblically attested events.

you do not have to agree with me. I still think 1948 was the bringing back for the profaning of Gods name and later during the trib the only way Israel can be saved is not by the law but by accepting Jesus as their Savior

Just now, NConly said:

you do not have to agree with me. I still think 1948 was the bringing back for the profaning of Gods name and later during the trib the only way Israel can be saved is not by the law but by accepting Jesus as their Savior

Oh indeed I see the great tribulation in Scripture. I was really referring to 1948 as a supposed total - rather than as a partial precursor - fulfillment, which I find harder to see.