• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I should have added the verse before it

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same 
anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You believe I'm trying to seduce you.Roflol.

If you haven't noticed,this conversation is about the supposed annoited people who come in Jesus name deceiving people.

Doug claimed they came in 70 ad and these verses were fulfilled when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.I tried to tell Doug these verses were not fulfilled in 70 ad but I was unable to convince him.

Perhaps after the false prophet arrives in Israel and the Israelis are receiving the microchips netanyahu says he will put in everyone ,then Doug might realize it wasn't fulfilled in 70 ad.

Luke 21:8

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

mathew 24

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

mark 13

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1

19 hours ago, douggg said:

You are taking verses from Luke 21 that were fulfilled in 70 ad and you are errantly placing them in the end times.

Luke 21:5-24 is about the time the temple was destroyed by the Romans.      

You claim many came in Jesus name saying you were Christ in 70 ad.Who are you claiming these people are ?what were their names?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

16 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You claim many came in Jesus name saying you were Christ in 70 ad.Who are you claiming these people are ?what were their names?

I think you mean many came in Jesus's name saying I am Christ.  i.e claiming to be Jesus.

Not specifically limited to 70 ad, but before and after that year.

I don't know... to answer your question.

----------------------------------------

I gave examples of false thought-to-be messiahs by the Jews - who ended up failing to be the messiah, back in the first century.    But none of those said "I am Christ", " I am Jesus".

And I also gave examples in modern times of persons who do say  "I am Christ",  "I am Jesus".

Alan John Miller of Australia

Vissarion of Russia

Jose Luis de Jesus Miranada (deceased)

You can look any of those up on the internet to learn more about them.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, douggg said:

I think you mean many came in Jesus's name saying I am Christ.  i.e claiming to be Jesus.

Not specifically limited to 70 ad, but before and after that year.

I don't know... to answer your question.

----------------------------------------

I gave examples of false thought-to-be messiahs by the Jews - who ended up failing to be the messiah, back in the first century.    But none of those said "I am Christ", " I am Jesus".

And I also gave examples in modern times of persons who do say  "I am Christ",  "I am Jesus".

Alan John Miller of Australia

Vissarion of Russia

Jose Luis de Jesus Miranada (deceased)

You can look any of those up on the internet to learn more about them.

So you have changed your initial claim that Luke 21:5-24 is about 70 ad.

Seeing that you now acknowledge you were wrong about verse 8,then maybe there's hope for you yet.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

2 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you have changed your initial claim that Luke 21:5-24 is about 70 ad.

Imagine that.

No, I did not.    The instructions to flee to the mountains in those verses 20-21 is predicated on when them in Judea see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, in 70 AD.  

Not when they see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place like in the end times in Matthew 24:15.       The abomination of desolation is not referred to in Luke 21:5-24.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, douggg said:

No, I did not.    The instructions to flee to the mountains in those verses 20-21 is predicated on when them in Judea see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, in 70 AD.  

Not when they see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place like in the end times in Matthew 24:15.       The abomination of desolation is not referred to in Luke 21:5-24.

We are talking about Luke 21:5-24 in which Jesus says many will come I my name .

I've quoted you saying Luke 21:5-24 took place when the temple was destroyed in ,70 ad.

Have you not been paying attention to our conversation about when these things are fulfilled?

Verse ,8 is within 5-24.

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

mathew 24

mark 13

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

22 hours ago, douggg said:

You are taking verses from Luke 21 that were fulfilled in 70 ad and you are errantly placing them in the end times.

It sure looks like you said Luke 21:5-24 is about the time the temple was destroyed by the Romans.

Are these not your words?

Guest AFlameOfFire
4 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You believe I'm trying to seduce you.Roflol.

If you haven't noticed,this conversation is about the supposed annoited people who come in Jesus name deceiving people.

Doug claimed they came in 70 ad and these verses were fulfilled when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.I tried to tell Doug these verses were not fulfilled in 70 ad but I was unable to convince him.

Perhaps after the false prophet arrives in Israel and the Israelis are receiving the microchips netanyahu says he will put in everyone ,then Doug might realize it wasn't fulfilled in 70 ad.

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

mathew 24

mark 13

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

When I first added the verse 1 John 2:27  without the context 1 John 2:26 it was one of your favorite verses correct? But when I put it into its context  of your postings (by simply bringing in the prior verse) concerning them which seduce you (even as Jesus speaks of the same) it's now become both laughable because you had felt somehow that "I" wrote it and was making you out to be a seducer?

Any conviction you received was not on my part, that was not my intent but rather to  show confirmation between the scriptures.

Are you not speaking of what Jesus himself said?

Mark 13:2 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Jesus i speaking of them which seduce you as was John in that context

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

I thought the dots would be better connected between the two places by adding in Johns context (1 John 2:26) to the verses you keep reposting (in the above post).

Edited by AFlameOfFire
changed above to post

39 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

When I first added the verse 1 John 2:27  without the context 1 John 2:26 it was one of your favorite verses correct? But when I put it into its context  of your postings (by simply bringing in the prior verse) concerning them which seduce you (even as Jesus speaks of the same) it's now become both laughable because you had felt somehow that "I" wrote it and was making you out to be a seducer?

Any conviction you received was not on my part, that was not my intent but rather to  show confirmation between the scriptures.

Are you not speaking of what Jesus himself said?

Mark 13:2 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Jesus i speaking of them which seduce you as was John in that context

I thought the dots would be better connected between the two places by adding in Johns context (1 John 2:26) to the verses you keep reposting (in the above post).

Trust me,I'm not convicted in the least,I find it laughable that you thought I was trying to seduce you .But like I said,you entered a conversation about the false prophets which Jesus Included in the signs of his coming.Doug said that verse was fulfilled in 70 ad.I said Jesus is warning his disciples in Israel about the coming persecution that is to befall them before his coming.If you feel that im trying to seduce you then perhaps you shouldnt read anything I have to say.

Just ignore me and everything I post about the tribulation .

On 1/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, douggg said:

Are you sticking by your word or not Doug?

These verses were fulfilled in 70 ad or not?

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

mathew 24

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

mark 13

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and sh