IGNORED

Just where Was Jesus/ Yeshua born?

Guest Zayit

Came across an interesting article. For many who have been to Israel and seen what is touted as 'the' birthplace this will prove interesting, and to those who haven't as well! :ph34r:

The Nativity scene of Jesus being born in a stable that sheltered animals has always bothered me. I grew up in a small town in rural eastern North Carolina and I have seen a lot of stables. Even the best kept ones are dirty smelly places because they house animals. I have never been able to understand how that such a place where donkeys and other animals resided was where Mary gave birth to the Lord Jesus Christ. .....................

The place of Jesus' birth was not a accident, but was a sign given 700 years earlier which predicted where He would be born.

Where was Jesus born, really?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thanks Zayit, I had to copy this url to pass on to friends.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, it makes a lot of sense. It's not something I would have taken the time to study, for the birthplace and time of birth has never been a hot topic for me. It's not the kind of thing that changes ones theology, but interesting and informative. Some of that warm fuzzy stuff that you're glad you were exposed to. God always makes a way during stressful times and this sounds like a good example.

I would hope that the site would be found some day, if nothing more than for the neatness of it all.

se

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The Nativity scene of Jesus being born in a stable that sheltered animals has always bothered me. I grew up in a small town in rural eastern North Carolina and I have seen a lot of stables. Even the best kept ones are dirty smelly places because they house animals. I have never been able to understand how that such a place where donkeys and other animals resided was where Mary gave birth to the Lord Jesus Christ

Well in those days, human beings probably smelled about as bad as animals anyway, so they wouldn't have noticed the smell in the stable. :noidea:

Guest shiloh357

Very interesting article!! Migdal Eder makes a lot of sense. It is also important to realize that the shepherds keeping the flock were themselves Priests. Migdal Eder was where the Temple shepherds watched over the flocks meant to be used for the Passover later on that year. These were special sheep requiring special shepherds. I have noted this before, but the angel's remarks about the swaddling clothes would have been particularly meaningful to shepherds who were of the priesthood. Swaddling clothes were worn under their robes, and would have made a distinctive sign for these shepherds regarding the identity of the Messiah.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, it was very interesting. Thanks Zayit. :noidea: