• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

19 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

King David`s throne is on the earth and the Lord`s own throne is in the third heaven. (Rev. 4) That is His seat of power and authority overall. 

The seat of His power and overall authority will be in heaven, but that does not mean that he does not/cannot have other thrones upon which He will sit, including this one on earth:

Ezekiel 43: 7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this [the Millennial temple on earth] is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever."

Pretty clear about personal presence here, just as when the scripture says that --

Zech 14:4 ...in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:37 PM, Marilyn C said:

mmm does that mean you now are looking more closely as to whether or not we, the Body of Christ come back to this sinful earth after the tribulation? 

Christ does, and we are like Christ.  Many saints will rule with him.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,219
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Christ does, and we are like Christ.  Many saints will rule with him.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi MM,

Long time .... so what scriptures are you basing your belief on, please? 

On 2/1/2024 at 5:09 AM, WilliamL said:

No, saints. Greek #40 plural in Strong's:

Rom 8:2 ...he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of...

Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Rom 15:26 ...certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Rom 15:31 ...I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;

Rom 16:2 ...in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her...

Rom 16:15 ...his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

1 Cor 1:2 ...Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every...

1 Cor 6:1 ...to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

1 Cor 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world...

1 Cor 16:1 ...concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order...

1 Cor 16:15 ...they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,...

2 Cor 1:1  ...which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

2 Cor 9:1 ...touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me...

2 Cor 13:13 All the saints salute you.

Eph 1:1 ...by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the...

Eph 1:15 ...in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

-- and that is only a fraction of the NT uses.

Jesus comes in the clouds of heaven with his angels to take up His Church at His Parousia. He later comes with His resurrected and perfected immortal saints to fight the Battle of Armageddon on earth.

Those saints are "having been clothed [Greek Perfect participle] in fine linen." Rev. 19:14 Angels don't have a time when they are "having been clothed." But the saints will, as the NT tells us in different places, such as

Rev. 3:5 “He who overcomes shall be clothed [Greek Future indicative] in white garments..."

Hi William,

Gk. `hagios,` different, holy, sacred, Holy of Holies, holy one, holy ones, holy place, most holy, saint, saints, sanctuary, holy angels

Thus, we see many different meanings and would depend on the context and with other scriptures.

You have only shown `hagios` in relation to saints, whereas it has many different meanings.

Matt. 4: 5 hagios - holy city.

Matt. 25: 31 hagios - holy angels.

Eph. 2: 21 hagios - holy temple. 

etc.

12 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The seat of His power and overall authority will be in heaven, but that does not mean that he does not/cannot have other thrones upon which He will sit, including this one on earth:

Ezekiel 43: 7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this [the Millennial temple on earth] is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever."

Pretty clear about personal presence here, just as when the scripture says that --

Zech 14:4 ...in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives...

I just believe what the Father has done in placing Jesus -

`Far above all....not only in this age but also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MM,

Long time .... so what scriptures are you basing your belief on, please? 

You already know them.

Zech 14:4 - On the day, his feet will stand on the Mt of Olives. v6,7 - On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost, It will be a unique day.....  v.8 On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem.  v.9 - the Lord will be king over the whole earth.  On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

Ezk 43:4 - The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing East. v7b - this is the place of my throne, and the place for the soles of my feet.

Zech 14:16 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year, to worship the King, the Lord God Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

Rev 20:4 - I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been authority to judge. And I (also) saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the Word of God....  They came to life and reigned with Christ 1000 years.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

You have only shown `hagious` in relation to saints, whereas it has many different meanings.

Matt. 4: 5 hagios - holy city.

Matt. 25: 31 hagios - holy angels.

Eph. 2: 21 hagios - holy temple. 

But as I pointed out, hagios in the plural is a noun, and is translated dozens of times in the NT "saints." When singular, as in your examples above, it is an adjective modifying the nouns city, angels, temple.

13 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

You already know them.

Zech 14:4 - On the day, his feet will stand on the Mt of Olives. v6,7 - On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost, It will be a unique day.....  v.8 On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem.  v.9 - the Lord will be king over the whole earth.  On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

Ezk 43:4 - The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing East. v7b - this is the place of my throne, and the place for the soles of my feet.

Zech 14:16 - Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year, to worship the King, the Lord God Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

Rev 20:4 - I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been authority to judge. And I (also) saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the Word of God....  They came to life and reigned with Christ 1000 years.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi MM,

Thank you for writing what you see as proof. 

However, I know that those scriptures do not show that the Lord or His Body will rule on the earth in the millennium or eternity. 

Zech. 14: 4 shows that the Lord will come back to the earth but NOT stay there. Ps. 47 shows that He will `go up` again. Also. Eph. 1: 21 shows us that the Father positioned the Lord `far above...in this age and also in that which is to come.`

Ez. 43: 4 shows that the Lord`s throne, His AUTHORITY is in Jerusalem in the millennium but His seat of power and authority is in the third heaven. (Rev. 4)

Zech. 14: 16 Yes, the nations go up to Jerusalem to worship the King. We worship the Lord and He is not physically in front of us. Jesus does not sit in Jerusalem for the millennium for people to come and worship Him.

He is the King of heaven, the King of Glory, the King of the Ages, the King of Israel, the Kingpriest of kingpriests etc. 

Rev. 20: 4 refers to those who `had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or His image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

But as I pointed out, hagios in the plural is a noun, and is translated dozens of times in the NT "saints." When singular, as in your examples above, it is an adjective modifying the nouns city, angels, temple.

Hi William,

Yes it is an adjective in some scriptures and a noun in others, as you say. However, as a noun, `holy ones` can be saints or angels. 

Greek - Hagios,   

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousand of His `HOLY ONES,` (hagios). (Jude 14)

So which is it - saints or angels. We need to look at other scriptures.

Hebrew - Quodos.

`The Lord came from Sinai, and dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, and came with ten thousands of  HOLY ONES,`quodos,`  literally myriads of holiness. `  (Deut. 33: 2)

Ps. 68 tells us who these Holy Ones are -

`The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy place.` (Ps. 68: 17)

Thus, we see that Enoch was referring to God`s myriads of holy angels.  

These Bible Versions have `holy ones` for Jude 14 and Deut. 33: 2.

New International Version.

New American Standard.

Moffatt.

Amplified.

The Message.

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Zech. 14: 16 Yes, the nations go up to Jerusalem to worship the King. We worship the Lord and He is not physically in front of us. Jesus does not sit in Jerusalem for the millennium for people to come and worship Him.

Scripture says they do go year after year for the Feast of Tabernacles and worship, the King, the Lord God Almighty.

Zech 8:20-22 - This is what the Lord Almighty SAYS; Many peoples and inhabitants of many cities will yet come, and the inhabitants of one city will go to another and say, Let us go at once to entreat the Lord and seek the Lord Almighty. and many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord Almighty and to entreat him.

Entreat --- to plead in order to persuade

How can one not rule for 1000 years and not be the King, the Lord God Almighty.  So you don't believe in the 2nd Coming.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1