• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Midrash? I need to be careful not to apply it where there isn't any.

If by midrash you mean commentary, then if the HS is speaking to you then He will confirm it with other scripture along the way. If from man, it will lead to more questions and confusion.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  3.77
  • Days Won:  1

I was thinking more of a layered meaning. As an example 1Sam. 15: 22-23, where Samuel confronts Saul for disobeying the word of God:

22And Samuel said,

“Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
as in obeying the voice of the LORD?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
and to listen than the fat of rams.
23For rebellion is as the sin of divination,
and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the LORD,
he has also rejected you from being king.”

Samuel has prophesied that Saul has been rejected as king by God.

Now, this can also apply to all Christians that reject or rebel against God. We will be rejected for rebellion and not be kings and priests of the most high God. Because God is the same today as He was yesterday and He is not a respecter of persons.

Edit: see Rev. 5:10

Edited by D. Adrien

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,314
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Do you also believe that coincidence isn't always coincidence but can exist as a means by which God shows you how to proceed or establishes an answer to a question?

Or we can call them God-incidents. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Or we can call them God-incidents. 

Yes! He moves among us but we are limited by our 5 senses, and some of us may have less than 5 after several decades!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,166
  • Content Per Day:  9.57
  • Days Won:  149

I often see God showing me things I need to deal with internally and be willing to peel those things away myself. This  is in no way a once and done thing, I need to keep on top of it all the time. I could be doing something that looks right but underneath a wrong motive may have surfaced within me and I need to deal with that on a daily basis.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

I often see God showing me things I need to deal with internally and be willing to peel those things away myself. This  is in no way a once and done thing, I need to keep on top of it all the time. I could be doing something that looks right but underneath a wrong motive may have surfaced within me and I need to deal with that on a daily basis.

Agree. The old man is always seeking to be exalted and take charge to lead me into oblivion.

I'm a recovering alcoholic so I am well aware how that addiction can manipulate the person to believe a cure has occurred and therefore drinking is a natural desire to partake of. By the power of Almighty God I quit drinking and smoking the same day and haven't faltered in over 23 years. A beautiful blessing! 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The bible at Ecclesiastes 9:11 states time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,166
  • Content Per Day:  9.57
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, D. Adrien said:

Agree. The old man is always seeking to be exalted and take charge to lead me into oblivion.

I'm a recovering alcoholic so I am well aware how that addiction can manipulate the person to believe a cure has occurred and therefore drinking is a natural desire to partake of. By the power of Almighty God I quit drinking and smoking the same day and haven't faltered in over 23 years. A beautiful blessing! 

Thanks for sharing your experiences. So glad to hear you were delivered!

I once had hang ups too and sometimes I am still tempted in my mind which would be no less sinful if I acted on it either mentally or physically. I recognize thoughts are either the flesh side of me or Satan injecting temptations that can either come into my mind with no external help at all, or they can come in through my senses. One of the major steps for me was in recognizing what it was and then learning where to turn or what to do to deal with it. God knows the real me doesn't want any of the devils food, although I do like deviled eggs. That's another story :)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

3 hours ago, Know Jah said:

The bible at Ecclesiastes 9:11 states time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all.

No, this is not God's plan for man, especially for a Christian. Solomon is expressing the viewpoint of the vanity of a natural man void of God's presence in his life. The "Oh well, que sera sera" attitude shows the mindset of the world. We who are saved understand the guidance and care of God in our lives, and as we trust Him, we will see it worked out as  Romans 8:28 tells us "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Otherwise we would claim that God takes no interest in our daily lives and that we are the ones who direct it. If so, Paul would surely have blamed God for his being left for dead after being stoned. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, PATrobas said:

No, this is not God's plan for man, especially for a Christian. Solomon is expressing the viewpoint of the vanity of a natural man void of God's presence in his life. The "Oh well, que sera sera" attitude shows the mindset of the world. We who are saved understand the guidance and care of God in our lives, and as we trust Him, we will see it worked out as  Romans 8:28 tells us "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Otherwise we would claim that God takes no interest in our daily lives and that we are the ones who direct it. If so, Paul would surely have blamed God for his being left for dead after being stoned. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

Today there is a news story on the news page of this site that relays the demise of some Filipino Christians perishing in a mudslide while praying indoors. How do you reconcile an event like this with your belief stated in the above comment?