IGNORED

The problem: gates and moats and drawbridges and...

Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.61
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is worldwide. The USA  conceded it's power to control  migration years ago, decades now, when it gave up the Monroe Doctrine when that doctrine, and the USA, was challenged  first by the then  Soviet Union,  and more recently China.

You're referring to Kennedy invoking the Monroe Doctrine to prevent the Soviets from installing their nuclear weapons in Cuba?

I'm not sure what the reference to China means, what incident does this refer to?

And how do either of them relate to controlling who does and does not come across our borders and whether or not we have the right to do that?

I'm not really understanding you on this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 minutes ago, FJK said:

What standards do you use to make that Judgment?

Will you state them as something other than a personal opinion or do they originate only with you and your own desires?

I followed The Donald I read his book ( Which he did not write himself), I followed what happened at Tampa with his  The Apprentice show project there. Learning what really happened there.

He was simply selling his name to local contractors to in use as a front name. And when the Tampa one unfortunately failed, taking the funds of many a local person that had made deposits or paid in full for living units relied on the credibility  of the Trump name and show Trump added to the woes by suing the local contractor for his one million dollar fee for his name use.

The rapes, the gropings, the women, the language he uses, the marriages all point directly to a man of extremely  low moral  character.  I could go on for there is much more, but the above seems sufficient to  address the question asked.

The issue of walls and moats and barriers is obviously a very hard one to address, especially so when the various leaders and political parties have their own personal profit in mind over the good of the lands they rule over. That is  a worldwide problem it seems to me.

I think the present mess around the world is a direct result of the denial of God's sovereignty by the nations; and God's response to let the nations suffer the  plight of his just wrath. Building walls and moats will not overcome that!

28 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I followed The Donald I read his book ( Which he did not write himself), I followed what happened at Tampa with his  The Apprentice show project there. Learning what really happened there.

He was simply selling his name to local contractors to in use as a front name. And when the Tampa one unfortunately failed, taking the funds of many a local person that had made deposits or paid in full for living units relied on the credibility  of the Trump name and show Trump added to the woes by suing the local contractor for his one million dollar fee for his name use.

The rapes, the gropings, the women, the language he uses, the marriages all point directly to a man of extremely  low moral  character.  I could go on for there is much more, but the above seems sufficient to  address the question asked.

The issue of walls and moats and barriers is obviously a very hard one to address, especially so when the various leaders and political parties have their own personal profit in mind over the good of the lands they rule over. That is  a worldwide problem it seems to me.

I think the present mess around the world is a direct result of the denial of God's sovereignty by the nations; and God's response to let the nations suffer the  plight of his just wrath. Building walls and moats will not overcome that!

Well, As Jesus pointed out. we will be judged by the same standards we use to judge others.

To me that means, in practical terms, I should be very careful about how I judge others and use the same standards for everyone, including myself, and not just those I don't like.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 1/28/2024 at 12:49 PM, Neighbor said:

Lord help us  as we continue in our national folly of wall building, instead of building up a national heart of gracious welcoming to neighbor and stranger in the land, demanding only  obedience to laws of the land.

Would be interesting to watch how well the natives would welcome your speech at one of their safety meetings with the border guards, the South Texas farmers/ranchers and residents, moms/dads whose lost a husband/wife or son/daughter to an illegal,  homes burned down or trashed, robbed/raped.

Yes, laws are worthless unless enforced. There's the big problem.   Meanwhile, have you considered coming to our south Texas neighborhoods in the beautiful country here with your camper for a while and chill out/camp out with all our other new 'tourists'...:unsure:

Welcome to Texas...

HV5MOVTMHNPSTAZGJEDSJ7JKG4.jpg.bf458078c972bafb44b9c1bbcca403b0.jpg
Hows it at your home.   Have you considered moving back here to Texas?...:)

PS;
I do not pray to God to put money in my bank account.
I work for an income and thank God for my abilities and health.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 1/29/2024 at 8:56 AM, Neighbor said:

The USA has welcomed most anyone for all of it's history.

Literacy Tests and “Asiatic Barred Zone”

In 1917, the U.S. Congress enacted the first widely restrictive immigration law. The uncertainty generated over national security during World War I made it possible for Congress to pass this legislation, and it included several important provisions that paved the way for the 1924 Act. The 1917 Act implemented a literacy test that required immigrants over 16 years old to demonstrate basic reading comprehension in any language. It also increased the tax paid by new immigrants upon arrival and allowed immigration officials to exercise more discretion in making decisions over whom to exclude.

• Interesting! 1

38 minutes ago, Sower said:

The 1917 Act implemented a literacy test that required immigrants over 16 years old to demonstrate basic reading comprehension in any language.

Suppose many natural born in the USA residents today could pass this standard?

I have no objection to standards!!! In fact I think it absolutely necessary as part of a thick "wall" of standards that no one can breach.

I also think no one is to receive benefits without having qualified for a  minimum length of time of being productive residents of the USA. Perhaps a minimum of two years effort on the immigrant's part.

