mrcorey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard it said that there is a "righteous anger". And Ephesians 4:26 & 27 says Be angry & yet do not sin. In the Gospels it talks of Jesus getting angry in the temple and overturned their tables.

I can honestly say, living alone, I don't struggle too much with anger. When I get angry it's usually with myself. I don't get angry with my dog and I have never gotten angry with my neighbors.

So, how does one get angry and not sin? And how do you know when you've crossed that line?

in Him;

Corey

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think anger is love just misdirected.

I'm sure God loves the devil. He must as they both exist in union; one cannot live without the other as God created the devil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think it is when you act on your anger and do something that you should not do. A sin is a sin whether or not your angry, happy or drunk. So when one is angry he/she should just not do or say anything. For me it usually ends up with a bad taste in my mouth. I usually notice it as I remove my foot :ph34r:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340

To be angry and not sin means to me that one might feel a sense of injustice or be angry because of some real thing that has occurred that should not have happened, but not allow the anger to control how we respond to the situation. Not seek revenge or lash out in retaliation, but to seek instead, to resolve the issue in a way that will glorify God.

I think it is when you act on your anger and do something that you should not do. A sin is a sin whether or not your angry, happy or drunk. So when one is angry he/she should just not do or say anything. For me it usually ends up with a bad taste in my mouth. I usually notice it as I remove my foot :ph34r:

If the anger is not dealt with correctly, it can cause a root of bitterness to grow... so wouldnt this also be sinning, even if we dont act or speack violently?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think bitterness is a sin, but, now that you mention it, bitterness could turn into hate and that if it is not justified is a sin. I guess I had just not thought it through quite all the way. :ph34r:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I'm sure God loves the devil. He must as they both exist in union; one cannot live without the other as God created the devil.

They do not exist "in union". There is no union between God and satan. God is 100% sovereign, satan is subject to God.

God can certainly live without satan, He is not at the mercy of anyone.

Good question, OP. I think it is a rare person who can be angered without sinning. For sure, you must be walking in the Spirit to accomplish it.

I don't think bitterness is a sin, but, now that you mention it, bitterness could turn into hate and that if it is not justified is a sin. I guess I had just not thought it through quite all the way. :ph34r:

The Bible dictionary defines bitterness: extreme enmity; sour temper

According to the Bible:

Eph 4: 31 bitterness agaist others is to be avoided

Col 3:19 avoid bitterness against a wife

Heb 12:15 cites bitterness as a source of defilement

James 3:14 tells us that bitterness is contrary to the truth

Whether or not bitterness is a sin (personally I think it is), it is certainly not a fruit of the Spirit

Good Evening,

My name is agape and I am new to the website. I know that Christians believe that since you are saved. You should not show emotions that would question your relationship with God. However, God created us with emotions and if something or someone has attacked us in a manner which we react anger that's ok. But, it becomes a sin when you react negative way based on that emotion or continue ll habor that negative emotion.

Again. we are blessed to have emotions. But, we should never allow emotions to have us.

That is the difference.

Thank you,

Agape Love

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Hey agape, you are pretty smart for a newbie.LOL just kidding,hope you stay awhile and fellowship with us here at Worthy.