IGNORED

The problem: gates and moats and drawbridges and...

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,609
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:

A place like north Korea are likely around 90% or above.

Even there they could not stop trade/barter between their people and the Chinese people across the river back when the famine caused the deaths of many millions on either side of that border, back, back, in the early 1960's as I remember it. I am getting so old dates become a blur to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2024 at 12:32 PM, FJK said:

You're referring to Kennedy invoking the Monroe Doctrine to prevent the Soviets from installing their nuclear weapons in Cuba?

I'm not sure what the reference to China means, what incident does this refer to?

And how do either of them relate to controlling who does and does not come across our borders and whether or not we have the right to do that?

I'm not really understanding you on this.

Hi, China has a heavy influencing of Latin an dSouth America today. Much if not all the components of fentanyl go from China to  Latin America and then get processed and shipped into the USA t poison us.

China influences the production and flowing of oil from that region too. The USA has lost the ability to  protect  oil producing companies and control the governments there so that their own people might stay homework and prosper at their own homeland.

The USA doe snot even try to invoke the Monroe Doctrine. It has retreated into itself and is now suffering greatly;  almost to the point of a violent  internal USA revolution occurring here and now. The States are ready split, with 25 States backing and helping Texas agains the USA federal government.  Yet the welcome wagon is still out, handing out goodies to all that show up like there is no problem here, all is well.

What I am suggesting is a wall  is not the solution for anyone can get past a wall even if the gates are closed. Building walls is folly a fool's errand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Even there they could not stop trade/barter between their people and the Chinese people across the river back when the famine caused the deaths of many millions on either side of that border, back, back, in the early 1960's as I remember it. I am getting so old dates become a blur to me.

Yup no country can stop it all. When borders become unmanageable at every foot of it, walls are constructed to reduce the amount of illegal crossings.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,209
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 1/28/2024 at 12:01 PM, NConly said:

I spent time in 27 countries and learned a few things. And somehow spent time in 27 states too.

Hi NConly,

That is so interesting. What stories of life in those places you would have. Could you write some of that in the testimony area? Would love to read.

regards, Marilyn.

3 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Yup no country can stop it all. When borders become unmanageable at every foot of it, walls are constructed to reduce the amount of illegal crossings.

There is 12,225 miles of USA perimeter to wall.

I do think there is a better tactic than to build walls. One where it does not matter how far into the interior behind that perimeter a person gets they will not be allowed to gain from their attempt.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I do think there is a better tactic than to build walls. One where it does not matter how far into the interior behind that perimeter a person gets they will not be allowed to gain from their attempt.

The Great Wall Of China is some 13,700+ miles long so I suppose  it can be done yet again here. BUT we will have to hire immigrants by the tens of thousands, maybe millions, to do it.

If I'm not mistaken the walls wouldn't cover every perimeter. A border wall is just an obstacle to slow down the progress so it's not a unmitigated flow into the interior.

I think of it like a fence around a yard on a corner lot. If the fence wasn't there I have no doubt people would still walk around the corner instead of cutting across the lawn. Though also some wouldn't careless and cross the lawn eventually leaving a trail across the lawn.

I heard over the last couple of years something like 10 million are in the country who don't have a social security number and its for that very reason social security and taxes etc. Isn't good for the system in place.

Edited by BeyondET

The Great Wall Of China is some 13,700+ miles long so I suppose  it can be done yet again here. BUT we will have to hire immigrants by the tens of thousands, maybe millions, to do it.

There's a partial wall that got halted, I don't think the majority were immigrants that built it to a certain point. Though not saying there wasn't any, people do get work visas to work in America. There's all kinds of programs to help people work,  go to school and move to America.

Alot of folks don't want to go that route because they are doing something illegal like drug trafficking that crosses the border. Resently I've read 20o people are dying a die from the uptake in drug trafficking because of the open border policy that's not the policy according to the current administration.

1 hour ago, BeyondET said:

I heard over the last couple of years something like 10 million are in the country who don't have a social security number and its for that very reason social security and taxes etc. Isn't good for the system in place.

I am getting a little out of date on that one, but just a very few years ago SS numbers were sold to people to use.  That pumped up the benefit amount that would eventually be paid out to the seller of their own SS number. Seems there was no cross reference of number with name of contributor in the SS system. Very weird.

SS retirement is indeed a Ponzi scheme. Fortunately for me I am at the top of the scheme and not the bottom. It pays out an amazing amount of money on the the original investment into it.

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Alot of folks don't want to go that route because they are doing something illegal like drug trafficking that crosses the border.

Actually I tried to help legally sponsor a very hard working  undocumented individual. Turned out that though he was a really excellent upright and outstanding individual, he did not want that. His dream, as seems to be the plan of most all I have had privilege to come to know is to return home after building up a nest egg, having a four unit residence and a small business in the homeland.

They each seem to send money every month back home for that purpose. And then they find out much later their homeland spouse has been spending it all on her romantic partner back at home.  That is actually the common joke they share around the places where they find residence here.  

They are hard workers. They want work. They want financial security- back home. That's not much different from me personally, except I have that certificate of natural born citizenship. Luck of the draw, as blessed by God.

Imagine, just a little piece of paper  with a raised seal on it makes all the difference. Wow, but for the grace of God there go I.

• Thumbs Up 1