Plus I think no one should be allowed to drain the assets of this land by shipping their earnings out of this country for at least a long minimum length  of time.

What I think is a failed policy are walls at borders as a defense, for they do nothing as all of them get breached as do our coastal barriers and Coast Guard sea patrols.

Happens most everywhere to every country where walls are built not just the USA. Walls just do not keep terrorists out. As we are seeing at Israel with terrorists invading right over and through the defenses of the greatest wall builders of today.

Why any near idiot with a paraglider sail, a propeller, and a lawn mower engine, can hop right over the longest and tallest of walls, invading much like a scene out of a Mad Max movie.

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I doubt it, not with the public schools doing everything they can to prevent it.

But as for the migrants, disregarding whether they should be allowed or not, why do we seem to have some obligation to take care of them?  This was never the case in the past so why is it forced upon us now as if it was some kind of Constitutional obligation or something?

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Would be interesting to watch how well the natives would welcome your speech at one of their safety meetings with the border guards, the South Texas farmers/ranchers and residents, moms/dads whose lost a husband/wife or son/daughter to an illegal,  homes burned down or trashed, robbed/raped.

Yes, laws are worthless unless enforced. There's the big problem.   Meanwhile, have you considered coming to our south Texas neighborhoods in the beautiful country here with your camper for a while and chill out/camp out with all our other new 'tourists'...:unsure:

Welcome to Texas...

HV5MOVTMHNPSTAZGJEDSJ7JKG4.jpg.bf458078c972bafb44b9c1bbcca403b0.jpg
Hows it at your home.   Have you considered moving back here to Texas?...:)

PS;
I do not pray to God to put money in my bank account.
I work for an income and thank God for my abilities and health.

Hi, Actually yes. My bride is Texas born and raised right at the most southern border community this side of Mexico. She is highly educated, far far more than myself. She is fluent in Spanish of various dialects. She has spent much time at Mexico, and also at Guatemala.  She used to "street preach" the gospel there if you can imagine.

She has known and has seen what happens right on the Texas border, right on it!   I only have been through some of the Rio Frio River country (Loved it!), San Antonio, and of course the Alamo.

Oh, plus spending time taking in the awesome story told at the Fredericksburg National Museum of the Pacific War, along with  the Admiral Nimitz home. An amazing story few of us get to see or hear about.

I live in a nice area of Floridah (and also North Carolina) where I hired many an "undocumented" individual, from all over this world, absolutely following the laws of this land to a T; doing so under Christian  immigration, Legal Council instruction.

I also see , and kinda  rub shoulders with camps of  immigrants that walk the main street(s)  to the mall and back to their little trailers with many many people to a trailer. Hey  if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to get my car washed. Kinda like Nancy P. and her beds gettin made up.

The problems are not about wall building at borders, nor  how big a wall  need be. It is about law throughout the total breadth of the land, and how people are to participate within it,  and be documented, just like us native born are.

Further I would if I were the ruler of the USA make purchase of illegal drugs a class 1 felony. Our family has suffered the death of one, and the lifetime loss due to brain damage  of two from illegal substance use and distribution. That's three that I know of,( That's one dead and two that need constant watching over for their entire lifetime) do we perhaps  now qualify as being allowed an opinion on the subject?

I have had meth distributors as immediate neighbors too. No wall will stop them. There is no wall so tall as to stop it. It must be a thick wall of resistance with very serious law enforcement. And yes   rather mean bleak  punishing prison circumstances for sellers and users alike.

NONE of us anywhere in this land are more than a stones throw away from this terrible issue.  We can't build enough tall walls to protect us from our immediate neighbor. Building them is a fool's errand. I do think it is the same throughout this earth's surface.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 1/30/2024 at 2:58 PM, Neighbor said:

I have no objection to standards!!! In fact I think it absolutely necessary as part of a thick "wall" of standards that no one can breach.

I also think no one is to receive benefits without having qualified for a  minimum length of time of being productive residents of the USA. Perhaps a minimum of two years effort on the immigrant's part.

Plus I think no one should be allowed to drain the assets of this land by shipping their earnings out of this country for at least a long minimum length  of time.

What I think is a failed policy are walls at borders as a defense, for they do nothing as all of them get breached as do our coastal barriers and Coast Guard sea patrols.

Happens most everywhere to every country where walls are built not just the USA. Walls just do not keep terrorists out. As we are seeing at Israel with terrorists invading right over and through the defenses of the greatest wall builders of today.

Why any near idiot with a paraglider sail, a propeller, and a lawn mower engine, can hop right over the longest and tallest of walls, invading much like a scene out of a Mad Max movie.

A border wall wouldn't keep everyone from crossing illegally though the majority which is probably the goal of added security as a wall. When the crossings become wide spread along a border and added measures are needed to manage the border effectively.

Impenetrable border, no country could achieve that. Though countries do keep the flow down. A place like north Korea are likely around 90% or above.

• Interesting! 1