IGNORED

We need our soul divided from our spirit!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 1/28/2024 at 4:56 PM, Vine Abider said:

Without the dividing of the Living Word of God, we may not have any idea that things we are doing actually has it's source in the soul.  Oftentimes we think good things/religious activities we're involved in are spiritual, when they are really sourced in the self-bound soul.  Praise God for the light from His living Word!

The Word Divides

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

A believer's greatest need is to get into the Word of God regularly and to go to the Lord day by day, especially in the mornings. Open up to the Lord and begin to pray over the verses. Reading the Bible must be more to us than a routine or academic pursuit. We need to actually contact God while we are in the Word. By getting into the Word in this way, we find it is "living and powerful." It begins to operate; it begins to speak. A word will stand out, a verse will stand out, or a phrase will stand out, and then you begin to pray with what touches you. That word entering into your heart clears you up inwardly. "The entrance of Your words gives light" (Psa. 119:130). You begin to see that you have been in your self--in your emotions, in your reactions, in your pride and hardness. You have been in your hurt feelings or in your reasoning mind about someone. You have chosen your own will. Light begins to dawn upon you, and you become inwardly clear about where you have been. You get divided. You begin to see how you have sinned, how you have lived in your soulish life, how you have lived out of your impulses, or how your motive for saying something was altogether impure. The word divides your soul and spirit, and discerns the thoughts and intents of your heart.

With this dividing and discerning, you begin to repent and confess to the Lord your lack of living out from Him. As you confess, your spirit rises to the surface of your being (cf. Eph. 5:18-19 with Col. 3:16), and everything becomes crystal clear. What originates from your soul is exposed to you, and what originates from your spirit is manifested. There is the realm of the soul and there is the realm of the spirit, and it is the living and active word of God that discovers for us which realm we are living in.

(from The Supplied Life by B. Freeman)

Dividing the soul from the body is called DEATH.

And NO, I personally am against that situation.

Anybody who is for it is smoking something toxic.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

53 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Dividing the soul from the body is called DEATH.

And NO, I personally am against that situation.

Anybody who is for it is smoking something toxic.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Not sure what you're referring to - the OP was about dividing soul from spirit, not the body.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 1/28/2024 at 3:41 PM, Sower said:

Thus; Take EVERY thought captive. Examine. Download and meditate, or toss it.
Or, blow it off, chill out and just have a nice day that the Lord hath made...
default_cool2.gif.a89d5790e2f0debaf840ab03c04a3e63.gif    (What I was told here instead of introspecting)

Thanks, VA...

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

The Spirit testifies to our spirit, not our soul.

So where is the mind, a part of our spirit or soul?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)

[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[24] Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. <- this the halleluiah section...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

28 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[24] Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. <- this the halleluiah section...

Is the mind of the spirit, soul, or body?

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

Is the mind of the spirit, soul, or body?

Brother, I believe in the tripart makeup of man as I have studied thus far the best fit for Biblical understanding...
compBodySoulSpiritwithoutname.jpg.de372b710b29c44d9cd39437df069191.jpg
The Holy Spirit of God joins in the new birth He forms within us =spirit and forever we are joined with Him in existence s/Spirit of the inner man and one day body...

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Brother, I believe in the tripart makeup of man as I have studied thus far the best fit for Biblical understanding...
compBodySoulSpiritwithoutname.jpg.de372b710b29c44d9cd39437df069191.jpg

How is this a Biblical understanding?

What are Biblical emotions?

Is fear an emotion?

13 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

How is this a Biblical understanding?

well the verse I quoted for one

[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[24] Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. <- this the halleluiah section...

13 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

emotions are just chords from the heart interacting with the mind- a part of the soul (mind, will, emotion)... they can either be from flesh or inner man s/Spirit...

this of course is in flesh as all OT were not regenerated 
Proverbs 9:10 (KJV)

[10] The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

this is of the regeneration
Acts 9:31 (KJV)

[31] Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

well the verse I quoted for one

Yes, 1 Thes 5:23 addresses spirit, soul and body.

2 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Is fear an emotion?

Your illustration states that the soul consists of

mind, will and emotions, which is not addressed in 1 Thes 5

Where is that addressed in the scriptures.

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

emotions are just chords from the heart interacting with the mind- a part of the soul (mind, will, emotion)... they can either be from flesh or inner man s/Spirit...

emotions connect heart, mind and soul and are not limited to soul then?

How is this derived from the scriptures, OT or NT. 

Is fear an emotion?

50 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Your illustration states that the soul consists of

mind, will and emotions, which is not addressed in 1 Thes 5

Where is that addressed in the scriptures.

Connection to mind with soul:
Proverbs 2:10, Proverbs 19:21, Proverbs 24:14
Psalms 139:14 (KJV)

[14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Because knowledge is a matter of the mind, this proves that the mind is a part of the soul...

Here in Psalms 13:2 (KJV)

[2] How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
bearing concern in the soul.

Lamentations 3:20 (KJV)

[20] My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. Memory of the mind is found in the soul...

Moving on to the Will:
Job 7:15 (KJV)

[15] So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life. Choosing is an act of the will...

Job 6:7 (KJV)

[7] The things that my soul refused to touch are as my sorrowful meat. refusing to touch is an act of the will...

1 Chronicles 22:19 (KJV)

[19] Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and the holy vessels of God, into the house that is to be built to the name of the LORD. setting your soul to seek the Lord is an act of the will...

Numbers 30:2 (KJV)

[2] If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

[3] If a woman also vow a vow unto the LORD, and bind herself by a bond, being in her father's house in her youth;

The term to bind oneself, which occurs eleven times in this chapter, binding one's self with his will and word as 'his soul'...

Emotion is directly tied to soul:
Emotions are complex and include feelings such as love, hate, joy, and sorrow. The Bible tells us that loving is an activity of the soul

Song of Solomon 1:7 (KJV)

[7] Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?

Psalms 42:1 (KJV)

[1] (To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah.) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

This indicates that the soul has an organ, a function, for emotions. Other verses, such as 2 Samuel 5:8, Psalm 107:18, and Ezekiel 36:5, reveal that the soul also harbors hate, loathing, and contempt.

Joy is a great part of the emotion.

Isaiah 61:10 (KJV)

[10] I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Psalms 86:4 (KJV)

[4] Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

It is also listed in the fruit of The Spirit
Galatians 5:22 (KJV)

[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The above verses from the Scriptures provide the basis for saying that the soul has three parts—the mind as the leading part, along with the will and the emotion. These are the most convincing verses to support this view, but they are not the only ones. If we examine the whole Scriptures, we can hardly find anything in the soul other than these three parts. These three parts encompass all the functions of the soul.

• Thanks 1