• Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/2/2024 at 4:45 AM, Neighbor said:

The Real Answer to Antisemitism

Life Lessons From the Parshah - Shemot

By Yehoshua B. Gordon  may be found online for those that may be interested in a point of view, perhaps one with some useful insight. When searching see Chabad(Dot)org

Seems that the only real cure for antisemitism is a global mass extinction event. The majority of Earth's population will always side with the nations of the elohim over God's inheritance.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

Seems that the only real cure for antisemitism is a global mass extinction event. The majority of Earth's population will always side with the nations of the elohim over God's inheritance.

Hi Scott Free,

"Nations of the Elohim" care to flesh out that phrase or title some?

Kinda sounds like  reference to Psalm 82 and to  the now deceased Michael Heiser's works on the subject.

If so, how do you relate that to the reason for antisemitism specifically? Is it (As example for conversational purposes)  because of a change that evidently occurred in Abram a former polytheistic "pagen" as God made him Abraham the father of a monotheistic people under YHWH? ???

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

over God's inheritance.

Hi again,

..."over God's inheritance" Which is who or what ?

I guess I kinda think of my own inheritance being the status I have gained already, that was foreknown and predestined by God from before the beginning.

That inheritance  in part did and still does  provoke jealousy within Jews ( In general), does it not? Seems to me God has declared that it does anyway.

What does my inheritance from God have to do with what many Christian institutions teach today as replacement theology that also leads to  a very real antisemitic mindset that gets acted out in actions taken against most anything "Jewish" to the point of Christian institutions banning investment in  any Israeli company, plus  their urging of  businesses, and individual  members in the body of Christ Jesus, to also ban most anything associated with the wellbeing of Israelis?

All of those actions are very direct overt acts of antisemitism as I see it.

That seems to be today's reality; but what of the origins and the ever ongoing history that just keeps unfolding with one new tactic after another?

Edited by Neighbor
changed sentence structure

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I am a big believer in this:

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

C̵URSE, v. t. pret. and pp. cursed or curst. [Sax. cursian, corsian; Arm. argarzi. Qu. Ar. كَرَظَ.]
 1. To utter a wish of evil against one; to imprecate evil upon; to call for mischief or injury to fall upon; to execrate.
  2. To injure; to subject to evil; to vex, harass or torment with great calamities.

What comes to mind: The outbreak of hate and global antisemitism, cursing Israel and promoting terrorism, beheading, and the murder of men, women, elderly, and children. United Nations votes, sanctions, and resolutions against Israel. Should I mention Islam and their official stated curse against Israel? 

Webster, Noah. 2006. In Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Kinda sounds like  reference to Psalm 82 and to  the now deceased Michael Heiser's works on the subject.

Yes, Heiser is big on word study resources. Elohim and it's use in the Bible is well known and nothing new. A nation's archetype is not governed by mankind, but are the corporeal presence or bodies of other worldly forces. Nations rise above and are suspended separately over the sea of humanity. Personal transformation is one thing, global cleansing is another.

Edited by Scott Free

2 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

A nations archetype is not governed by mankind, but are the corporeal presence or bodies of other worldly forces. Nations rise above and are suspended separately over the sea of humanity. Personal transformation is one thing global cleansing is another.

Thanks for the clarifying additions!

Global cleansing, an interesting term, is the shed blood of our Lord capable of cleansing nations? If so, is it to be used by God for that purpose on this earth? Seems almost a self defeating goal if it can be accomplished, for it presents an almost forced from the top down approach to individual salvation from the just wrath  of God against individuals that reject His deity and sovereignty.

Can Israel as a nation be cleansed, can USA or any other land? The nations are used of course as their leaders are all appointed by God.  Yet is it nations that are healed or the individuals regardless of national identity  no matter where they are placed on earth at any given moment by God?

Evidently we do spiritual battle not against nations, but we do spiritual battle utilizing the turf and the rulers of nations. No matter where the Jew he is oppressed, is he not?

I see some USA history dating back to 1862 with General Grant oppressing  "The Jew"  for the same reasons as always gets used- they are wealthy by devious means , or they are poor because of their devious acts.  The declaration always seems to be that one extreme end or another happens because they are  "The Jew".  

Does this history and it's theme go back as far as Abram - Abraham?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

appointed by God

Because something is appointed or used by God, does not mean that thing is good. Everything has to lead to the accumulated fulfillment of His plan if they want to or not. Judas Iscariot is one example, Rome's persecution is another and the intense perversion and arrogance of the U.S. is as ungodly as you can get.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  294
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Believe that's one of the problems, there are too many beliefs. scrip states there is one Faith. If there are two or more faiths all can't be true if they differ

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Scott Free said:

arrogance of the U.S. is as ungodly as you can get.

I agree with everything you stated, except for one. Every time I think America can not get more perverted, something else rears its ugly head. The latest is a child's right to change their gender identity at any age without parental consent. Biological men competing in women's sports with the right to women's locker rooms and bathrooms.

Regarding perversion, we are witnessing only the tip of the coming iceberg. As it was in the days of Noe:

Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Ruth Graham, wife of Billy Graham, had insight and said it best years ago. "If God does not judge America soon, He owes an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah." ~ Ruth Graham.

Our Lord is patient, not willing that anyone should perish. Not to mention the dignity, morals, and values of human life waxing as cold as ice these days. Evolution is the standard that denies the sanctity of human life.

So as to Antisemitism-  Any thoughts to add on antisemitism?What might you think of the  writer's piece mentioned in the opening post?